Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    if there's any justice left, it'll crash and burn.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    honestly? for all the complaining about the story not being realistic when it comes to "why can't we kill you" from both sides that's a good example..dalaran has a vault FULL of hyper powerful magical relics, so does the blood elf reliquary, undead also have a super weapon in the blight and if the recent refurbishing of the skyfire to invincible unstoppable death engine is to be believed...well.. both sides have things that really could just wipe the enemy out any time they want.
    Exactly if we just nuked Ogrimar from orbit it wouldnt make for a interesting patch,although i would probably just watch it over and over again whenever i need a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Yes, but they haven't actually organized into a cohesive group yet. RIGHT NOW, the rebellion is only the Trolls.
    this yet again, what alliance is doing is making sure the troll rebellion (because until 5.4 that's all they really HAVE) lives long enough and isn't forced to attack before they can get the other races' support (because blizz made horde look stupid and start a rebellion before they can back up the threats), if alliance doesn't help vol'jin gets stuck in a fight or die situation where he tries to attack the already fortified orgrimar or runs out of supplies and defenses before he can get support and thus get overrun. vol'jin dies before the rest of the races get there, garrosh continues on with his day using the rebellion as justification to simply execute every troll in the city, other races show up with absolutely no groundwork in place for their attack and are likely forced to back off....then what? alliance magically shows up and crushes orgrimar alone? no. they show up and see it heavily fortified with no damage to it and the remaining horde forces stuck waiting for another opportunity to attack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    Exactly if we just nuked Ogrimar from orbit it wouldnt make for a interesting patch,although i would probably just watch it over and over again whenever i need a laugh
    and if we simply plague everything south of undercity I'd laugh maniacally but it would suck having nothing to kill in world PVP.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    Go GO Alliance flying fortress of badass mage-itude
    http://i.imgur.com/gtP0mgo.png

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said it once before in a post of my own, Dalaran will have to be floating by Azshara (zone) if its going to be near Orgrimmar for the final siege. Personally, I think Dalaran has outlived its usefulness/purpose, and I would be a totally happy panda if they finally made use of that cannon in Azshara and shot it down.

Not as good as Thrall dying, but the devastation brought on by the destruction of another Alliance hub would be delicious war like goodness.

However, I think I also sadistically like seeing Jaina get tormented XD Her character was ruined in Tides of War, she either needs to get fixed or killed off, which is sad since she was once my favorite character.

Kalecgos can go too....

Quote Originally Posted by Elynis View Post
    I've said it once before in a post of my own, Dalaran will have to be floating by Azshara (zone) if its going to be near Orgrimmar for the final siege. Personally, I think Dalaran has outlived its usefulness/purpose, and I would be a totally happy panda if they finally made use of that cannon in Azshara and shot it down.

Not as good as Thrall dying, but the devastation brought on by the destruction of another Alliance hub would be delicious war like goodness.

However, I think I also sadistically like seeing Jaina get tormented XD Her character was ruined in Tides of War, she either needs to get fixed or killed off, which is sad since she was once my favorite character.

Kalecgos can go too....
    Yes, clearly to fix things the Alliance needs to loose ANOTHER major city.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll probably park it over what remains of Theramore isle in future content, since right now Alliance only really have one foothold on Kalimdor. And even that's an island way off the north coast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Northrend version will remain unchanged because it's in the Wrath time bubble.
    I don't imagine we will see the current Dalaran again as an actual city. Sadly game balance demands it. Giving the Alliance another city whereas the Horde doesn't would wind up only causing trouble amongst the playerbase.

Dalaran should remain Alliance. It rejoining the Alliance has been one of favourite things about this expansion. It's given us a new ally that we're familiar with and enjoy while having it's own cool flare of Humanity what with all the magi and arcane fun that goes on with it. It would also be nice for Jaina and Khadgar to remain Alliance as I'm not fond of losing heroes to neutrality. Lastly they've given us a good morally grey event which is something the Alliance needed amidst all of the white knight stuff that Varian and Anduin have been doing and want that event to stick with us and have some meaning to it outside of just this expansion.

It would be nice if could see it during the SoO or even in 5.5 if there is one.

However I won't be too bothered if we don't see Dalaran again. So long as we see the continued support of Kirin Tor magi in Alliance hubs and Jaina helping out I'll be fully content.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermaplugg yer butt View Post
    Screw the Horde monkeys. Dalaran and the Kirin Tor are Alliance organizations and should remain as such. I support Jaina, and it if were by me, I'd hover Dalaran over The Undercity and Orgrimmar and fire an Independence-Day death ray to purge the earth beneath it.
    What makes you think that piece-of-shit rock is even capable of throwing anything other than rubble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing as I know Blizzard and his hatred for the Alliance, I think it's pretty obvious that when Garrosh is killed, Jaina and the Kirin Tor will again be neutral and friends of the Horde and, therefore, Dalaran will remain as before of MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly i thingk it will only have a lore purpose in SoO (imagine a huge bombardier flying around a combat zone waiting for an order to rain havoc), and then it will go back to Northrend, and Jaina writted off as "needing some sabatical time or something" that will bring the Kirin Tor out of the spotlight again.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    I think the first item on the Kirin Tor's (or more specifically, the Council of Six') order of business should be to remove Jaina as leader of the Kirin Tor, and possibly put her, Vereesa and all members of the Silver Covenant involved in the Purge of Dalaran on trial.
    It seems unlikely because

a: The council appears to have agreed
    b: The entire action has been presented to the Alliance and Kirin Tor as putting down an armed insurrection and invasion by the BElfs and Horde forces. Alliance players are told those still above ground are those who refused to go peacefully and who struck back and raised weapon and wand against the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Funny, I read the the same dialogue. Read his bluff, called his bluff, and was given a reason why we should help him.
    What reason? That he's an idiot for making the threat? That he's a craven coward for backing down?

He's saying he can last weeks against the kor'kron. That's about how long the Alliance needs him to last. They don't need him to live. They don't want him to live.

And that's assuming the Alliance decide to press ahead.

The issue here is that the Alliance story, such as it was, has been effectively dropped. Blizzard isn't going to show a world war. They aren't going to allow an invasion. The Alliance end up working with Vol'jin and throwing off a few pithy oneliners to underscore "We aren't allies even though we act like it....look - I'm insulting them!!! How can we be allies if I insult them?"

The Alliance has reason to USE Vol'jin.

It has no reason to ally with him. It has no reason to work with him. It has no reason to take orders form him or accept his insults or threats. Indeed, it has no reason to actually proceed with the invasion. It has every reason to want to see Vol'jin and his Darkspears dead alongside Garrosh and Sylvanas.

The Alliance are supposedly using Vol'jin. But end up giving him supplies that could be used to support the invasion forces directly. The Alliance are't allied with him - but the players end up taking orders/quests from him, using a Horde village as a base and visiting a Horde quartermaster for gear. The Alliance DON'T need Vol'jin - you keep missing this core central fact; he's helpful to have but not necessary - but are still expected to put up with his idiocy and threats and insults.

Alliance players get to see the Barrens and Durotar phased to see the impact of Horde events, but don't get to see it phased to showcase an Alliance invasion. The ONE chance in the entire XPac we have to actually see the Alliance do something - and its effectively dropped.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What makes you think that piece-of-shit rock is even capable of throwing anything other than rubble.
    Because it's powered by the most powerful mages in Azeroth. Obvious, really.
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

I wasn't aware the Dragonflights had joined the Kirin Tor.

Crash and fucking burn i hope

Good riddance to that impotent Mage talking shop

All that power required for flying... would be shame should it get diverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Hopefully the blood elves will find a way to make the focusing iris blow up and take dalaran and jaina with it.

If we forgive the kirin tor i will be pissed.
    Right. Forgive the Kirin Tor for being betrayed. Makes sense. Because detaining suspects is criminal activity now, and the leader of an organisation isn't allowed to give orders when required, and when suspects fight back you shouldn't defend yourself in order to bring them down. Makes sense.

Also typical Horde fanboi threatening mass destruction and murder (again!).

And I'm Horde. Stop alternating between being a crybaby and a chestthumper, it makes you look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Right. Forgive the Kirin Tor for being betrayed. Makes sense. Because detaining suspects is criminal activity now, and the leader of an organisation isn't allowed to give orders when required, and when suspects fight back you shouldn't defend yourself in order to bring them down. Makes sense.

Also typical Horde fanboi threatening mass destruction and murder (again!).

And I'm Horde. Stop alternating between being a crybaby and a chestthumper, it makes you look silly.
    um...the kirin tor may have a leadership position but its actual policies and decisions are COUNCIL decisions, blizz has even actively said that some of the council is ticked that jaina decided to simply imprison or kill the sunreavers and completely join the war in line with the alliance (pretty sure modera was specifically mentioned in that too somewhere), and you have to admit it's easy to get annoyed when kirin tor already broke neutrality twice by directly aiding the alliance first with theramore and then with the divine bell (those both breach actual neutrality as they are an expendature of effort, material, or personnel in favor of one side with the clear intention of preventing progress on the other, there WERE options that could have been chosen that would maintain neutrality and still rendered aid such as attempts for humanitarian aid in evacuating theramore or simply advising on protection of the divine bell instead of jaina personally placing up wards to keep it save in darnassus). it just seems hypocritical that when a break in neutrality is met with another break in neutrality in the opposite direction it's only the one on horde side that gets treated as betrayal and the horde members of dalaran completely ignore the fact that alliance was directly aided, and no this isn't advocating that destroy dalaran view because I'd honestly rather just let alliance have it so it can show up next expansion and we can have sunreavers appear again in counter to it.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I wasn't aware the Dragonflights had joined the Kirin Tor.
    Kalecgos is now a member of the Kirin Tor, so yeah they have a former Aspect of Magic amongst their ranks...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    um...the kirin tor may have a leadership position but its actual policies and decisions are COUNCIL decisions, blizz has even actively said that some of the council is ticked that jaina decided to simply imprison or kill the sunreavers and completely join the war in line with the alliance (pretty sure modera was specifically mentioned in that too somewhere), and you have to admit it's easy to get annoyed when kirin tor already broke neutrality twice by directly aiding the alliance first with theramore and then with the divine bell (those both breach actual neutrality as they are an expendature of effort, material, or personnel in favor of one side with the clear intention of preventing progress on the other, there WERE options that could have been chosen that would maintain neutrality and still rendered aid such as attempts for humanitarian aid in evacuating theramore or simply advising on protection of the divine bell instead of jaina personally placing up wards to keep it save in darnassus). it just seems hypocritical that when a break in neutrality is met with another break in neutrality in the opposite direction it's only the one on horde side that gets treated as betrayal and the horde members of dalaran completely ignore the fact that alliance was directly aided, and no this isn't advocating that destroy dalaran view because I'd honestly rather just let alliance have it so it can show up next expansion and we can have sunreavers appear again in counter to it.
    The council agreed unanimously to defend Theramore from Horde aggression. Aethas was amongst the council at that point - the contention is whether Aethas knew of the Horde's plans and agreed to let the Kirin Tor assist on the basis that it would ultimately be useful to the Horde in that it would help set them up for a coup in Dalaran if you consider what would have resulted if Vareesa and Jaina had also died in Theramore as planned.

Further, after the fall of Theramore and instalation of Jaina as leader of the Kirin Tor, however uneasy the rest of the council were with returning to the Alliance; whatever misgivings they have, they are actively assisting in the offensive on the Isle of Thunder - Modera you mentioned is a main quest giver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The council agreed unanimously to defend Theramore from Horde aggression. Aethas was amongst the council at that point - the contention is whether Aethas knew of the Horde's plans and agreed to let the Kirin Tor assist on the basis that it would ultimately be useful to the Horde in that it would help set them up for a coup in Dalaran if you consider what would have resulted if Vareesa and Jaina had also died in Theramore as planned.

Further, after the fall of Theramore and instalation of Jaina as leader of the Kirin Tor, however uneasy the rest of the council were with returning to the Alliance; whatever misgivings they have, they are actively assisting in the offensive on the Isle of Thunder - Modera you mentioned is a main quest giver.
    exactly, where the horde spies are just that..individual spies that did things without the knowledge or consent of the other sunreavers, the first break of neutrality in favor of the alliance was a UNANIMOUS DECISION by the entire leading council of dalaran. I still don't get how a group that has dedicated itself to a neutral stance can have leaders so stupid that they don't notice when they're abandoning that by actively aiding one side against the other and feel like the outrage against the sunreavers would be more understandable (not justifiable because again it's 2 spies that did these betrayals not the entire group) if not for the terrible logic shown by the others.

as for modera...they really don't have to fully agree with the decision in order to support their group after its been dedicated to a course of action, there's a big difference between being angry and dropping all support in outrage.