Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

"Celestial Blessings" is the worst thing ever

Fuck this quest.

Sure, flame me, call me a nub, whatever. I've been working on the quest for the past 3 hours, and I constantly die sub 25%. I'm doing the tank one, as a 510+ prot paladin, and it's just infuriating. Whatever the ability is that does that frontal aoe never seems to actually go where the ground effects say. I can be 10 yards behind him, out of it, and still get hit. The last attempt I did was a 15% wipe. I was doing everything perfectly and got hit for 200k by that aoe and that was that. I don't have a problem with quests being hard, (Although I'm sure some of you will be all LOLOLOLEZMODEURBAD) I really enjoyed the legendary dagger questline in Cata and I felt like it made me improve as a rogue, and most of the time if I screwed up there it was frustrating but I could see that it was my fault. Here, I feel like I'm failing through really no fault of my own. I've tried adjusting my graphic settings, no dice. My ms is constantly under 100, and I'm well out of the zone before the damage lands and his cast ends.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sibut/advanced if you have any suggestions or want to make fun of me.

Just keep practicing, you'll get it eventually . There was a time putting some efforts for great rewards was a common thing.

Deleted
    I'm trying it as my warrior for the DPS one at the moment and its just as impossible, i'll keep trying but dear lord its frustrating! With me I know how to do it, I know what must be done but I simply...can't do it. My gear I-level is 517 and it feels like I just am lacking. The biggest problem I have is when the adds re-spawn, my things to kill them are on cooldown and so would my defensive nicknacks and they do a LOT of damage and as folks know Warriors really can't heal themselves well.
    Last edited by mmoc59316491c6; 2013-07-10 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Just keep practicing, you'll get it eventually . There was a time putting some efforts for great rewards was a common thing.
    Yeah, I know. =) Like I said, if I felt that it was a "practice makes perfect" situation I'd have no problem with it, it just feels really glitchy to me so I was wondering if it was just something on my end.

Tried getting a shado-pan companion from the dailies to help? Could give the boost you need

Took me an hour and a half to do the melee dps one as a windwalker, but it was fun in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Tried getting a shado-pan companion from the dailies to help? Could give the boost you need
    Yeah, I have one of the dps companions. Any idea if getting the healer one would make it easier, and/or whether the healer heals Wrathion?

10+ Year Old Account
    If by the worst thing ever, you mean it was pretty challengeing and rewarding, I agree. Took me about 5 or 6 attempts. Had fun doing it on my Enhance.

How much did you pay for a challenge mode carry? Because I refuse to believe someone that has tanked challenge modes can't do the tanking challenge which is considered by far the easiest one of the four.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsesTG View Post
    How much did you pay for a challenge mode carry? Because I refuse to believe someone that has tanked challenge modes can't do the tanking challenge which is considered by far the easiest one of the four.
    I did pay for a carry, I wanted the gear/mount. Hardly something I'm ashamed of. Wanna link me your armory so I can see how awesome you are?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    ..hang on, the Shado-pan can help us or is that only the tanking one?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    ..hang on, the Shado-pan can help us or is that only the tanking one?
    The tank one as it is located at niuzao temple (near the daily quest hub).

Just did the Ranged DPS one as a Warlock. Goes without saying that it's a little easier for us, and it wasn't much of an issue, but whenever they use that ground-cloud conical shockwave effect, it's been totally unreliable pretty much all expac. The Mogu rares that use an ability like that are totally fucked up as well. You have to give yourself plenty of breathing room beyond the graphical effect and hope for the best.

Just a mild annoyance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    The tank one as it is located at niuzao temple (near the daily quest hub).
    Bugger! Ahh well, nice to dream! Does anyone have any hints for melee DPS as a Warrior (fury 2hander never ever seen a 1h weapon drop in ToT)

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    If by the worst thing ever, you mean it was pretty challengeing and rewarding, I agree. Took me about 5 or 6 attempts. Had fun doing it on my Enhance.
    I'm at a total brick wall on my ENH - what iLevel were you at?
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    I wiped the first time because I greatly underestimated the encounter.

Deleted
    So, what's the tank challenge exactly ?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I one-shot the melee dps one today on my rogue. I just ran behind him for the cleaves, aoe'd the first set of adds and kicked his blood spell. I did around 488k dps and he died. I was hoping it'd be a bit tougher but it was still a neat quest.

I'm sure my 533 ilvl helped, and I also bought the celestial coin from the august celestial vendor, which gave me something like 2k+ agility while in the temple. Definitely pick that up if you're doing the dps one.

I'm with you OP, however in the end when you finally complete it, it is a very rewarding and satisfying feeling. I did the ranged one, with 504 item level.

It is sort of the legendary questline... not everything should be fall-over easy.

I one-shot the ranged DPS challenge... but I vastly overgear it. It's pretty standard don't stand in things though... haven't had the chance to try the tank one. Monk is ages behind in the questline.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter