Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What do you miss in Pandaria that other expansions have?

So really simple, what do you miss in Pandaria?

I miss 2 things.

1. I miss that we use a boat or zepplin to go to a zone, seriously a portal is of the lamest things to start off a expansion, i'm so sad it's still a portal. They can easily make a boat going to pandaria.
    2. An Arena, There has always been an Arena where you could fight hard bosses with 5 people, i missed that in Pandaria.

What do you miss?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

You mean like Arena of Annihilation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierro View Post
    You mean like Arena of Annihilation?
    Ring of blood in Nagrand
    Amphitheater of Anguish in Zul'Drak
    Crucible of Carnage in twilight highlands

Story leading up to a mega villain. No matter what Bliz writes, I cannot convince myself that Garrosh and his SS Troopers are more of a threat to Azeroth than the Burning Legion or the Lich King.
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

A good story.

And an expansion launch event.

There's an arena scenario called Arena of Annihilation that is the exact same thing, but in scenario form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    There's an arena scenario called Arena of Annihilation that is the exact same thing, but in scenario form.
    Not the same thing.

I honestly feel like Blizzard Peaked in terms of everything with BC and Wrath.

Storyline, Questing, Quest flow, Zone feel, Raiding, PVP, everything felt great during Wrath and for the most part BC but Cataclysm was just horrendous.

Mists feels better, but Garrosh with his intentions just feels like they pulled the villian card out of their ass and decided to get enough subs back they would let the horde and the alliance do what they've wanted since Wrath : Kick the little upstart orcs ass into the ground and shove their 2 handed broadsword up his pooper.

Honestly, if it wasnt for the fact I get to kill Garrosh this expansion, i'd have waited til the next expac XD

I'm not saying Peaking as in they will never release good stuff again, I admit, Mists is ALOT of fun, however, I feel like BC and Wrath was Blizzards Final Fantasy 7 and Xenogears....you can keep releasing sequels Square-Enix, but you will never be able to top yourselves in terms of quality and epic story as those games.
    Last edited by AlisonPrime; 2013-07-09 at 05:06 PM.

1. Variety and interesting (Cata length/difficulty with WotLK, TBC variety) 5mans.

2. The ability to chain 5mans as a catch-up mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Not the same thing.
    Exactly, scenarios are good but not when they are replacing things. Those group quests were fine being outside in the world. They made the launch event a scenario, what is next they are going to take fishing out and make it a scenario lol.

5 mans, and Cata style justice points gear.

So really simple, what do you miss in Pandaria?

I miss 2 things.

1. I miss that we use a boat or zepplin to go to a zone, seriously a portal is of the lamest things to start off a expansion, i'm so sad it's still a portal. They can easily make a boat going to pandaria.
    2. An Arena, There has always been an Arena where you could fight hard bosses with 5 people, i missed that in Pandaria.

What do you miss?
    You mean like the airship that you take to pandaria?

I don't think there's anything I miss especially. Pandaria's done a pretty good job across the board of catering to pretty much everything I want out of an expansion, from fantastic new zones to a wonderful new race (and class!), accessible and diverse content across the board, and a much more competent and low-key story than we're used to.

Although, I do miss heroic dungeons being worth doing. Thankfully that'll be remedied a bit next patch, at least for alts. I also miss having valour/justice/PvP vendors in accessible places. Afking on that flight path to Townlong sure is compelling gameplay.

Not the same thing.
    I honestly think they originally intended an arena in Kun Lai Summit where the Hozen are but then suddenly realized the Hozen would be horde faction based and scrapped it and put it into a neat little Scenerio.

They coulda had it like Nagrand with all the ogres about and just had the arena have neutral NPCs about.

You know what sucks? Sitting on a dock and waiting for a boat to show up.

Not the same thing.
    Well it finds a group for you and it's not in the open world.. But the concept its the same.. It's an arena and you get a weapon as the award...

And I am pretty sure I jumped off an airship when I first arrived, so that was my introduction to the zone.. I didn't portal until I made it to the vale...

Accessible raiding that still felt like you were accomplishing something without just "Sorry but you need to do it on the higher difficulty for it to count to everyone else" and without being a crapshoot with 24 other random people (LFR) or soon to be a "You aren't good enough to do the real thing, so here's an easier version for you, hope that's good enough" version (i.e. Flex)

after bunches of MMO-C whining I'm seriously the first guy to bring up "rep tabards" in the discussion?

I miss the 5 man grind. I know I'm crazy but to me a huge part of cata was being able to grind dungeons. Not there doesn't seem to be any point to heroic 5 mans. I miss being able to quickly gear up an alt to catch in later tiers.

I liked the rep grind in cata. Tabards ftw. My main simply logs on to raid and farm. Seems kinda lame. I will say it kinda pushed me to do more pvp this expansion that I ever have. Almost full tyrannical on an alt which I've never had before.

1) Old style questing, don't like the linear 'you must do this in order 1 2 3' style and being led on the nose

2) Removal of 'old content', seriously could have just made a toggle or something so we can all experience the new and old without forcing everydown down 1 path