Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Just posted this on my football forum, lets just say the response were incredulity/laughter at just how bad it is.
    If I really wanted to belittle a sport's complexity I'd make a remark about the average IQ of pro-soccer players(and any other "real" sport). I didn't do this for a very simple reason, I don't mean to insult people.

The reason I talk about diving and the italian defense is because one clearly shows the tactical mind of the player and the other shows the tactical form of a team. I could've made a lengthy post talking about positioning and what not but not everyone is into soccer so explaining it all is rather hard in comparison to a simplification. Another example would've been running in at the right time to put another player off-side but then you have to explain off-side to people who have 0 knowledge of soccer.

IMO the main reason people responded poorly is because I use the term "soccer" instead of the common (European) name of "football". To clarify: I do this so that our American readers know I'm not talking about American Football.

If I post that pong is a simple game in the pong forums I'm pretty sure the response will be laughter too...

10+ Year Old Account
    bad alternative at the end, really bad. Amway shits getting derailed, ill leave it as a it is. in response to shout casting I rarely enjoy or have any interest in what most commentators say, it's all a bit ott to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like how when i post off topic on a thread i get infracted or warned but everyone else gets away with it..

Yeah no. Stop anytime now, thanks.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Something you achievement chasers have been waiting for...
    "
    Account Achievement Reward System

Put your account achievement points to good use! From now on, you’ll be able to unlock rewards like exclusive new armor skins, weapon skins, and permanent account bonuses as you earn achievement points on your account. You’ll also earn laurels, gems, gold, powerful items, and PvP and WvW rewards as your achievement score grows. These rewards will be retroactively awarded for any tiers of account achievement rewards you’ve already earned on your account."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga.../july-09-2013/

Deleted
    It's on sale at the moment at www.greenmangaming.com. Picked it up for 27 euro's

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    hey guys i need help, i am looking for a client mirror for a friend who lost their GW2 info, there is no CS over the weekend, but he want to get the game patched beforehand so that he can just jump right in. appreciate it.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Jormag, unculled!

Valar morghulis

Dear lord. Is that from just some crazy juiced rig?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Dear lord. Is that from just some crazy juiced rig?
    No - they have fixed culling at Claw of Jormag!!

Zillions of players, chat is flying with jokes and laughs and callouts for damage and it was amaaaaaazing!
    I gained a new found respect for ANET on how difficult it must be to scale these large world events.

Pics – in front of me, behind me and you can’t see all the ones to the side of me haha.

Valar morghulis

Yeah I noticed no more culling for Jormag just a little while ago. Never fully realized how many people did that event until today. I saw at least 3x the amount of players than I would have with culling.

Was there any game effecting difference in not having culling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No, no difference at all except now its even harder to know what is going on (well it's not hard, nothing really goes on)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if my machine will die at that unculled fights... have to check it out.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account
    Suprisingly no. There was the normal amount of Jorlag - I had a couple moments when I had to try a few times to get a heal off or switch attunements but nothing like the lag at Stonemist Castle when 3 servers worth of people are trying to control one square inch of the map.

Looks like it's confirmed on all US servers, have no idea about EU servers though. Just the one map so far.
    Valar morghulis

hmm, I kind actually prefer the culling, at least for all of the friendlies.

Really the big issue of pve culling was the enemies anyway, especially in a place like Orr where you could die before the mobs would even materialize

well you can't interact with someone effectively you can't see. In zergs my defensive Ele aoe-skills are quite effective, giving frostarmor, aoe healing, aoe swiftness, aoe might,...

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Suprisingly no. There was the normal amount of Jorlag - I had a couple moments when I had to try a few times to get a heal off or switch attunements but nothing like the lag at Stonemist Castle when 3 servers worth of people are trying to control one square inch of the map.
    Hm. That's pretty cool then.

I think the engine is pretty smooth/responsive normally. I have never had any serious issues [in game bugs notwithstanding] with the actual performance of the game. Even during the supposedly lag-filled Karka event thing.

Not badly optimized.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    well you can't interact with someone effectively you can't see. In zergs my defensive Ele aoe-skills are quite effective, giving frostarmor, aoe healing, aoe swiftness, aoe might,...
    I meant more of what Karizee is talking about. Like impacting performance and such.

The new PvP map is shit, as expected. They really need to stop making tiny maps and "make up" for it with vertical lay-out it's boring as hell...

Deleted
    I have to agree re:battlegrounds.
    Me & five mates bought gw2 purely for the hyped battl...I mean spvp (hot joins, there is zero structured anything ;p)
    They are minuscule rats mazes, which whilst these might (at a push, barely though) be okay for 5v5 tournaments, for an 8v8 the maps should be larger.
    They can`t use excuses like some classes aren`t as fast as others, because all have access to speed, portals, IA etc etc...
    The new one I`ve seen is great for mesmers, Engies & at a push some with stomp /meh!

Oh, btw, of the six of us pvp nuts that bought this, I`m the only one that stuck with it, until Wild Star is out that is ;p

WORLD PVP!!!! 8D