Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why is not Tailoring considered the universally best PVP profession?

Hey, guys

All guides everywhere suggest for PVP professions that boost primary stats, such as JC, LW, BS.

I'm wondering why Tailoring isn't considered best, the 4k Attack Power proc seems quite powerful with 15s uptime and only 45sec recharge. Furthermore, it's very likely to proc together with your PVP proc trinket, boosting the effect even further.

Isn't this much better than the 320agi + 180crit (or str,int equivalent) that you lose for exchange of this enchant?

Ty in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it was engineering tbh.

it lack the gadgets engineer has therfore engineer is the best
    only 1 can be the best pvp profession and thats engineer
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a proc and procs can't be reliable in pvp, so people rather have static stats or engi, for the cd

I think it has to do more with that it's a random proc and if you are trying to burst and it doesn't proc it does you no good. Whereas a static stat would. It's one of the many reasons why people love Engineering for PvP due to the on use glove enchants and rocket boots.

Can't rocket boots in rated pvp.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I think it has to do more with that it's a random proc and if you are trying to burst and it doesn't proc it does you no good. Whereas a static stat would. It's one of the many reasons why people love Engineering for PvP due to the on use glove enchants and rocket boots.
    RAWKET BEWTS HOOOOOO!!!

Aw dayum, nitro malfunction. HNNNNGH *Dies*

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Can't rocket boots in rated pvp.
    OP didn't mention rated PVP. I also took engi (way back in TBC) because of nitro boots tho, was awesome for running flags in BGs. Still IS awesome, provided I don't blow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engi = 1920 primary stat, which gets scaled up by the passive 5% increased primary stat = 2016*2 for attack power users = 4032 attack power (not counting additional primary stat boosts and crit from agility like sublety rogues, which have 30% increased agility).

Of course you could be tailoring + engi for higher burst, but I think most people secretly prefer sustained stats more.

you cant always time things around a proc. as a healer i could throw a random hot out while los when nothings happening and it procs, and i dont get any effect. Its more effective to have better healing all the time, or on demand when you need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    1. can't control it
    2. doesn't scale as well as primary stats for example DK pillar of frost +20% str, rogue default 30% agi and stuff like that

But it could work depending on your comp like Hunter feral x when you win or lose games in first 20 seconds

Deleted
    Well if you play a "all-in" team like rmp tailoring is rather nice cause your opener has to be strong and they always proc on the opener.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't line up Synapse Springs with on use trinkets I think.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    That's why you use either 2 proc trinkets (human) or cc trinket and proc trinket. Synapse springs is almost as much primary stat as the PvP on-use trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    I haven't seen anyone using on-use PVP trinkets in a long time.

And to OP with proc trinket up, synapse springs, and orc racial all popped it is theoretically more DPS than human double trinket, lol. I think Synapse Springs are considered fairly strong for PVP, particularly with the one minute CD. As a Rogue this lines up perfectly with ny Shadow Dance, maybe classes who don't have burst on a 1 min CD would prefer something else?

Quote Originally Posted by AnEvilForce View Post
    RAWKET BEWTS HOOOOOO!!!

Aw dayum, nitro malfunction. HNNNNGH *Dies*
    To be honest, I've never died from a malfunction yet. A few malfunctions in world pvp that launched me into the sky and let me goblin glider to safety actually saved me at least a dozen times, and I frequently use the glider in Eye of the Storm to go from one side of the map to the next whenever I need a quick escape. I always wonder what the enemy team is thinking when they think they have me dead and I just goblin glider to safety.

Also I'm pretty sure Rocket Fuel Leak can be dispelled. Anytime mine goes off I just pop cloak of shadows and it's instantly gone, lol.
    Last edited by achromatickang; 2013-07-08 at 12:54 PM.

i think tailoring is awesome! wait for proc, pop trnkets

you can't pop trinks on top of engineering strings.

And i think tailoring comes out ahead mathematically against any other profession from what I read somewhere on elitist jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by panterarules View Post

And i think tailoring comes out ahead mathematically against any other profession from what I read somewhere on elitist jerks.
    Not to mention having tailoring and engineering both going at the same time, but like others said, the scaling from STR and Agility etc. is generally a lot higher than Attack Power. I could see during the first patch / season why the atk power from tailoring would be awesome, but with the scaling of gear and the way baseline stats snowball, I imagine it would become significantly worse each patch / season.

Quote Originally Posted by panterarules View Post

I think tailoring is far worse in comparison to engineering. You ALWAYS want to be in control of your burst when you PVP. Though tailoring is more than fine for random battleground mucking around and low arena ratings.

you can control engineering's proc. you can't control tailoring proc.

thats the be all and end all of it. minimizing rng in pvp is a big deal, you want as many abilities and cooldowns under your direct control as possible.

nitros are nice for random play (really nice, and trolling ab/eots/pretty much every bg with glider is nice too), but since you can't use them in rated play who the hell cares about fuel leaks?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

After the resi/power nerfs I think it's a very good talent to take with engineering. I'm a blacksmith on my rogue but I'm only getting 320agi and 200stam from that compared to an average of +500agi from tailoring. Back when you could take +640power/resi with BS it was stronger, but that was then. I'm just too lazy to change professions yet again...
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    it lack the gadgets engineer has therfore engineer is the best
    only 1 can be the best pvp profession and thats engineer
    You dont need engi to kill bots in scrub bgs.
    For actual pvp all those are useless.