Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdie View Post
    Sorry if this has been said, but i couldn't read 14 pages of it. I like the way the quest has been done, aside from the 6kVP being dropped to 3k right as i hit week 6. lol. But i am not happy that its only a cloak.
    I am in the same boat, the quest was nice but I felt it should have been a weapon..

It's fine to me but what I hated about it:

People that only do LFR have a chance of getting the ilvl 600 Cloak before HC raiders due to the stupid RNG with the runestones and the runestones having a stupid drop rate.

They took way too long to increase Lei Shen's runestone drop rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    How about the fact you can complete the whole thing in LFR? You don't even have to be in a raiding guild or do anything hard to get a legendary current content.
    I think there is a bit of a massive over reaction by people in this thread (zomg... we are on MMO-C why should I be surprised?).

I like the fact its been a quest we have worked on for the whole expansion.

I like the reward (a legendary weapon would of been to much imo).

I really hope they do this in expansion 5 again.

I should also point out though, that I would not mind them doing class specific weapon quests that only work on Normal and Heroic (faster on Heroic) AS WELL as the cloak expansion quest.

But if I had to choose one or the other I would defo choose what they did in MoP.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-07-08 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Speeling/Grammer

As a person that play a Draenei as a main, I just pray to god it works when hidden. That's the only real issue I have with it.

I am fine with it. Doesn't matter to me if others have it from just LFR.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    never cared for legendaries tbh,. all that effort for a month or two of epeenness that's quickly forgotten ;p

I am sad because cloaks look absolutely awful on all female Draenei, and I hide them all.

Once again no love for the Draenei, but I guess I'm kind of used to it by now

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm ok with it? I mean, change is good and I liked how every class can get it (although I'd remove it from LFR), but it's hard for me to get excited about a cloak, even with the cool datamined effects. As a male troll EVERY cloak looks ridiculous on my char so I never have them on display. I don't mind that it's not a weapon this time around, but I'd be much happier with a helm or shoulders.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh i dont mind it. This would be my first real legendary. I put in the work and Ill reap the rewards. If I remember right all the other legendaries required work so its not out of the ordinary. If I remember right didnt blizzard say they wanted to change it up so a cloak with a cool proc is okay. Im waiting on the legendary agi staff or polearm for my kitty. *cat fingers crossed*
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Best Legendary so far, the quest stretched over the whole expansion and was just overall the enjoyable.

People like legendaries for the orange text.

Maybe we can get a legendary bracer next, That would be almost as awesome!

I liked how every class can get it (although I'd remove it from LFR)
    I'd like it explained in terms that don't boil down to "LFR is for noobs and noobs don't deserve legendaries (basic elitist attitude towards LFR)" why people feel it's necessary to remove the legendary from LFR. It hurts no one (someone else having one doesn't hurt your gaming experience in any way), it benefits everyone (having someone in the raid with a legendary makes it easier for you to complete the content) and people are still crying about it.....

I'm fine with it being a cloak, not so fine with everyone and their grandma's alts getting it and still calling it a "legendary",

The extreme randomness of drops from one person to the next has been annoying to say the least (a friend of mine that missed several weeks of runestones and secrets is done already, and I still have 4 runestones to go while only missing maybe one week). "Check back in with me after collecting 30 mogu spleens, for a bit of useless conversation" doesn't feel quite as interesting as Cata's legendary storylines. So far it's just felt like a never-ending tease, and discourages me from playing my alts seriously.

At least I guess I can consider myself lucky that on my main, the legendary cloak 1) will match my current transmog, and 2) will be displayed anyway, as cloaks don't clip too badly on my character model.

I feel bad for other race/gender combos that suffer horrible cloak clipping - the male worgen's hunchback and the female draenei's backwards-pointing shoulders come to mind. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowspace View Post
    I feel bad for other race/gender combos that suffer horrible cloak clipping - the male worgen's hunchback and the female draenei's backwards-pointing shoulders come to mind. :/
    haha and us Forsaken with our spines showing through our legendary
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    There is nothing legendary about that.
    Oh but RNG Drops feel so more "legendary" or get 1000xshit from FL/DS by running the Inis for month feels legendary?....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    Am I the only one who isn't disappointed in the new legendaries?
    Nope Im too!
    Is the problem really that everyone that tries can get one? It's not hard, no, you can do it by going LFR, but it still takes a long time to do, I've been at it since I dinged 90, and I'm not even done collecting Titan Runestones yet.
    There was some hard things in it, sure, the scenario with the thunderforge was quite challenging, doesn't completing that show that you have at least a grain of skill? It does to me.
    Then youll gonna love the wall aka Challenge
    If you don't like the legendary because it's "easy to get", then I must ask you why?
    Its not easy to get...with HC perhaps easy....
    I don't mind exclusive content, and I love the idea that only players with the legendary can kill the new world boss, but why shouldn't everybody have a chance to do that?
    Why shouldnt my alt being able to do the new world boss while I have the cloak only on my main? this is very alt-unfriendly...

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    they made them too accessible, my only issue is they dont feel too legendary.
    Do the chain with lfr gear max and come again about "too accessible"....

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    His argument is that EVERYONE GETS A LEGENDARY. They used to mean something in TBC and Classic while now they are the equivalent of the head enchants of TBC and Classic.
    Legendary doesnt meant jack ever for longer then till next patch... oh and please show us the proove for EVERYONE getting the cloak....

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    I don't get why it's underwhelming. It's a legendary. There's no rule saying that it always has to be a weapon, that was getting boring anyway. And the cloak is a very visual piece of our gear, so it's an understandable choice, since we want legendaries to look legendary.
    Cloak is one of the few items you can hide on a character, that doesn't exactly scream "core visual piece of gear" to me. I'm overwhelmed honestly. Not only is it a cloak, but it's obtainable by everyone for very little effort. I guess the meaning of legendary is going the way of epic.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, would have preferred a weapon but hey this questline gives us a legendary meta, and extra gem slot, and a legendary cloak all with the bonus of not having to hope your guild chooses you to be the only one to get it. Much better than the old style legendary questlines in that respect. Still wish there was more to the quests than mostly RNG raid items though, LOVED the rogue questline with the assassination quests n stuff, really brought out the flavour of the class in those. Overall I am happy with a cloak.

Legendary as legendary. Doesn't have to be weapon (I can see why many wanted it to be a weapon though - weapon makes or breaks char). It will be replaced by greens/blues of next expansion.

Imo, item system could be made more interesting. Instead of adding various labels 9heroic, thunderforged, raid finder, flex, etc.), they could make unique names, implement more elaborated system, in example, adding legendary (orange), miraculous (tin, artifact (red), etc. tiers.
    I think legendaries should be a heroic only venture and have for the longest time but apparently devs don't feel that way.
    It's primitive and boring. If anything, heroic raiders get much less use of legendaries than anyone else, what would they use it for - farming heroic modes? They already have access to best gear, which, according to their logic, shouldn't be really like this as you can finish heroic modes without farming them, but that's another story.
    Why shouldnt my alt being able to do the new world boss while I have the cloak only on my main? this is very alt-unfriendly...
    Boss is another story too. Things like Oondasta and Nalak are possible only on first day of lockout. With cloak-only boss it will be much worse, but can it really be worse?:/