Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I like many of the Raid titles, but since I don't raid at a high level I usually don't get the titles till a patch or expansion down the road. For those who are hardcore raiders, I'm sure the response if they were removed is just "too bad, raid competitively then." I would love to raid competitively, but between school and work I don't have the time. I'm willing to bet the majority of the playerbase is the same way.

The titles/mounts are special for the current tier, after that you have new content to focus on. It shouldn't matter how many people got the title/mount after you, because you got it first. Achievements have time stamps, you can feel superior that way.
    No, I believe you should be completely locked out of any title or mount you could have obtained a patch later. And don't get me wrong, I don't even raid anymore because of the same reasons, but that doesn't make me feel entitled to get all that fluff.

I'm absolutely against making the game even less different and less about skill (or time investment even, it remains an MMORPG for crying out loud). Because linking achievements with a timestamp on it is going to make you feel superior.. Seriously?

Either you do it now, or you miss out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    I use the heroic tier title for as long as the tier is current then swap to hand of a'dal or champion of ulduar for the start of next tier. Being able to overpower titles removes all prestige from them until you end up with Twilight Vanqisher. (One of the most common titles in the game as of now).
    I'm fine with them not removing the titles as patches go on. I have my hand of a'dal, other people don't. If someone's using storms end in 5.4 and they don't have the cutting edge feat, then good on them for needing to outgear the content by 30ilvls, I'm sure the title will serve them well.
    Same thing tbh, I just prefer using my Conqueror of Naxxramas (which wasn't even remotely hard to get, but required you to level up and gear up fast and be the first on your realm) outside of heroic titles. Hoping to get Storm's End before 5.4.

I usually don't use a title after the content is not current. I wish they would remove raid titles but they never will. I do hope the implement server first tiles again. I have no clue how they would do this since server first achievements are guild bound instead of personal now.

it'll still be available when 5.4 hits. like its been said blizz doesnt remove anything anymore but crappy fos's that no1 cares about

and when was firelord ever hard? post nerf everyone just grouped in the geysers to avoid the stacking debuff and burned raggy down to nothing.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    it'll still be available when 5.4 hits. like its been said blizz doesnt remove anything anymore but crappy fos's that no1 cares about

and when was firelord ever hard? post nerf everyone just grouped in the geysers to avoid the stacking debuff and burned raggy down to nothing.
    You would be surprised of how awful people can be with geysers haha god that still pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    I look at dates plenty. It's funny you mentioned Death's Demise in your first post but that title could technically still be available today, though highly unlikely. But many servers didn't see kills for months, or even until the next year with two full tiers of gear later.

Honestly, if I see somebody with a Death's Demise any later than August 09 it just looks cheapened.
    I got mine in November 09, and I don't feel cheapened by it. Nor have I ever had anyone say anything about it besides asking how to get it. It's probably the closest thing to "unique" I'll ever do in WOW, especially since I haven't played more than casual since WOTLK, so I'll always wear it. That and it looks better then Grand Crusader.

Anyways, as a dirty casual now I don't see why Blizz would remove anything but FoS for server firsts. Unlike other games, titles give nothing but another name next to yours. Once people stop caring about being unique snowflakes in a game with millions of players, the game becomes more enjoyable. At least in my opinion.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Shocking I know but just use a title that you think goes well with your name.

OT: No offense meant but you post here a lot for someone that's "retired" from the game Apathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    Shocking I know but just use a title that you think goes well with your name.

OT: No offense meant but you post here a lot for someone that's "retired" from the game Apathy.
    I'm retired yeah but I still fuck around the game lol like I let my sub fall then renew it let it fall same shit for the past year. I like to fuck around 99% of the time besides I got to get my legendary and my heroic garrosh mount which I have to buy since I don't raid HC top tier anymore yada yada :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lyd View Post
    In terms of raid-based titles? Yes, in my opinion it is. Sure, I'd say that it's okay to keep the titles for the whole associated expansion (i.e. T14 for the life of MoP). However, I do feel that Blizz should remove the possibility of getting those titles once the following expansion patch/game is released.

A mage I talked to complained that he wouldn't have been able to have his Firelord title then and that it would affect his RP negatively. Then again, in my opinion, if you're going to walk around calling yourself Firelord, then shouldn't you have been able to best Ragnaros the way it was intended in the associated expansion? I mean, as long as you were a somewhat half-decent player it wasn't exactly hard to so by the end of Dragon Soul; and yeah, if you were still unable to do so at that time, then you're simply not worthy of entitling yourself 'Firelord'.
    "look at me i hate rp" thats what your writeing right there..sorry but alot of roleplayers DO NOT actively raid at all.

Honestly go chew on your "special candy" already.. you don't like it? then don't bother about it, simple if someone got it so what? you got it when it was revelent, please stop complaining for fuk sake.
    give it a rest.

It's amusing that people here are saying they only use the heroic raid titles for the 'tier it's available' even though they probably killed Lei Shen HC after their raid was geared to the max with LMGs and ilvl 600 cloaks. Here's a hint: the bonus damage provided from the LMG and the cloak is probably equal to a 10-15% nerf to Lei Shen HC. It nerfs the encounter so much so that when on progress you needed to BL to beat the p1 dps requirement, nowadays you can run 6-7 healers, not use BL, and still beat the DPS requirement. Lei Shen HC is a bit of a joke now. The only 'hard' part is p3, and that's made tons easier due to the fact you can BL from the get go and burn 10-15% of his HP before the first Thunderstruck.

they don't remove raiding titles...just mounts. You'll be able to get it 3 expansions from now if you want.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    ... just run with Champion of the Naaru/Hand of Adal if you wanna feel special?
    Hand of A'dal could be obtained during Wrath if you had picked the quest up during TBC.

OT: Unfortunately, like with previous end boss titles, it most likely will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    People are quitting the game over titles?
    I think it's more that there is no reason to go above and beyond since anyone can just wait a few months then overpower the content and somehow be bestowed with the same vanity rewards, making them meaningless. Say what you please, MMOs are (well, used to be) a social game, and one of the social aspects was being admired for your achievements by players who lacked the skill to do the same.

At least, that's one of the main reasons I left, I don't try to speak for anyone else. I can find better things to do with my mind that actually give me awards that aren't just handed to others who try later.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    heroic garrosh mount which I have to buy
    I wish they would also make it so you can buy gear, titles, mounts, while it's still current.

Bads who were decent two expansions ago think they are still relevant in MoP, but clearly can't cut the raid content so they buy titles and mounts and claim to be so hardcore that someone else doing so diminishes their achievements.

I don't like heroic raiding anymore
    Again, you aren't relevant then to complain about heroic raiding rewards. Please go do more dailies with your nostalgic titles, but stay out of current content arguments that you have no place in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustForThisThread View Post
    Again, you aren't relevant then to complain about heroic raiding rewards. Please go do more dailies with your nostalgic titles, but stay out of current content arguments that you have no place in.
    Nope and I'm not going to be insulted by you LOL when you can't even remotely counter me.

EZ

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about everyone else, but whenever I use "prestigious" raid titles from previous tiers, or any title for that matter, I don't expect to be looked at with amazement. I simply use those titles because it either looks good with my character's name, fits that character's race/class, or I just feel like using it. And many raid titles go great with certain toons, so having access to them is nice... But like I said, I really don't expect to be swooned over by wearing a raid title that wasn't hard to achieve, and I wouldn't be surprised if most other players who got Starcaller, the Light of Dawn, Savior of Azeroth, etc. after their respective patches feel that way too.

I sort of understand wanting to show off that you accomplished something great à la an in-game title, but some of you getting this upset over prestige in a video game? Just lol...

can't even remotely counter me.
    This proves my point. You think I'm trying to "counter you". This isn't an argument, there is nothing to counter. You don't do progressive raiding. I do. You are going to buy Garrosh mount. I'm 3rd in line on my 25m to get it. I will get my legitimately, you will pay for yours.

You think because you used to raid you can complain about people getting old raid titles. I think because I do raid that I can complain about people buying current content runs. You are just another random now. Thats nice, you are holding on to your Death's Demise title. Clearly you are a better player than me. I wish that they had internet or even the time to raid during my four deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. Tell me again how great you are? I'd like to hear it.

You don't raid anymore. Stop posting about things that don't affect you. Go get your meta mount through flex raid, then come back to these forums and complain how flex raiding is ruining the game.

EZ.

edit://

We will continue this later. You have the luxury of posting on the forums all day, but I have to go to a quick 3 hour 13/13H clear where we are carrying three people to their title and gear. Unless you are in on this run? In which case, I'll see you in 10 minutes!
    Last edited by JustForThisThread; 2013-07-08 at 02:47 PM.

Hahaha.

This guy.

OT: Who cares about pixels, not like anyone clearing current content wears last tiers title anyway.

I honestly don't see why next tier should be any different to *almost* every other tier.

Quote Originally Posted by JustForThisThread View Post
    EZ.
    A lot of big claims here without having an armoury link yourself, someone could draw a conclusion or two from your posts. He seems to at least have the history to back himself, you not so much it seems...