Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The original Stiches in Duskwood scared the crap out of me when I first encountered him on my first character ever, a human paladin, back in 2006. I was a total newb, this was my first MMORPG, everything was so fresh and engaging. I remember it vividly.

I just had dinged 20 and learned Seal of Command. I had a mini-orgasm the first time it procced because it had a special attack animation...basically the only paladin skill that triggered the special attack animation back then. (I may be wrong, cant recall if Reckoning also did). I was dealing so much damage with my crappy green two-hand sword I thought I was gonna become a DPS machine at later levels. I traveled from Westfall to Duskwood on foot and got to Raven Hill Cementary. When I saw a ?? gold skeleton patroling the area, I got the FUCK OUTTA there. I tried to kill some lvl 26 skeletons, but it was futile and time consuming. I desisted and started following the main road to see where it would take me. Just in the middle of the road, near the T intersection, there were some friendly Night Watchmen. I didn't know what it was about. I loitered around the area for a while, trying to reveal the map and locate the town. I then went back to the road, past the T, and all the sudden I saw his huge ?? lvl monstrosity coming straight at me. I popped my poor's man version of Divine Shield (cant recall its name) and tried to run like crazy, Stiches attacks bouncing at my shield time and time again. Then my bubble expired and I got one-shotted. From that moment I was always scared shitless of going near that road.

Oh the memories.
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

First npc i can remember being at awe, was the dragon in the middle of duskwood

fel reavers back in BC. the ground shaking and that noise... man you had to play with the sound on back then or you would just fuckin die in hellfire.

Elling Trias <Master of Cheese>!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lord Valthalak, or more specifically his spectral assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Fel Reaver in God damn Hellfire peninsula. Back in the day that piece of crap asshole creeped up on my ass trillion times. You could never hear the fucker coming, until he was on top of you stomping your head into the dirt.

And old Morgan Ladimore in Darkshire. The bitch could smell you on the other side of Raven Hill and rub the floor with you. And again just as you corpse ran. Then again.

Very few thing in WoW ever made me look over my shoulder like those 2 guys.
    I agree with both of these as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold Sellers.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Panda children.
    ugh! getting chills everytime... that face!!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Azshara. For some reason her description just creeps me out, especially due to having water as an environment. The thought of what lurks below has always creeped me out.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hogger. /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Thaddius for sure. He's made out of corpses of men,women and children and if you lower your ingame music you can hear them scream.
    Fun fact. if you go to the undercity and turn ambiance up to full you can hear W3 sounds from Arthas' return. The conversation between him and his father in the throne room and cheering in that hall where they threw flowers down.
    Also a bell in the bell room
    Last edited by Thrive; 2013-07-08 at 06:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scarlet Postmaster questing in EPL before Cata.

The first one for me was Gesharahan. I was on my first character a hunter questing in the barrens. I stumbled upon him and he was visually awesome and was the first rare spawn i had ever seen. I tried to solo but was not happening. Got a group and he dropped a green sword. I tangled with it for about 2 hours.

Those 4 alliance outriders that traveled across the barrens pre cata.... died to them many times leveling as horde.
    Fel reaver
    Sons of argual (any elite that had a huge patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Fel Reaver in God damn Hellfire peninsula. Back in the day that piece of crap asshole creeped up on my ass trillion times. You could never hear the fucker coming, until he was on top of you stomping your head into the dirt.
    This!! That god damn fel reaver is the reason why as a gnome I deserve my racial; Escape Artist =))
    And then it's dysfunction this, and dysfunction that, and dysfunction vaffancul!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    this is the only correct answer. ANYONE who played WoW back when BC first came out knows the terror of being squished as a 60 leveling in hellfire. what made it even worse was there was literally NOTHING like it in vanilla so it was totally unexpected. there were big elites but they couldnt sneak up on you like the fel reaver did.
    I still wipe him out when i hit Hellfire every time.

Payback mofo.

I swear that I spent more time panning my camera around in Hellfire trying to keep a lookout for those titanic doomsday machines then actually playing the game.

Oh, and the halls of reflection escape. That was fear like none other. Not kidding.

Gastropods, thats easy. Those damn things terrify me, every time I see one I assume I'm about to die!

Deleted

Crithto is one badass motherfucker.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Z View Post
    Gastropods, thats easy. Those damn things terrify me, every time I see one I assume I'm about to die!
    Hardest boss in entire LFR the...snails :P