Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzards Next big Project

I am interested in peoples ideas on what blizzards next big project should be and where the community feels it would be best for blizzard to branch out.

Some of my ideas would be

Warcraft 4:
    Rebirth of a Land
    RTS style game similar to the old warcraft games, Game is the furture and you play as a selection of factions
    Possible faces include - King Anduin Wyrnn, Durotan son of Thrall Warchief of the horde , Thassarian Bronzebeard High king of the Mountains.

Starcraft
    Absolution
    MMORPG
    Play as either the zerg, terran or protoss. Lets be honest Swtor was at its heart not a bad mmo but it lacked vision and understanding of how to create, implement and maintain a successful franchise based game but blizzard could do this easily.

Imagine casters from all sides ghosts vs High templar vs Kerrigans brood.

Diablo 4
    Dungeon Crawler
    Before the demons were driving out of heaven Diablo managed to infect several of the angels imprisioned by his forces. Now they work tirelessly to retrieve and revive their master and once again release the prime evils upon the world. Tyreal arrives to late as the Prime evils inhabit the bodies of the corrupted angels and once again begin their crusade to destroy all life and control the face of santuary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not an RTS fan as...well...to be honest, I just can't keep with how fast others can process this stuff. Probably the same reason I suck at PVP. And Dungeon Crawlers are not my thing either, as they're not social enough.

So for me what I would like to see is something that picks up where WoW leaves off when it really becomes antiquated for me. So another fantasy based MMO would be where I would like them to focus. I know that right now that would be cannibalistic. So just wishful thinking from me.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think titan should be scrapted big time, no place for it, why replace such a big MMORPG that probably won't ever be defeated in the subscribers that it had ( and the money that it gained, blizzard will NEVER get that much from a diff MMO, this was just pure luck that WoW came out at the right year)

I think Warcraft 4, to continue the WoW lore and to stop those lore nerds for saying 'Omg this wasn't in Warcraft 1-2-3 this is just random BS', now they can expand it in WC4.

And for the rest Continue their franchises, starcraft/diablo and ofcourse World of Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Personally, I would like them to produce something new and refreshing. I love the Warcraft and Diablo franchise (Not an RTS fan myself) but I really want something different. What to be exact? I don't even know myself :/

Deleted
    The Lost Vikings II

we do not need another rts.

Diablo or starcraft mmo would be something

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Thassarian Bronzebeard High king of the Mountains.
    Thassarian? really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I think titan should be scrapted big time, no place for it, why replace such a big MMORPG that probably won't ever be defeated in the subscribers that it had ( and the money that it gained, blizzard will NEVER get that much from a diff MMO, this was just pure luck that WoW came out at the right year.
    Well, while Titan hasn't been technically scrapped, it has gone back to the drawing board. So we're years away from seeing it at this point. And while no one really knows what it was, it certainly wouldn't have been something that would have directly competed with WoW's subscriber base.

As far as equalling WoW's success, it's not realistic to use WoW as a benchmark for another title's success. WoW is an anomaly. Not the industry standard. No developers, including Blizzard, are trying to publish games with WoW numbers in mind.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

Well, I assume right now they're working on the next Starcraft expansion, the next WoW expansion, and most likely the first Diablo III expansion too. Blizzard is one of the few companies out there that still makes proper expansions, and I feel they should be lauded for that.

Diablo or starcraft mmo would be something[/QUOTE]

A diablo MMO would be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    we do not need another rts.
    Why not, if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Aztrazolo View Post
    Well, while Titan hasn't been technically scrapped, it has gone back to the drawing board. So we're years away from seeing it at this point. And while no one really knows what it was, it certainly wouldn't have been something that would have directly competed with WoW's subscriber base.

As far as equalling WoW's success, it's not realistic to use WoW as a benchmark for another title's success. WoW is an anomaly. Not the industry standard. No developers, including Blizzard, are trying to publish games with WoW numbers in mind.
    Wow is losing subs, consistently.
    Those numbers have to be going somewhere. I do not see a combined gain of several millions over the most popular mmorpgs, so people are leaving the genre entirely. I do not see why another mmo can rival wow's success and reclaim a great deal of the people who left.

warcraft 4 taking place in the future would not work, anything they make in that game they wouldnt be able to change their minds later on if they wanted to, it would completely end up as non cannon, fight kil'jaedan in warcraft 4? oops guess we can never kill him in wow, go to argus in warcraft 4? oops guess we can never go there in wow.

if they ever make a warcraft 4 it will either be based off a book in the past so that they dont have to worry about changing anything, or it will be a tie in to the next expansion and take place in current time. thats the only way it would ever work without ending up like the rpg books and thrown in the non cannon fire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I think titan should be scrapted big time, no place for it, why replace such a big MMORPG that probably won't ever be defeated in the subscribers that it had ( and the money that it gained, blizzard will NEVER get that much from a diff MMO, this was just pure luck that WoW came out at the right year)
    Clearly you know more then us about Titan, please share your wisdom.

Seriously thought this is a pretty bad post. You are not only jumping to conclusions about what Titan is, but you are also under the impression that this new MMO will kill WoW before we even have any official news as to what the game is.

It's called "moving forward". There is only so much you can do to an 8 year old game and there comes a point where you have to cut the losses and restart from scratch, hopefully bringing in new customers along the way.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-07-10 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    The Lost Vikings II
    this would be cool. something they could do after Hearthstone

I still think Starcraft Ghost would be a cool game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    warcraft 4 taking place in the future would not work, anything they make in that game they wouldnt be able to change their minds later on if they wanted to, it would completely end up as non cannon, fight kil'jaedan in warcraft 4? oops guess we can never kill him in wow, go to argus in warcraft 4? oops guess we can never go there in wow.

if they ever make a warcraft 4 it will either be based off a book in the past so that they dont have to worry about changing anything, or it will be a tie in to the next expansion and take place in current time. thats the only way it would ever work without ending up like the rpg books and thrown in the non cannon fire
    I've always thought Warcraft 4 could recreate everything from the War of the Ancients to the recent Cataclysm. I don't know how factions would work with so many different races and wars through time, but it would certainly be an appropiate way to not interfere with WoW. It would also fill some gaps and create official versions of certain stories, mainly those seen in the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Clearly you know more then us about Titan, please share your wisdom.

Seriously thought this is a pretty bad post. You are not only jumping to conclusions about what Titan is, but you are also under the impression that this new MMO will kill WoW before we even have any official news as to what the game is.

It's called "moving forward". There is only so much you can do to an 8 year old game and there comes a point where you have to cut the losses and restart from scratch, hopefully bringing in new customers along the way.
    And lose loads meanwhile.
    You know people have spent so much on WoW, mounts/achies/rep w/e you can find, and you really think people will just jump to Titan because it's their new game?
    It will only break down their own good numbers. No reason to try to replace WoW when WoW is still the one game that is known all over the World and has a good name. Titan is called the next Generation MMO, blizzard will try to get everyone from WoW and the new generation.
    Killing their own big title holder.

That's why i hate it. It's a bad move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    The Lost Vikings II
    That one already exists - The Lost Vikings 2 - Norse by Norsewest. It has 2 more characters in addition to the vikings - a dragon and a werewolf. The vikings are now cybernetically enhanced, - read up.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as wow is still viable for them the chances of a Warcraft IV are extremely slim. If we do see it I hope it would be a way to present the foundation of the story in the possibility "Warcraft 2" follows after. Much like how Warcraft 3 was setting the foundation for wow.