Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You know what I find strange.

Listen to 0:08, sounds like the same "kill them all" Y'Shaarj says. Has it been used somewhere else or something?
    That quote is from the corrupted ashbringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    wut? Arthas never had that idea in mind. After Strathholme, it was all about vengence for him.
    So Arthas didnt exist after the merge, ok.

Wrathion, all I have to say is I love that opportunistic little whelp. It was clear he was willing to destroy the factions, why people are surprised here is quite strange Horde and Alliance mean little to him, he is all about the long view, there might be pain suffering for a short amount of time, but in the long run the world might be united.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Him having emotions? Not a problem. Him sacraficing countless lives for his own goal? Thats a bit shady, specially now that "he will take control"
    Sacrificing thousands of lives to ensure the survival of millions in the long run is something I would call common sense.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-07-10 at 12:11 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So Arthas didnt exist after the merge, ok.

I'm glad that's been cleared up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The "auntie Onyxia" bit from Wrathion made me chuckle xD

And Wrathion still isn't a bad guy really. He simply expected Varian to have some balls and take control of the Horde, thus uniting them all under one banner so that when the "threat" (I.e. Legion) comes, we're all fighting together rather than being fragmented. It's obvious that he is going to be pissed that Varian decided that he'd let the Horde appoint a new Warchief instead. So in turn, he's angry enough about to make threats of just taking control of both sides by himself. Guy has emotions... no biggie.

I thought that was quite easy to see tbh.

Totally agree. I like Wrathion. I'd /factionquit both Alliance and Horde and unite under him if it were possible.

Him having emotions? Not a problem. Him sacraficing countless lives for his own goal? Thats a bit shady, specially now that "he will take control"
    He's a Black Dragon...

Just because he isn't corrupted doesn't mean his nature is 100% different.

Of course Wrathion is shady. People should have figured that out this entire expansion by the things he's been saying.

"Putting his plan into action." /ect

10+ Year Old Account
    Im dissapoint about Saurfang. I hoped it will be him who will fight against Garrosh. But from his voice files, it looks like they left him before garrosh chamber or something like this.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Wrathion, all I have to say is I love that opportunistic little whelp. It was clear he was willing to destroy the factions, why people are surprised here is quite strange Horde and Alliance mean little to him, he is all about the long view, there might be pain suffering for a short amount of time, but in the long run the world might be united.

Sacrificing thousands of lives to ensure the survival of millions in the long run is something I would call common sense.
    Easy to say that now, i think you would have a different point of view, if it would be you being killed for the greater good, specially now as i said, that Wrathion wants to take control, trading a evil for another
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Easy to say that now, i think you would have a different point of view, if it would be you being killed for the greater good, specially now as i said, that Wrathion wants to take control, trading a evil for another
    It would suck to be killed sure, but common sense should always trump morality.

he didnt say he was going to try and take control he said he shouldve just took the throne room for himself because he could get things done, he didnt mean it literally, he was basically just ranting because even though his plan worked it didnt end the way he wanted it to, he assumed after the war was over varian would force the horde to submit and join the alliance, having one huge force and instead because of gameplay reasons varian allowed them to gain a new warchief.

i think hes gonna take a more hands on approach, and we as his champions are gonna have alot more work to do i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    So wrathion is insane cretin like rest of his family ? Not big suprise. I really hope they will let us skin that asshat alive, and shove his "legendary" down his asshole.

What makes me wonder is what exactly stops us from poisoning him with iron (axe in head syndrome) the second he "reveals" he was insane all that time.
    Why are people surprised at this? The whole expansion, Wrathion was watching champions from both the Horde and Alliance in order to find out which faction would be able to rule the world. It was clear from the get go he doesn't believe the Horde and Alliance will be able to reach their full potential as long as the other exist.

Sometime after 5.1, he realized that the Horde, more specifically Garrosh, was the best of the two, not because of it's strength, but more so because the Horde was ready and willing to do everything possible to beat the Alliance.

However from 5.2 onward, he eventually realized that Garrosh's method of leading isn't good in the long run, as it just destroys the very faction you are commanding.

Wrathion didn't learn anything from Pandaria. At all. The main theme this expansion is balance. The Horde was too aggressive while the Alliance was too docile. He can't fathom how they can survive, let alone remain strong, on their own. But he will learn. They didn't give us this character to interact with the whole expansion just to kill off later.

He may be a boss, maybe, but it definitely won't be one we kill. He will eventually have to learn that it is possible for two superpowers to co-exist and both achieve peak power.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Why are people surprised at this? The whole expansion, Wrathion was watching champions from both the Horde and Alliance in order to find out which faction would be able to rule the world. It was clear from the get go he doesn't believe the Horde and Alliance will be able to reach their full potential as long as the other exist.

Sometime after 5.1, he realized that the Horde, more specifically Garrosh, was the best of the two, not because of it's strength, but more so because the Horde was ready and willing to do everything possible to beat the Alliance.

However from 5.2 onward, he eventually realized that Garrosh's method of leading isn't good in the long run, as it just destroys the very faction you are commanding.

Wrathion didn't learn anything from Pandaria. At all. The main theme this expansion is balance. The Horde was too aggressive while the Alliance was too docile. He can't fathom how they can survive, let alone remain strong, on their own. But he will learn. They didn't give us this character to interact with the whole expansion just to kill off later.

He may be a boss, maybe, but it definitely won't be one we kill. He will eventually have to learn that it is possible for two superpowers to co-exist and both achieve peak power.
    actually it was in 5.1 that he decided to back the alliance, not 5.2

Wasn't Yshaarj supposed to be 100% seriously dead for real?
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    he was, the only thing that was left is like an echo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only in so much as Old Gods "can" die. Given how closely they hew to the Lovecraft source material it's a safe assumption that, much like Lovecraft's creations, our understanding of terms like "dead" and "alive" aren't totally applicable to the Old Gods.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die."
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Old gods can't really die.

As seen in 5.3, his heart was technically always alive.

We know Old Gods can regenerate, so I think when Garrosh used the Vale to power up the Heart, he started the regeneration process again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    actually it was in 5.1 that he decided to back the alliance, not 5.2
    He backed whichever faction you played. However, it was in 5.1 he most likely decided Horde, as that was when he was actively watching the H and A and there leaders fight each other.

Varian decides who the next warchief is? Not Thrall?
    I know several members of the Horde respect Wrynn as a warrior hence his nickname Lo'Gosh. But still....
    Wrathion is mad and I don't blame him, it's not that he wanted to get rid of the Horde, it's that he wanted the Horde and Alliance to become one big force to fight the Burning Legion once they invade in the next expansion. This is really getting interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    He's a Black Dragon...

Just because he isn't corrupted doesn't mean his nature is 100% different.

Of course Wrathion is shady. People should have figured that out this entire expansion by the things he's been saying.

"Putting his plan into action." /ect
    He's always been straight-up with you that he's a black dragon and that means he's not gonna be squeaky-clean. Given how he's had you killing a bunch of shit to further the faction war, it also stands to reason he was playing both sides to get them to the point that they have to team up under one banner if they plan to survive the next invasion. So when Varian misses the opportunity to annex the Horde, by Wrathion's logic he just missed a golden opportunity to end the war once and for all after some growing pains.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zalinea View Post
    Wrathion didn't say Varian chose the new Warchief just that he allowed one.
    He ain't allow a god damn thing. He has no say over the horde, not now, not ever. I shall kill 1000 alliance tonight, in tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    He ain't allow a god damn thing. He has no say over the horde, not now, not ever. I shall kill 1000 alliance tonight, in tribute.
    a small band of rebels.

a united army that has had almost no casualties is stronger than ever and has the backing by a dragon who is in possession of titan technology, and the most powerful mortal mage in the world who wields the power of the thunder king.

pretty sure varian could decimate the horde if he chose to right now

- - - Updated - - -

i know horde players dont like to admit when theyve lost, but the horde has completely fucking lost the pandaren expedition.

this war was a disaster for the horde

- - - Updated - - -

what major victory has the horde had this expansion? they blew up a city... which had almost no people in it. good job blowing up theramore but letting all the soldiers go through a portal and then reclaim it pretty much right after.

the hordes gotten its arse handed to it all expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Wrathion sided with the alliance... ha.... ha.... fuck him.

Suddenly all my respect for him just drains off.

Really, I thought he was cool acting outside conflict and even manipulating people, but actually saying he wanted the alliance to destroy the horde, and when Varian allows it to survive, he calls him an idiot.... well, kudos to varian, and fu to wrathion.
    The kid is just an obvious opportunist. If you listen the sound files, it's clear that Wrathion sided with the Horde initially; he thought that Hellscream would have ended the war and "united" the world under the Horde banner, and this shouldn't surprise you, considering how much Wrathion "respected" the Thunder King and his tyrannical leadership, and Garrosh was doing the same.

"Sadly" the Horde itself turned against him in the end, so at that point, Hellscream's victory was compromised, since even if Garrosh would have "won" would have been a pointless victory, if he had to kill Alliance AND Horde members alike in the effort, so it's obvious that for Wrathion the Alliance, that instead of the Horde have a stable situation and didn't have to deal with a civil war, became the "new option" for ensure a world united, this time under the Alliance banner. Wrathion is enraged because Varian didn't do this, Varian "let" the world remain divided. Wrathion pretended that Varian would have done what Garrosh was trying to do, but he didn't, and for this now is an "idiot" for him.

I think is perfectly in line with Wrathion's character, and it's the reason for which I never liked or trusted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So Wrathion wanted one big alliance...

I knew that piece of shit shouldnt have been trusted, ever.
    For a time, I fully agree with the guy above. Seriously, I don't think Wrathion will become a raid boss just because he's pissed by this turn of events, but damn, that pup is irritating. He's basically a pretentious kid (dragons live for thousand of years, that baby is alive by ONE year or little more) that belive to have all the right answers for every matter, excatly like Tong said, "Talk, talk, talk and never listen", in this is not so different by Garrosh at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    also awfully convenient how the troll rebels just so happen to completely fail to hold up their part of the attack plan leading to the alliance to take more casualties
    Oh yeah, I loved this so much. Fuck the "troll-meat shield" smart plan.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-10 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.