Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    My guild just ignorered P2 mechanics 100% just healed through the raid damage (which doesn't change by ignoring balls afaik) and just relied on our dpsers to outdps the hp gain from the red balls (which wasn't hard)

I like PToR more than spark because you're a lot more likely to have one or more stacks of the trinket when needed. Adds on lei Shen? 1-3 stacks most of the time. Balls on Ra Den? 1-3 stacks, spark (for me anyways) seems to proc when you don't want it, before transition on lei shen etcetera.
    PToR gives a higher dps throughout the fights in my experience while spark if timed with cds well can give higher cd burst, unless you're lucky and get 5stscks on cds, which happens!
    PToR is just all around better in general. go for it

Sources come from Myself, Solsacra, and Neldarie 3 of the highest parsing rets in the entire game.

Also a side note Huntingbear you seem a little too stressed. The raiding meta game starting to "break" you already?
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-09 at 01:11 AM.

Nah, I just get annoyed quickly. Dancing through farm, then going PTR alone trying to figure out some numbers, change them and repeat shit to see changes, it's fun but I've had a couple long days on PTR and live trying to prepare different "strategies" for the next tier (with and without broken trinket). Since it's PTR there's no point laying out 600 pages of rather unimportant numbers because they'll change before live. Trying to get a bit a head for next tier because of holidays and such + I wanna take another step up.
    Guess I'll PM people who want numbers and such when next PTR build comes with changes.

I like seeing other rets (and non-rets) contributing, regardless if they're wrong or off (as I am at times) they help the community grow. We all like them big, no?

ps. Going to blizzcon this year, from Norway, so if anyone else is attending let me know
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-07-09 at 02:37 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Nah, I just get annoyed quickly. Dancing through farm, then going PTR alone trying to figure out some numbers, change them and repeat shit to see changes, it's fun but I've had a couple long days on PTR and live trying to prepare different "strategies" for the next tier (with and without broken trinket). Since it's PTR there's no point laying out 600 pages of rather unimportant numbers because they'll change before live. Trying to get a bit a head for next tier because of holidays and such + I wanna take another step up.
    Guess I'll PM people who want numbers and such when next PTR build comes with changes.
    I don't even PTR and I still obtain all the relevant information I need through alternative sources. With just a mechanics outline / gear itemization I can usually determine dps range.

This thread and Real ID rets are the testing ground for bouncing my theories around. Helps me stay sane.

Maybe some people view me as an enigma for how I do things. Doesn't bother me the slightest.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-09 at 02:40 AM.

I picked up a TF Gaze of the Twins via extra roll. I'm currently using 530 Spark and Heroic Feather for my ret OS. Worth using the Gaze or should I vendor it and make my warrior mad?

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I picked up a TF Gaze of the Twins via extra roll. I'm currently using 530 Spark and Heroic Feather for my ret OS. Worth using the Gaze or should I vendor it and make my warrior mad?
    Warrior mad

Deleted
    GotT is a horrible trinket for ret. bad stat and doesn't stack enough.

Also, some unfortunate luck on my secrets. finished the week this weekend with 19/20 secrets... at least wednesday i can try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    GotT is a horrible trinket for ret. bad stat and doesn't stack enough.

Also, some unfortunate luck on my secrets. finished the week this weekend with 19/20 secrets... at least wednesday i can try again.
    Make sure you try and get your secret outta the first 6 (DO NOT go straight for Lei Shen) so that you can still have the last 6 bosses for Runestones.

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...ras/Jeanjacket

Anyone have any idea why wowprogress is saying my simdps is so low? I understand gaze is a bad trinket for ret but 85k doesnt seem right...

Quote Originally Posted by JeanJacket View Post
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character...ras/Jeanjacket

Anyone have any idea why wowprogress is saying my simdps is so low? I understand gaze is a bad trinket for ret but 85k doesnt seem right...
    Probably simmed you when you were in PvP gear or something. Doesn't update when you force update it.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    seems like there is a new update for our glyphs, Glyph of the battle healer now transfers the heal from Seal of Insight to the lowest health raid member instead of the paladin.
    I guess they don't want ret or prot to use the glyph i suppose, considering its just a all round worse for both unless the heal number from insight shoots up somewhat. Oh well, i would have preferred if they had just made the glyph work on all damage and be ret only though. but i guess that's not where they wanted to go with it. we shall see though if they change it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    seems like there is a new update for our glyphs, Glyph of the battle healer now transfers the heal from Seal of Insight to the lowest health raid member instead of the paladin.
    I guess they don't want ret or prot to use the glyph i suppose, considering its just a all round worse for both unless the heal number from insight shoots up somewhat. Oh well, i would have preferred if they had just made the glyph work on all damage and be ret only though. but i guess that's not where they wanted to go with it. we shall see though if they change it again.
    I'm pretty sure no ret paladin has used that glyph. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    Wow I thought it just produced a single heal not transfered SoI with this version. What a fucking garbage glyph I feel bad for our prot paladin now.

- - - Updated - - -

also... Do killing adds on boss fights "roll" the new inquisition glyph? anyone tried?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    also... Do killing adds on boss fights "roll" the new inquisition glyph? anyone tried?
    I Hope so.

Wow I thought it just produced a single heal not transfered SoI with this version. What a fucking garbage glyph I feel bad for our prot paladin now.

- - - Updated - - -

I would assume so, considering they give victory rush procs

- - - Updated - - -

They should. It goes up to 3 minutes btw. That's only if you get the killing blow, though.

I just got the heroic TF ring from the hydra but cant make use of the hit on it because of the council sword and feather. Is it better to stick with the valor ring?

Yes DWguild, you will get more dps out of valor ring than HTF Magera ring if the hit is entirely wasted.

The crit + free FoL procs from Ball Lightning adds on Lei Shen so yes the new inq glyph will work. Only if you get last hit though which isn't common in 25.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    The crit + free FoL procs from Ball Lightning adds on Lei Shen so yes the new inq glyph will work. Only if you get last hit though which isn't common in 25.
    even if you get few last hits, Inq will still last a long time if it procs. it can divert some holy power from inq to TV.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's sum up the issues with the 4P T16, shall we? I don't want to compare it to the current 4P, because that's just too OP.

1) AoE skill in single target rotation.
    2) needs an extra button press.
    3) no room in rotation for extra button presses, so takes the spot of a builder.
    4) does not build HP, so costs 1/3 of a TV in opportunity cost.
    5) only procs 4 times per minute with optimal conditions on average.

I think this are the biggest issues with the 4P. I am certain Anaxie can add some to it.

Deleted
    4set feels total crap , its too RNG and it fucking expires, if it procs during AW or when you have aow procs and just cant spare a gcd for it its a wasted proc , even in an aoe situation you need favorable rng to get a good benefit from it.... .