Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    They are plaguing it. They do not want it healed. We also know their blight lasts a long time.
    Druids also plague everything with wildgrowth parasitic life forms. Hell, not even Firelands are safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure Varian will get right on that when he spent the entirety of Wrath of the Lich King, when he was still in that whole 'EXECUTE EVERYONE!' violent-psychotic mindset from the imperfect fusion, treating Tirion as nothing less than his equal and friend. I'm also sure that the Crusade will get right on kowtowing to the man who killed the hero of the war against the Lich King instead of, you know, tearing his head off right then and there and forever walling off the new Lordaeron they're building to the Alliance.

Hilariously stupid name aside, what makes you think the Scarlet Crusade will have anything to do with anyone after more than a decade of extreme xenophobia and killing anyone not part of their ranks (or who doesn't submit to quarantine and re-education-read-brainwashing)? Further, there is no more Scarlet Crusade. Balnazzar killed and Scourged them all as the Risen and the Argent Crusade's Brotherhood of the Light, along with Alliance and Horde adventurers, killed all of them and what they didn't, a group of Alliance and Horde adventurers did elsewhere.

On top of all that, let's assume there are some Scarlets left. What makes you think the Argent Crusade will want anything to do with them, when the only people in the Argent Dawn who worked with them in Vanilla treated them with thinly-veiled contempt even when the alliance held up?

edit: No, seriously. Cerulean Aurora? That sounds like a stripper's stage name, not some powerful reclamation army.

Okay, the 'Cerulean Aurora' name was a mere placeholder ... Now I have a better one: 'The Scarlet Dawn' ... better, it isn't?

Varian might feel some kind of affection for Tirion (I prefer not to think about what kind of affection is) but I'm sure that Sylvanas doesn't share that same affection for Tirion ...

It is so predictable! Sylvanas will want to eliminate Tirion sooner or latter, since for her, he is a nuisance, and ... either she will handle the murder personally, or maybe she will create an elaborate plan to kill him (maybe Koltira can intervene) ...

In any case, with the death of the egomaniacal of Tirion Fordring, the Argent Crusade will be dissolved and will disappear like tears in the rain ... leaving a lot of people angry with the undead and the Horde and with a wild desire to return Lordaeron to its former glory ... (among all these people could have some former members of the Scarlet Crusade who are not corrupt nor dead).

This is the perfect situation for the appearance of the Queen Calia, the only one that can bring them together and give them the hope they need ... she will unite them all under the command of the Scarlet Dawn and they will become a very radical and pro-Alliance faction (this time without demonic corruption).

The story of how Sylvanas will reforge again Frostmourne, and how Calia becomes the new Ashbringer, resulting in a fierce struggle for control of Lordaeron between two voluptuous and sexy bad girls with magic swords ... will continue other day ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Okay, the 'Cerulean Aurora' name was a mere placeholder ... Now I have a better one: 'The Scarlet Dawn' ... better, it isn't?

Varian might feel some kind of affection for Tirion (I prefer not to think about what kind of affection is) but I'm sure that Sylvanas doesn't share that same affection for Tirion ...

It is so predictable! Sylvanas will want to eliminate Tirion sooner or latter, since for her, he is a nuisance, and ... either she will handle the murder personally, or maybe she will create an elaborate plan to kill him (maybe Koltira can intervene) ...

In any case, with the death of the egomaniacal of Tirion Fordring, the Argent Crusade will be dissolved and will disappear like tears in the rain ... leaving a lot of people angry with the undead and the Horde and with a wild desire to return Lordaeron to its former glory ... (among all these people could have some former members of the Scarlet Crusade who are not corrupt nor dead).

This is the perfect situation for the appearance of the Queen Calia, the only one that can bring them together and give them the hope they need ... she will unite them all under the command of the Scarlet Dawn and they will become a very radical and pro-Alliance faction (this time without demonic corruption).

The story of how Sylvanas will reforge again Frostmourne, and how Calia becomes the new Ashbringer, resulting in a fierce struggle for control of Lordaeron between two voluptuous and sexy bad girls with magic swords ... will continue other day ...
    How about threesome ? SylvanasXvarianXtirion ? I say it would be nice way to show all that affection.

Also i have better apperance for "queen" calia. So she walking down stairs, but then falls and breaks neck. And dies. Happy end.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    How about threesome ? SylvanasXvarianXtirion ? I say it would be nice way to show all that affection.

Also i have better apperance for "queen" calia. So she walking down stairs, but then falls and breaks neck. And dies. Happy end.
    While I do hope Calia returns I think a large amount of the player base do not wish her to be implemented into the game, This is similar to Me'dan, ghostcrawler said that Me'dan might be implemented in the future but at the time the fanbase was not responding well to the Me'dan character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    While I do hope Calia returns I think a large amount of the player base do not wish her to be implemented into the game, This is similar to Me'dan, ghostcrawler said that Me'dan might be implemented in the future but at the time the fanbase was not responding well to the Me'dan character.
    I don't think 99% of player base even know who she is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfect for me, I would kill all three together...

Okay, but only after her marriage to Varian Wrynn, in this manner Varian would commit suicide after losing two consecutive wives and so Anduin would inherit the dynastic rights of Stormwind and Lordaeron

I don't think 99% of player base even know who she is.
    That's all a good thing, at the end of the day you can not hate what you do not know ...

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Okay, but only after her marriage to Varian Wrynn, in this manner Varian would commit suicide after losing two consecutive wives and so Anduin would inherit the dynastic rights of Stormwind and Lordaeron
    And then Stormwind explodes into an open rebelion thanks to Anduins incompetence and lack of experience!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And then Stormwind explodes into an open rebelion thanks to Anduins incompetence and lack of experience!
    And every single citizen of alliance dies !!! Again happy end !!!

And every single citizen of alliance dies !!! Again happy end !!!
    Your mean, what has the alliance ever done to you hmmmm in fact here we are coming to rescue you guys since you cannot even handle your own Warchief.

And don't worry you dont have to say thank you, we do it because were the bigger men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Your mean, what has the alliance ever done to you hmmmm in fact here we are coming to rescue you guys since you cannot even handle your own Warchief.

And don't worry you dont have to say thank you, we do it because were the bigger men.
    To quote adam jensen "i never asked for this"
    Who said we need rescuing ? I for one enjoy troll genoicide. And we will thank you.... after you do another weekly quest for horde leader wannabe. Fetch !!! And if you are nice and quick we might reward you with battle pet.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2013-07-08 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Have played the WPL?

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26978

They are re-plaguing the area. "I almost liked it better when the Scourge held the area. At least they had the sense to put a giant plague cauldron in the middle of the field.". You do not have a plague cauldronn there if it's not to spread the blight. They also have they're blooming blight machines there.
    "Those Argent Crusaders and those infernal Cenarion druids have done too good a job of healing the plaguelands" They resent them for healing the land, they don't want it cured.

They are plaguing it. They do not want it healed. We also know their blight lasts a long time.
    Except that you are not placing cauldrons, but drums, and these things are not capable of spreading anything in a zone wider of the one intended.

If you would remember something else apart what you quoted (like the objective of the first quest) you would see that the drums are filled of latent Plague remained in the Western Plaguelands, gathered by the player by killing infected wildlife present in the last bits of plagued land remained, untouched by the Cenarion Circle or by the Argent Crusade yet. It's not the Blight. And if the Apotecary needed you for gather remnants of Scourge's Plague for execute his orders, obviously means that the Blight was not "the thing" for do the job.

And indeed it wasn't. The Blight don't plague, nor spread, it is NOT a viral infection. The purpose of the quest was to destroy Alliance's crops and "take back" the farm in Andorhal, an action of war, not one intended to trigger an unstoppable process of plaguing throughout the land, just for the love of see it all gray and rotting.

For the rest, the predictable opinion of an Apotecary about the state of the land means little, he can do little more than say "those Argent Crusaders and those infernal Cenarion druids have done a too good a job of healing the plaguelands" so he may dislike their "too good job", but "shit" is done, and there is nothing he can do about it, like his two quests suggest, he doesn't have the stuff and power for do anything, even less the authority, and in fact little implies that he have "greater goals" in mind apart executing his orders, orders regarding the war effort.

Then, let's take a look in places in which battles are ended and won, like in Hillsbrad: there is residual Blight turned into oozes in Southshore, that could last a long time (and still wouldn't do anything to the natural ecosystem) but the Forsaken are the first interested to remove its effects, because, unlike the Scourge's Plague, the Blight can damage and kill even undead, so they, obviously, cannot properly make an use of a town infested of Blight, would be dangerous and possibly deadly for them too, while they desire to make an use of Southshore, possibly rebulding it in a Forsaken-styled town, like happened to Brill.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-08 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Bow before your new master!" - Agatha raising Hillsbrad Refugees.

Yep totally the same choice as before.
    And when people say "no", the response is, "Well, sorry to see you go. Good luck on your undeath."

What really infuriates me about the post-WotLK Argent Crusade is that Tirion just shows back up in Mardenholde Keep and nobody anywhere even gives the slightest mention to the fact that he was previously exiled from those lands(along with an attempt to have his powers stripped) for doing the right thing and upholding the ideals of the very order that tried to strip him of his holy powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    <snip>
    So to sum up what you've said - They're not spreading plague, but they're spreading plague.

It's these type of dumb arguments that put me off these forums. You've openly acknowledged that they're harvesting the Scourge Blight and using it on healed lands yet say they're not spreading blight? It makes no sense. They are spreading blight you're just choosing to skip over the fact that you yourself pointed out.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-07-08 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So to sum up what you've said - They're not spreading plague, but they're spreading plague.

It's these type of dumb arguments that put me off these forums. You've openly acknowledged that they're harvesting the Scourge Blight and using it on healed lands yet say they're not spreading blight? It makes no sense. They are spreading blight you're just choosing to skip over the fact that you yourself pointed out.
    There's a difference between targeted attacks and fire-hosing the entire countryside.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it was never confirmed if Calia is dead or if hastings is her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There's a difference between targeted attacks and fire-hosing the entire countryside.
    You're avoiding the point though.
    They used plague bombs on cured land. They have blight spreaders in their base at andorhal. You only have to look at Southshore which cleanly demonstrates their strategy for expanding, they plague a place and move in when it's safe. That's exactly what they're doing in the WPL as the quest demonstrates.

Atm they're not hosing the whole countryside simply because they don't want to provoke the Argents, hence why so far it was only used on cured land the Alliance were using. Why the argents stand and watch is a mystery when the Forsaken are directly undoing their work.

We also don't directly know how strong the plague was they used in the WPL on the fields. They used the weakened scourge blight as a reagent which means it was only part of the plague and thus not the plague itself. They simply harvested it and souped it up with their own alchemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    What really infuriates me about the post-WotLK Argent Crusade is that Tirion just shows back up in Mardenholde Keep and nobody anywhere even gives the slightest mention to the fact that he was previously exiled from those lands(along with an attempt to have his powers stripped) for doing the right thing and upholding the ideals of the very order that tried to strip him of his holy powers.
    True, Tirion should be executed at the time, at the end of the day the punishment for high treason is death, and assist an enemy is high treason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I guess it was never confirmed if Calia is dead or if hastings is her?
    Exactly, while Blizzard does not say anything relating to Calia, she may be alive and waiting to come into action (which is the more interesting possibility).

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Maybe because no one gives a fuck about it? They tried to strip him of his powers and failed. Just for make you guess how much "right" was his exile. Then, if we consider that: 1)the council of people that exiled him are all dead by now and 2) Hearthglen was his land before, a land that he rightfully obtained as a "prize" for his essential role in the Second War, there are little reasons for hilariously see Tirion as an "usurper".

You're avoiding the point though.
    They used plague bombs on cured land. They have blight spreaders in their base at andorhal. You only have to look at Southshore which cleanly demonstrates their strategy for expanding, they plague a place and move in when it's safe. That's exactly what they're doing in the WPL as the quest demonstrates.
    But you're understanding from WHAT the Cenarion Circle and the Argent Crusade are cleansing the fucking Plaguelands? They're cleansing it by the Scourge's taint, by a Plague that widespreaded on the entire Lordaeron by the times of the Third War, a Plague refreshed and maintained to its fullest potential in the Plaguelands by the Cult of the Damned, and their only goal was to keep the land like it was before the Cenarion Circle and the Crusade came. The very ecosystem of Lordaeron was tainted, the nature corrupted, the wildlife infected, was all a fucking mess. THIS is for what the Cenarion Circle is focusing its efforts.

The Blight doesn't disease a cured land, it's just a weapon of mass destruction, and when its effects dissapear, the land is still cured, because has not been infected by a disease spreading like a virus. The Blight is NOT a goddamn disease and don't spread like such. It's just a destructive weapon, not an infecting device.

Atm they're not hosing the whole countryside simply because they don't want to provoke the Argents, hence why so far it was only used on cured land the Alliance were using. Why the argents stand and watch is a mystery when the Forsaken are directly undoing their work.
    Mostly because of your lack of understanding, surely not for the Argent Crusaders be imbeciles. The Forsaken don't care about it, they just wanted to win a battle, and the Blight is nothing but a weapon for them, like the Val'kyr. It is not intended to infect nothing, nor anyone care about it or said that one of their goals is remake the Plaguelands like before. You're just assuming that is one of their main goals. And it's false.

We also don't directly know how strong the plague was they used in the WPL on the fields. They used the weakened scourge blight as a reagent which means it was only part of the plague and thus not the plague itself. They simply harvested it and souped it up with their own alchemy.
    That's your problem, you guess a lot, and proving nothing. No matter which is the source, the Blight work differently in many aspects: the blight don't raise dead corpses, the blight damage undead unlike the plague, and don't act as a virus, just shows its full effects on the hit area.

The Forsaken's Blight is not the Scourge's Plague.

edit: if you meant anyway the Plague used on Alliance's crops, yeah, we can be more than sure that the disease remained focused on the Alliance's farm, since:

1) the amount of Plague gathered by the player was absolutely minimal;
    2) it wasn't used a cauldron like the Cult of the Damned ever did, but simple drums, that strongly limited its area of effect.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-08 at 09:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

While no living being remains, the Forsaken are still using Plague tanks in the area. I thus conclude their goal IS to corrupt the land.

Also,
    "the Forsaken want to eventually inhabit the areas purged via the plague, though when more powerful versions are used the land becomes uninhabitable for a cooling down period."
    Indicates they are corrupting the lands, and only the most powerful version makes it temporarily uninhabitable for the Forsaken, permanently for living beings.

"Deathstalker Commander Belmont and a number of Blightspreaders assault Shadowfang Keep. As the Forsaken fight inwards, they spray down most areas with another strain of blight"
    Suggests the enemies are already dead but they keep "blighting" the area and that the Forsaken are immune to that version of the blight.