Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Not to mention his strategy was totally fucking sound, and he even flat out admits he was betting on Garrosh to win until the Rebellion happened? If you wanted to cry about somebody, cry about your Green Jesus.
    Haha, nah, his strategy was as clueless as any of Garrosh's plans. He failed to realize the horde would not side under Varian's banner, and the alliance would not accept the horde into its fold. They are horde and alliance, and wrathion failed to understand that, even when the lessons of pandaria where there to teach him that.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Haha, nah, his strategy was as clueless as any of Garrosh's plans. He failed to realize the horde would not side under Varian's banner, and the alliance would not accept the horde into its fold. They are horde and alliance, and wrathion failed to understand that, even when the lessons of pandaria where there to teach him that.
    He wasn't expecting the Horde to join the Alliance.

He was expecting the Alliance to eradicate the Horde when they were vulnerable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    I think Varian will choose Saurfang, after their touching moment in ICC, he obviously has respect for him...
    Varian is not choosing anyone to be the hordes leader. Stop assuming that. All Varian is doing is allowing the horde and its new warchief to carry on without reprisal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    He wasn't expecting the Horde to join the Alliance.

He was expecting the Alliance to eradicate the Horde when they were vulnerable.
    listen to his sound files again. He expected the horde races to concede and join the alliance under its banner.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    -Undead raising dead alliance troops to strengthen the horde we're helping
    No context and cannot be proven so don't assume.

-Vol'jin's army failing their part of the deal
    Which shows the dominance and the strength of the Alliance faction so yeah thanks for proving my point.

Thrall and Vol'jin willing to forgive Garrosh for his crimes
    IT DOESN'T EVEN SAY THAT. QUIT ASSUMING THINGS.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Do you...really...like just not understand what he was saying?

The Horde has been fractured, the Alliance could easily smash what was ever at Orgrimmar and then take the other places. Wrathion isn't talking about making the Horde be an Alliance member. He's talking about the Alliance crushing them under their heel like they most likely would have and then having them under control and not busy fighting against them when the Legion arrives.

I'm sorry your bias doesn't allow you to see this, but his plan makes absolute fucking sense.

listen to his sound files again. He expected the horde races to concede and join the alliance under its banner.
    No, he doesn't. He is saying they would submit to the Alliance because they are so much stronger.

Again, maybe take off the bias glasses.

But I know its futile with somebody like yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    But wrathion didn't understand this, and just choose sides based on current events and who he thought would win, so, he didn't learn anything of value.
    Those who by now have done the epic cloak quest will fully agree with you, the answers he gives to the Celestials' questions shows his character. One of the Celestials even says "you're a black dragon indeed", iirc.

"The whole world was his! He needed only seize it! Oh sure, another year of fighting.. enormous casualties trying to take Thunder Bluff.. but the rest of the Horde would have caved eventually!"

How does this imply they were going to join the Alliance? It sounds more like the Alliance would have wiped the Horde out and taken Thunder Bluff with massive losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    Those who by now have done the epic cloak quest will fully agree with you, the answers he gives to the Celestials' questions shows his character. One of the Celestials even says "you're a black dragon indeed", iirc.
    That's kind of the point of that quest chain. To show that even afterwards (His monologue at the Veiled Stair following your victory) that he took nothing the Celestials said to heart.

People acting like his decisions behind the scenes are surprising just haven't been following the lore.

"The whole world was his! He needed only seize it! Oh sure, another year of fighting.. enormous casualties trying to take Thunder Bluff.. but the rest of the Horde would have caved eventually!"

How does this imply they were going to join the Alliance? It sounds more like the Alliance would have wiped the Horde out and taken Thunder Bluff with massive losses.
    By 'caved' I interpreted it as 'surrender' not 'destroyed.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    I think Varian will choose Saurfang, after their touching moment in ICC, he obviously has respect for him...
    They never said Varian will chose the next Warchief. No Horde member would even let him.

By 'caved' I interpreted it as 'surrender' not 'destroyed.'
    Right, the Alliance would have them under their foot.

You know, just like back after the Second War.

10+ Year Old Account

We don't want Thunder Bluff anyway, the stench of Tauren manure in the wind is a big no-no.

Sounds like Wrathion isn't gonna be handing out any legendaries next expansion. He believes the Horde will not be able to protect Azeroth from the Legion, and he's disappointed and angry at the Alliance for not destroying the Horde.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Which shows the dominance and the strength of the Alliance faction so yeah thanks for proving my point.
    lol
    5.3 comes out, alliance players go "em why are we kissing the ass of this troll instead of doing our own thing?" and the one answer I constantly hear is how they will use the horde troops in order for them to take the brunt of casualties and how the alliance alone can't take org anyway

5.4 sound files are released, alliance takes massive casualties and pretty much has to do their shit by them self because the horde troops utterly fail to keep up the one god damn thing the whole of 5.3 horde alliance interaction was about

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the irony in how Wrathion got burnt for backing the Alliance.

*Hands Wrathion his membership card*

Welcome to the "I backed the Alliance and all I got was this lousy lore" club, son of Deathwing.
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    lol
    5.3 comes out, alliance players go "em why are we kissing the ass of this troll instead of doing our own thing?" and the one answer I constantly hear is how we will use the horde troops in order for them to take the brunt of casualties and how the alliance alone can't take org anyway

5.4 sound files are released, alliance takes massive casualties and pretty much has to do their shit by them self because the horde troops utterly fail to keep up the one god damn thing the whole of 5.3 horde alliance interaction was about
    Yeah we're able to take Orgrimmar down and the Rebellion isn't doing to well. We end up on top. You won't ever be satisfied.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    I love the irony in how Wrathion got burnt for backing the Alliance.

*Hands Wrathion his membership card*

Welcome to the "I backed the Alliance and all I got was this lousy lore" club, son of Deathwing.
    What did you expect to happen? Blizzard would let the Alliance canonically crush the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Sounds like Wrathion isn't gonna be handing out any legendaries next expansion. He believes the Horde will not be able to protect Azeroth from the Legion, and he's disappointed and angry at the Alliance for not destroying the Horde.
    He's not disappointed for that reason. He's disappointed because he doesn't think the Alliance and Horde will stop fighting long enough to deal with the Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Wrathion's event is well after the Siege, meaning that we DO get to apoint the Warchief at the end of the Raid. The aticipation is killing me. (Points to Vol'Jin)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    So Wrathion's event is well after the Siege, meaning that we DO get to apoint the Warchief at the end of the Raid.
    a) Gamon
    b) Saurfang
    c) Thrall's corpse
    d) Anduin's corpse
    e) Garrosh and Zaela's child
    f) Basic Campfire
    g) Chris Metzen himself
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything