Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Variety in the leveling process. Feels like you're rail-roaded throughout the entirety of the leveling process. Got three characters to 90, and after the first it felt like pulling teeth.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Durenek View Post
    Variety in the leveling process. Feels like you're rail-roaded throughout the entirety of the leveling process. Got three characters to 90, and after the first it felt like pulling teeth.

Nah, you have much more choice in Pandaria than Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sending my alts BoA stuff for crafting.

-GLARES AT THE MOTES OF HARMONY-
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Acepox View Post
    Nah, you have much more choice in Pandaria than Cataclysm.
    You do for your main at endgame, MOP is the most alt unfriendly expansion so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

It's funny to hear people praise Wrath for its buildup to a the final boss when during Wrath, all people did was complain about how lame and inept the Lich King was during his buildup.

The grass is always greener two hills back.

15+ Year Old Account
    -Good PvP. Mists really messed that up. Say what you will about Cata but it had some darn good PvP balance.

-Old school grinding. The kind where you have to slaughter hundreds, nay, THOUSANDS of mobs to rep up a faction. They need to bring that back and tie it to an optional faction (one with only cosmetic rewards). That way all the tryhards out there won't complain that they lost their jobs because they spent 4 days straight killing mobs so they could increase their ilvl by 2 points.

EDIT: upon thinking about it they did this with Wrathion's faction, but ultimately there wasn't much payoff. Repping up his faction wasn't really the major grind of his quests (getting sigils, or whatever they were called, off raid bosses was), and so it didn't feel very enjoyable.

-Optional dailies. Many dailies were actually fun before they became mandatory.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2013-07-10 at 04:15 AM.

Challenging 5 man heroics. I don't think Challenge Modes are that interesting tbh, I just want the TBC model back.

Attunement quests for raids.

Ulduar-style raiding model. No LFR-Normal-Heroic mode that can be switched in a drop-down menu. That's really boring to me.

Warcraft Lore. Pandaria is very beautiful and looks great, but it doesn't feel like Warcraft. The story is also not that interesting. I hope the next expac will return to the kinds of stories that Warcraft was founded on, and go back and focus on the characters and themes that are still available to them. It seems a shame we wasted an entire expansion on Pandas, it seems like a side step from Warcraft and it doesn't really develop the world that much.

I miss WoW... Honestly it doesn't even feel like the same game to me anymore. If I knew what was coming back in BC or Wrath. I would have chose sitting around in Shatt or Dalaran any day. That's not nostalgia talking either.
    Gnome Pride!

I personally think MoP is the best expansion yet. That said, a couple of things that I felt was better before:

1) An awesome launch event like WotLK.
    I was still lowbie when that happened and though I couldn't really go about unharmed in the major cities for a brief period of time, it was epic and very awesome.

2) The sense of social cohesiveness in-game.
    With the advent of 10man and 25man raiding on the same playing field, a lot of people have gone on an exodus from 25man guilds to form up smaller 10man guilds. While every one is entitled to play the mode they wish, I find that 10man raiding guilds are much more vulnerable to break up if one core player has to leave the game. I find there's much less of a community to fall back on in 10man raiding guilds, and that gives players less to log in for. I miss the 'local' community that 25man guilds brought to players.

More gear for gold instead of VP.
    More quests that you can walk up to someone and do instead of LOL DAILIES DAILIES DAILIES okay now you can do this quest DAILIES LOL AREN'T DAILIES FUN etc.

Beyond that, most of my gripes with MoP have been solved(more paths to gaining faction rep than DAILIES DAILIES DAILIES, more gearing options than just rep gear and LFR, weekly quests instead of DAILIES DAILIES DAILIES).

And speaking personally, 5-mans can go die in a fire. I'd take scenarios over SNORE 20+ MINUTE QUEUE TO PLAY ZZZ any day. I hope they expand on it and start making 10-man Scenarios that award random LFR-quality gear to give an alternative to LFR and such.

Deleted
    Buff food that doesn't cost 200g+ worth of mats to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    Story leading up to a mega villain. No matter what Bliz writes, I cannot convince myself that Garrosh and his SS Troopers are more of a threat to Azeroth than the Burning Legion or the Lich King.
    Exactly this. Throughout all of my leveling through Pandaria on 8 toons, I've yet to see Garrosh even once.
    In WOTLK I saw the Lich King plenty of times, and even saw Deathwing a few (random flights through zones to destroy everything, fight with Alexstrasza for example) and Deathwing is HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Obikwan View Post
    1. Variety and interesting (Cata length/difficulty with WotLK, TBC variety) 5mans.

2. The ability to chain 5mans as a catch-up mechanism.
    Difficulty with Wrath? So far MOP has been more difficult than Wrath. Up to LK of course, but we haven't seen the last tier of MoP yet so who knows.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

I miss not having a thousand things to do so I can play my alts lol.

I definitely miss VP BOEs. And current mats for honor/JP. Even if the conversion rate was disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    1. I miss that we use a boat or zepplin to go to a zone, seriously a portal is of the lamest things to start off a expansion, i'm so sad it's still a portal. They can easily make a boat going to pandaria.
    Ergh, I fucking hate waiting for the NR blimp / Vashj boat. You did that like once ever and then there were portals anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    2. An Arena, There has always been an Arena where you could fight hard bosses with 5 people, i missed that in Pandaria.
    Scenarios take the place of that. There's even a specific arena scenario.

It's much better this way, "LFM CoC" was such a PITA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Exactly this. Throughout all of my leveling through Pandaria on 8 toons, I've yet to see Garrosh even once.
    In WOTLK I saw the Lich King plenty of times, and even saw Deathwing a few (random flights through zones to destroy everything, fight with Alexstrasza for example) and Deathwing is HUGE.
    Garrosh wasn't the villain at the start. The Sha, Mogu and Mantid were, and so that's who we saw in quest content. You have to do the DO/LL quest chains and the following scenarios to see the story evolve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    True, but I just didn't feel any build up. He wasn't a constant threat like the Lich King who got all up in your face and taunted and tried to have you killed from day 1 all the way up to his death. The TK just had maybe two or three quests where he actually appeared, once he actually spoke to you (if even that, I can't really remember) and honestly he just felt like a filler villain whereas Arthas, Deathwing, Illidain and so forth all had a massive build up and had ties with the entire expansion. granted; they had the advantage of having WC2/3 from years ago to build things up which is something new villains can never get, but it still just makes me clear the 5.2 raid with a resounding 'meh'.
    How are they supposed to do that when he wasn't even the big villain until ToT? The quest zones had to set up the villains of 5.0 - the Mogu and Mantid, and ultimately the Sha. But a lot of Kun-Lai built up to the Thunder King.

Remember before MoP launched and Blizzard said there wasn't going to BE a single big bad for this expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    pvp that wasn't terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Of course there are other opinions, but obviously most people would agree with me considering the numbers;d My favorite expansion remains TBC.
    My favourite is probably still Wrath, nostalgia, the Lich King storyline and all. But in pure game terms every expansion is superior to the one before. Even Cataclysm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Buff food that doesn't cost 200g+ worth of mats to make.
    Eh, that's good and bad. If you want to farm mats and sell food it makes a nice niche market.

Ooh, cauldrons. I miss cauldrons. And HGWT (though it was kind of ridiculous).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    A reason to play. But that's just me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Eh, that's good and bad. If you want to farm mats and sell food it makes a nice niche market.
    Except hardly anyone bothers to do that, whenever i check the AH for carrots there are no more than like 40 there, sometimes even as few as 10.
    They went way over the top with the 275 and 300 stat food mats requirements. Black pepper is hard to come by too.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Clear out the first room instead of trying to get to the end, then; I would say my average is 16-17. That's more than enough for one week.

I levelled two chars to 89 to do Ahune recently and then went ahead and got them to 90. Here's what I do:

* Kill Isle rares til you get a key, do Super Happy Treasure Run to fill up your elder charms
    * Kill Pandaria rares til you get 50 lesser tokens, get 3 Mogu Runes
    * Use Isle rep tokens to get to Honored or whatever and buy the 476 belt
    * Do world bosses, roll on all of them
    * Rent PVP gear for honor points to bump your ilvl up to get into LFRs sooner (also, kill Krasarang rares for 483 world PVP trinkets)
    * Do T14 LFRs, roll on every boss
    Ok, I did all that and I'm still 469. Please help me more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    So I guess what I'm saying is catchup is fine, and if it takes you half a year then you should re-evaluate how you're catching up.
    No, it's Blizzard who should to re-evaluate how I am catching up.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

5 man tabards justice points being useful