Macro to instadrop PW:Barrier and Feathers. Does it exist?

As the title says, I'm wondering if a macro for instantly dropping barrier (or feathers, Druid shrooms, etc.) at your mouseover point exists (like smartcasting in League of Legends essentially). I'd really like to remove the two step process of dropping a Barrier in particular. With some lag, sometimes it takes a bit longer than I'd like hope to actually drop my barrier, or sometimes I'll click it to drop it but it didn't happen, requiring that I do some spamming to drop it. I rarely ever pick up the Angelic Feathers talent due to what I feel is an inconvenience.

So if a macro exists, it'd be amazing if it could be shared. If not, throw me a pity party please Thanks!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only way to do this would be with a software macro. The game does not allow you to execute a scripted left click without a frame as the target.

Deleted
    With razer synapse 2.0 you can assign some key to be a macro that actually clicks twice, just as fast. That's the fastest solution I can make up.
    The program itself can be downloaded from the official razer website, is free and works at least with razer products. I guess most of us have a naga anyways.
    Last edited by mmoc4f26fd59c0; 2013-07-09 at 09:27 PM.

It's in the macro section with macro to heal the lowest target.

Quote Originally Posted by Taberman View Post
    With razer synapse 2.0 you can assign some key to be a macro that actually clicks twice, just as fast. That's the fastest solution I can make up.
    The program itself can be downloaded from the official razer website, is free and works at least with razer products. I guess most of us have a naga anyways.
    External macros which execute more than 1 command per button use are against the rules.

Don't think there's any good way to do this. Gonna have to click it twice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    External macros which execute more than 1 command per button use are against the rules.
    They can't possibly know what you're doing.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Tell that to all the people who used G-15 macros to spam-prospect ore and got banned for it.

While Blizzard is not legally allowed to monitor anything that happens outside of its memory space, using macros from your keyboard/mouse/gamepad that function INSIDE THE GAME can and are detected. I have no idea what the requirements are for it to get you banned, but I would highly recommend staying away from such things if you value your account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Tell that to all the people who used G-15 macros to spam-prospect ore and got banned for it.

While Blizzard is not legally allowed to monitor anything that happens outside of its memory space, using macros from your keyboard/mouse/gamepad that function INSIDE THE GAME can and are detected. I have no idea what the requirements are for it to get you banned, but I would highly recommend staying away from such things if you value your account.
    I always find that funny, i had a g-15, i used that macro... i never got banned, and i prospected over 15k ore during that period for flipping.

I still use many macroes which execute multiple fuctions using my naga and steelseries merc with custom key setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Taberman View Post
    ^ What he said.

The way Blizzard "detects" macros is by looking at actions that are repetitively done with the exact same time period in between clicks or key presses. As long as you're not "botting" long strings of actions, I seriously doubt Blizz even cares. In this particular example, yeah it would be detectable that your hotkey press for the feather is followed by the mouse click in the exact same time period each time.

But it's something that should've been a default part of the UI for years now--every other type of spell in the game can be macroed to be cast on mouseover from within the default UI, except ground-targeted ones? Yeah, that makes sense. It's just that Blizz is too lazy to rework the code for it. But yeah, seeing as how the only thing you're macroing in this case is the exact same thing as any mouseover macro (you still are pressing one button for one spellcast, and you still have to "aim" the effect), there should be no issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Yes, yes they can, very easily. They can see your keypress, and they can see that when you press that key, two actions occur at the same interval every single time. Very obvious that an external macro is being used.

Yes, you can do this with synapse, though I would not recommend... It is technically against the rules and it is detectable. It's unlikely they would care (not like this action is being repeated very often, well, for feathers maybe...), but it is a risk always. Best I could say it have two keys next to each other one that is Barrier/Feather and the other that is remapped to left click and just roll your fingers over it quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Yes, yes they can, very easily. They can see your keypress, and they can see that when you press that key, two actions occur at the same interval every single time. Very obvious that an external macro is being used.

Yes, you can do this with synapse, though I would not recommend... It is technically against the rules and it is detectable. It's unlikely they would care (not like this action is being repeated very often, well, for feathers maybe...), but it is a risk always. Best I could say it have two keys next to each other one that is Barrier/Feather and the other that is remapped to left click and just roll your fingers over it quickly.
    The way I learned to macro my G15 (and I have a Naga as well), is that the G key you press, virtually PRESSES the other keys as well.
    So say you record a macro for trade spam, you'll begin with MR - G13 - Enter/2 WTS [Mysoul]Enter - MR. Then you just press G13 and you'll automatically TYPE that message in trade.
    So not one key. I think G keys are irelevant even, since they're not in any standard keyset.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2013-07-11 at 07:54 AM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.