Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It doesn't highlight hat towards Raiders, it highlights hatred towards elitists. Elistists who don't feel special unless they are the 10% able to see content and then feel it gives them the right to lord it over others. I'm a raider and *I* hope elitists take a hike and find another game to play.
    Ru really trying to tell me that they are discussed seperately? bullcrap.

The sweeping generalisation that achievers in Wow r all Elitists and consequently hated runs deep in the current Wow community. These kind of hateful comments r all over these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    The amount of players who have stepped down from raiding guilds and now just play around in LFR is probably a large and significant number of players. Hence my point that LFR may well have been setup to help raiding but in reality its done the opposite.

LFR helped raiding, because LFR IS raiding.

LFR didn't save normal mode raiding from the natural consequences of Blizzard's decision to tune up the difficulty of normal mode. I'm really trying to pretend that this upsets me, but I'm failing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    LFR is an interactive Youtube video of a raid.
    Yes, I look up upcoming raid bosses on Youtube before they are released, are you saying theres a function in game where I can join at any time of day and interactively learn an encounter in a raid like environment? And I can do it with friends? Say, whats this interactive Youtube video called? I coudl sure use something like that to hone my muscle memory and raid preparedness. Does it drop weaker versions of raid gear so I can progress my guild quicker too?

The sweeping generalisation that achievers in Wow r all Elitists and consequently hated runs deep in the current Wow community. These kind of hateful comments r all over these forums.
    Just to warn you: given your posting history and tone, I have zero sympathy toward you, or any player with opinions like yours. Is that hateful? Not really, but I'm certainly not on your side.

Listening to players like yourself, attempting to serve that tiny slice of the player population, led to the disaster that is Cataclysm. If you are finding your game experience collapsing because of consequences of your desires that you did not anticipate, all I can say is you deserved it.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-07-10 at 06:03 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    That being said just because people bitch and whine on a forum does not actually mean a lot of people are bitching and complaining. .
    Absolutely correct... but 1.3million ex-Wow players say hi.

The FACT that such an unprecidented amount of players leaving the game shouts loud and clear there are issues right now at this moment in Wow.

Its obvious that the psychology of the players who remain will think that the game is fine, i can live with that. But i must stand up against totally misinformed and clueless statements such as ur making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    This is basically it. Not trying to be snobby or an elitist but LFR is so braindead easy and ungratifying that you may as well just watch someone else do it to say that you've "seen all the content". In fact, some people do. LFR can be afk'd through easily.
    That is dumb sorry. First of all you can only AFK LFR because people carry you, just like normal and heroic (although heroic I'm sure will be a lot more difficult to carry someone but some people still buy runs so clearly it can happen).

Second of all, it might be so easy for you that you might as well have watched it but it's not easy for everyone. Groups still fail at Lei Shen, and groups still fail at the maze, so clearly it's not so easy that everyone can sleep through it or that would never happen.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Also, you said its the old mindset of wow- yes, it is just that - OLD. Times change and we need to adapt. Game adapted and I did. If someone will not adapt, he will just rage and qq, just like in irl.
    Yeah this is how I feel about it really. I adapted to the new ways the game has become and love every minute of it. I, however, see people who raid at the highest level now as a barrier to the changes of the game because they have an unreasonable amount of influence (or at least like to think they do) and they stamp their little footsies enough that Blizzard might actually take legendaries out of LFR and other nonsense so they can feel better. That's all it is. I think that heroic modes should slowly be phased out or at least stop having better gear and more effort put into making things like Flexiraid and LFR so that more people like me can have fun with them. The sooner the big guilds die off, the sooner people that like them for some reason stop whining they're in decline. Their time is over. The time of the casual is at hand. The casuals are happy. The casuals aren't complaining. Now it's the so-called hardcore raiders that complain. I remember when I was one and the lowly casuals whined and I'd look down at them and tell them too bad. Now the time has changed and the shoe is on the other foot...and the hardcore raiders are mad. It's beautifully ironic.

Heroic modes should just have transmog gear or gear equal to Normal (and LFR/Flexiraid shoudl have the same ilvl too). That way they can stand out and look better than others without it slowly making the heroic modes easier with more gear as they progress through them. That keeps it purely a matter of skill and status...why do you need better gear? Sure you won't be able to zerg it over and over, you'll have to learn and get better...but again, taht's something hardcore raiders always carry on about. If they want prestige brought back into their achievements, that's a better way than taking gear of any kind away from LFR. I think they're too scared to actually face that kind of challenge though and just want to act cool on forums by mocking LFR players.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Ru really trying to tell me that they are discussed seperately? bullcrap.

There is a distinct difference between Raiders and Elistists. Raiders Raid, Elistists raid to preen in front of a mailbox and imagine that everyone is slobbering over them and the only way they can reclaim that magic is to shut down everyone else's experience. Don't confuse the two, the elitists is not a desireable path to follow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Just to warn you: given your posting history and tone, I have zero sympathy toward you, or any player with opinions like yours. Is that hateful? Not really, but I'm certainly not on your side.
    Well FYI i dont care about whose on my side, im all about "syaing it how it is" no matter how painful or upsetting it may be.

I dont take sides, i discuss issues. I also dont post here for popularity, i post here in the hope that Blizzard take notice and take on board these discussions. I Love Wow, always have and always will. I just hope Wow can get its act together and become great again. Obviously my opinions wont be the same as everyone, but i know theyre the same as a significant and large amount of people.

10+ Year Old Account

The FACT that such an unprecidented amount of players leaving the game shouts loud and clear there are issues right now at this moment in Wow.

Its obvious that the psychology of the players who remain will think that the game is fine, i can live with that. But i must stand up against totally misinformed and clueless statements such as ur making.
    Maybe it's because of; Monks, Pandas, Asian themed, the manta, LFR, lack of 5 mans, the dailies, world bosses, pet battles, BMAH, brawlers guild, operation shield wall, charms, etc.etc.etc...

How do you know it's only LFR? There have been a lot of new things.

Here we go with made up numbers again. The facts remain, without LFR there would be far far less raid content made for the raider. I am happy there is an LFR because it means more Raid content more often. If thats 1.3 million elitists then I say good riddence.

Deleted
    Here we go with made up numbers again. The facts remain, without LFR there would be far far less raid content made for the raider. I am happy there is an LFR because it means more Raid content more often. If thats 1.3 million elitists then I say good riddence.
    made up numbers? ru for real?

How exactly are 1.3million players unsubbing in 1 quarter 'made up'?

Please explain that to me cos im pretty sure Blizzards accountants would like to know how u know its wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you listen to yourself when you get all wrapped up in your nerd-rage? My argument is 'There are millions of reasons why millions of people left' and you think that accusing me of not knowing everything some how dismantles my argument? I'm starting to question whom I am debating with because you seem incapable of having an intellectual discussion on the topic. Hot shot? Shut the hell up? You don't know everything? What part of this is intellectual? Is your daddy gonna beat up my daddy next because he is bigger?

And As I have told you before your interpretation of a bad player varies, You fulfill my interpretation of a baddie very adequately.
    Me saying you don't know everything is rather simple, you try and talk for the majority but don't know a damn thing while at the same time spout off that we have no right to talk for others because we don't have facts, you are nothing but a hypocrite.

Also if me finding people in LFR doing 15k dps and standing in bad stuff as bad players makes me a baddie than so be it but I would rather be what you call a baddie who is doing heroic raids than a hypocrite loud mouth like you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Maybe it's because of; Monks, Pandas, Asian themed, the manta, LFR, lack of 5 mans, the dailies, world bosses, pet battles, BMAH, brawlers guild, operation shield wall, charms, etc.etc.etc...

How do you know it's only LFR? There have been a lot of new things.
    Who said anything about 1.3mill unsubbing from LFR!?!??

Go read what Deadman said and u will see why i used that figure... it was fukk all to do with LFR.

Well FYI i dont care about whose on my side, im all about "syaing it how it is" no matter how painful or upsetting it may be.

I dont take sides, i discuss issues. I also dont post here for popularity, i post here in the hope that Blizzard take notice and take on board these discussions. I Love Wow, always have and always will. I just hope Wow can get its act together and become great again. Obviously my opinions wont be the same as everyone, but i know theyre the same as a significant and large amount of people.
    Oh My god, we got us a bonafied 'sayin it how it is' guy here! We ain't had one of you round here in... whew... 10 seconds? You is definately a rare cookie while managing to be a 'significant and large amount of people.' at the same time! Dunno how you manage that, but it really works for you.

All you have is an opinion, and my opinion is that your opinion sucks. You know what they say about opinions and sphincters right?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Now you've seen it, did you feel like you experienced it?

Yep.

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Me saying you don't know everything is rather simple, you try and talk for the majority but don't know a damn thing while at the same time spout off that we have no right to talk for others because we don't have facts, you are nothing but a hypocrite.

Also if me finding people in LFR doing 15k dps and standing in bad stuff as bad players makes me a baddie than so be it but I would rather be what you call a baddie who is doing heroic raids than a hypocrite loud mouth like you.
    My apologies if you misunderstood what I consider to be a baddie, its not people who think they are better than others due to their ability to push 1 1 1 2 4 tab 1 1 2 4 better than other people, its people who think they have a right to dictate what type of player gets to experience the content just so you can feel like you are a special snowflake an deserving of special recognition other than being hit with rotten fruit.

The only thing I've been able to gleen from this thread is that there are actually people delusional enough to think that giving more options caused subs to drop. That's pretty funny, but what's even funnier is that the LFR haters hate LFR because it took away normal mode raiders from their raid groups. So just stop your seething rage for a second and think about it. People stopped raiding with you and other raiders and prefered running LFR with random strangers... I wonder if it has anything to do with your piss poor attitude, abyssmal social skills and complete inability to think that people play videos games for enjoyment, not to dedicate strict portions of their free time to raiding with nerdraging psychos who flip a shit whenever someone does something wrong.

If you want to be upset with anything, don't be mad at LFR or others, there's only yourself to blame.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

LFR is fine if the gear it dropped was equal or relative to the challenge it gives.
    It should drop heroic dungeon level gear, with maybe the last boss in each queue dropping a lower item level epic tier token or something. I think most people's complaint about it is the gear it drops from what I remember when it first came out.

This causes the traditional raiders to go after that gear in LFR to progress through their own guild raids, either by choice or by demand of the guild leaders. Offering set bonuses in the LFR gear is crap too, set bonuses on tier gear IMO are for progression only because you need every little thing you can get.

I am all for casual players playing any and all games, the more the merrier, but there is another way to get them to play than how Blizz has done it. LFR is crap and will always be crap.
    Progressing through heroic raids is nearly the same as progressing through challenge mode dungeons, there is almost no reason to do so other than being able to say you did it.

If you go read my thread 'Why do you choose LFR over Raid Guids' it points out that people are choosing LFR *and all of the problems you get in LFR* rather than joining a Guild Raid, then asks why choose this random roll of the dice in hell to the 'glory days of guild raids'? If its Guild Raids are so awesome sauce how could they possibly loose members to shitty LFR?

You would find 75% say they just dont have time to raid. Some say they cant stand guild drama. Some say they dont like applications. I have yet to see one person on that thread say it was because they could expereince the content in an easy setting and then quit once they 'see' it.

If they are there just to 'see' it then how did they get a full set of LFR gear? A near complete set would suggest they run the content over and over again rather than just quitting soon as they see the content. For them this is their end game, this is their progression and they keep slamming away at it every week until the next tier hits so they can slam that content for weeks on end.