My vote for the next Warchief (Potential Spoiler).

Hello everybody! With the new sound files data-mined I have seen a whole lot of people saying who they believe the next Warchief of the Horde will be. I am going to go in depth with this idea because some may be a bit hesitant at first to consider this individual a potential candidate due to limited spotlight - but I believe he has the potential to be one of the greats.

What are the necessary qualities that somebody must possess in order to be considered eligible to become a fantastic Warchief? Honor, for one thing; Courage, and a heart filled with dedication for your people and clan. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: Roanauk Icemist

That's right folks, nobody has mentioned this man yet - but he must be one of the top contenders for quite a few reasons.

He was a POW

This is not some inexperienced wet-behind-the-ears kind of person that Baine may be. Roanauk has seen some battle; he has faced an innumerable amount of Scourge horrors that threatened to tear apart everything he has ever known. Entrapped by very powerful scourge magic, his people never gave up hope. When he was nearly freed one was quoted as saying "Retribution will come swiftly".

\]
    Above is an image of Roanauk being held captive by the Scourge, even going so far as to yell at the top of his mighty lungs that no amount of torture could ever sway his resolve.

The atrocities committed against him and his people by the dreaded scourge were numerous, and through it all he rose from the ashes to make a notable, and very powerful High Chief and leader to his people.

Tried and true leadership skills

You would be incorrect in assuming that Roanauk is a random Taunka that has no experience in leadership. As mentioned previously, he was the High Chief of his village, and after his victories in Icemist Village, he went on to become the leader of his people, representing them for the Horde in the massive Scourge War in the Frozen Wastelands of Northrend.

His battle prowess is nearly unmatched

An elder taunka warrior, Roanauk displayed his fighting skills as well as agility when he jumped 20 feet into the air in order to literally punch Under-King Anub-et-kan down the rock-hill to his watery doom. Prior to this, Roanauk invented the ability Mass Resurrection in order to bring as many as 20 of his clansmen and women back to life. He then applied a hybrid version of the infamous bloodlust, hinting at the fact that hey may have made some glorious ascension from shamanism. it is said that due to the fact that he pioneered this invaluable ability, millions of people worldwide still benefit to this day.

Above is an image of Mr. Icemist showing the world a small taste of his untapped, extraordinary power.

Genius level intelligence

Quick thinking is generally a worthy trait on the battlefield to have; and if this is not enough to convince you that Roanauk is a smart individual ... then just you wait.

The founder of Icemist Village, Roanauk pioneered a fantastic plot of land. His land values will never dwindle or diminish due to the fact that his village is surrounded by a plethora of waterfalls, making his village a landmark of Northrend, and a modern marvel. The foresight that this man must have access to is beyond compare. Not only this, but Roanauk became an elder among his clan, insinuating a large amount of wisdom.

All in all, Roaunauk Icemist is one of the greatest warriors to ever grace the battlefield. His efforts in Northrend were pivotal in the securing of Dragonblight from Scourge forces, and he is highly valued and respected among his people and anybody he encounters. Please consider Roanauk Icemist when voting for your Warchief in this upcoming patch. Thank you.

Last edited by Zorohon; 2013-07-10 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ooh.. that forgotten character for that forgotten race most people have to try to remember about from wrath... yeah... great.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Had he been an active character in the current expansion, I'd agree.

Sadly, he's not.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Zorohon View Post
    Prior to this, Roanauk invented the ability Mass Resurrection in order to bring as many as 20 of his clansmen and women back to life.
    It's a joke. :P

~Thanks to PaulDok for the awesome signature!~

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Had he been an active character in the current expansion, I'd agree.

Sadly, he's not.
    He doesn't need to be, throw him in the new Orgrimmar raid and with the Dragonmaw and everything is dandy.

it has been said that the new Warchief will be somebody that we won't quite expect.

^^^
    This is not a joke. Go back and redo the quest, he uses the ability Mass Resurrection before it was ever placed into the game.

Hmmz while i don't think this guy will be the warchief I do want some form of council with all the horde's races leaders (not only the playable ones so this dude included?)

I assume it's a horde quest, so haven't done it. Shouldn't have jumped to such a conclusion I guess when I'm not even horde. Apologies.

~Thanks to PaulDok for the awesome signature!~

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember him because I haven't done any WOLK quests/lore since the first time I did it years ago. I want a prominent well-known and respected character as warchief. And seeing these Taunka makes me hope that one day Blizz will make them a playable race.

Nice idea but I really doubt it will be a character that barely anyone knows/remembers.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    I don't remember him because I haven't done any WOLK quests/lore since the first time I did it years ago. I want a prominent well-known and respected character as warchief. And seeing these Taunka makes me hope that one day Blizz will make them a playable race.
    I feel like the Taunka are too similar to the Tauren for them to become a playable race.

I also feel as though there will not be a council of leaders, although it would make sense.

Those traits are good and all but you forgot about the most important one. Is he well respected by the other leaders of the horde? Respect is a big issue with the horde atm and I can see it being a factor for the next warchief.
    Last edited by Togarox; 2013-07-10 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way this is happening. I don't think it's a good idea either. It has to be someone at least mildly known of, otherwise the orcs would not bow to him/her.
    Hi

He is a cool character, and yeah he would probably make a decent Warchief. But as others have said he's not really part of the Horde. Oh yeah the Taunka took the oath and swore to them, but he's just got no reputation.. He's known (if at all) as "that quest npc in Dragonblight".

I wouldn't be surprised personally if we ended up with a Council leadership consisting of Vol'jin, Lor'themar, Baine and possibly Saurfang/Rexxar? (please please please oh please can we see Rexxar in SoO)