Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    "(make sure you have your pet on passive and have /petattack bound to your arcane shot"

- Yeah... No don't do that. DPS loss when targeting swapping due to pet traveltime.

On-Topic: Hunters, no doubt about it.

P.S: Personally I haven't felt that I've done terrible dps due to my class, I got a feeling some of you use it as an excuse. I find myself in the middle on most bossfights, only lower on the dmg meters due to hunters getting most of the click-this mechanics. (Turtles, Orbs, Rings etc).
    Blink Strikes?...

If your pet has to sit on a boss for some reason (such as on that Gunship fight in Dragon Soul) then yeah, you wouldn't use that. You would, however, keep your pet on passive. And if you're BM and your pet can be on your target but isn't, it will die exponentially slower.

I'd assume he'd figure out how to micromanage pets by the time he hits 90, though. :P Overall, having /petattack bound to a common attack is pretty good advice and makes micromanagement easier.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Probably hunter and ele shamans, though target switching for ele shamans kill your dps because of the need to waste a gcd on putting up flameshock.
    Target switching for elemental is completely killer.

Two other massive hinderances:
    - No immunity (Lei Shen, Will of Emperor, Ultraxion etc.)
    - Soft caps on stats in heroic gear (ie. no benefit on Primordius, sinestra, alysrazor, Sha P1)

In my opinion, warlocks are the answer to this question. I've never felt that they have trouble dealing with any sort of mechanic since they have a tool to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    How about Shadow priests?
    One of the worst at doing what the OP asks for. Low movement DPS, low burst/high ramp up time on adds.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter, absolutely.

If you are looking for specs that can bypass specific mechanics than of course you have mages, rogues, spriests, et cetera. But as far as being able to dps on the move at any range, with no particular target switching penalty, et cetera, there's really only one class that does that.

Surv hunter, not saying BM because if there's a target swap to the other side of the room, a BM hunter loses much more dmg on that new mob waiting for their pet to get than than a Surv hunter would. That being said, surv can even just leave their pet on the other mob assuming its still there and not really lose as much dps as a BM would... Unless it has dash and blinkstrikes up I guess. don't remember how long the range is on BS anyway.

After that... probably a rogue. Shadowstep + sprint gives them pretty good mobility in a raid setting. Feint wall and Cloak allows them to more or less "ignore" certain mechanics that would force other melee away from the boss (ex: rockfall on tortos, might fall in a way forcing other melee to run away, but you can just cloak and stand in them as a rogue afaik.)
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-07-08 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    How about Shadow priests?
    Yeah, definitely. Our version of CoS/Bubble/Deterrence is so strong that it even silences us for 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Probably hunter and ele shamans, though target switching for ele shamans kill your dps because of the need to waste a gcd on putting up flameshock.
    Could say the same about serpent sting or black arrow for hunters though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Hunters do good dps. We're just not top dps.
    Or mid dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Or mid dps.
    Mid, as in average which is probably what they are going for for everyone. So we are where we are meant to be! Hunters aren't bad by any stretch of the imagination. Our damage is solid, easily switched and highly mobile.

Deleted
    hunter ofcourse.. 40 yard melee

Deleted
    probably warlock

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    - Can't get silenced
    - Disengage to avoid or move long distances
    - A method of reset threat on a very short cooldown

Hunters are having it good right now.
    All true, but hunters can't do the one thing you actually expect from a DPS class - hurt things a lot. Our damage is middle-of-the-pack. And while our mobility is very good, our raid utility is next to nothing. And come 5.4, we're getting a nerf to our already supbar utility and a nerf to our already average damage. Any of the other pure DPS classes (rogue, mage, warlock) or a dps warrior are likely better options.

Deleted
    Hunters: Ranged, mobile DPS, Deterrence to bypass mechanics such as Ionization, threat reset, Disengage allows you to quickly avoid certain mechanics like a Lightning Wip, or a Horridon Charge, etc., while minimizing time spent moving.

With regards to Melee, it's Rogues.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-07-09 at 05:49 PM.

hunter. my one cast time ability isnt even interrupted when i have to move or get knocked up/back

its ridiculous, really.

hunters
    warlocks (at least in this patch)
    melee

but whatever you do dont pick shadowpriest. The only spells really castable on the move (without speccing into proc based instants) are SW:Pain, SWeath, and Halo/Divine Star/the other 90 talent

Deleted
    I suppose Moonkins are the complete opposite of Hunters in this regard?

Quote Originally Posted by chopp View Post
    MW monk, the only healer that counts as melee for raid mechanics /jelly
    I do enjoy this very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    I suppose Moonkins are the complete opposite of Hunters in this regard?
    Moonkins and Arcane Mages. Arcane maybe even more so, because if you move, you have to spend another GCD to put down RoP again before you can continue DPS.

Hunters and Warlocks.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    hunter. my one cast time ability isnt even interrupted when i have to move or get knocked up/back

its ridiculous, really.
    I know it's ridiculous to have one unique aspect about a pure DPS class with minimal playstyle difference across all specs that isn't even close to the other DPS pures in terms of damage output while also lacking any sort of unique raid CD whatsoever

God forbid Hunters have anything.

Hunters and warlocks.

This xpac they've tried to toss mechanics at the ranged that can effect their DPS like the mechanics that melee have always needed to deal with. Hunters and warlocks are usually able to continue DPS or switch targets to burst while dealing with those mechanics.