Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tier 16 Shaman Armor, Ordos Audio, July 5 Hotfixes, SoO Testing, Blue Posts, Fan Art

DiabloFans Interview With the Diablo 3 Team, Blue Posts, BlizzCon 2013 Talent Contest

Blue Posts - No Test Phase NDA, Linux Support, Card Clarifications

Tier 16 Shaman Armor Set
    Keep in mind that this is a preview and the final sets may be significantly different.

Patch 5.4 - Ordos Audio
    Ordos is one of the new world bosses on Timeless Isle being added in Patch 5.4. You will need to obtain your legendary cloak to access him.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • Magma Crush - Inflicts 5,000,000 Fire damage, split evenly amongst all players within 20 yards of the target.
    • Burning Soul - Inflicts 50,000 Fire damage every 1 sec. for 10 sec. On expiration, the player explodes, inflicting 300,000 Fire damage to players within 8 yards and knocking them up.
    • Pool of Fire - Creates a pool of fire that inflicts 50,000 Fire damage every 1 sec.
    • Ancient Flame - Summons an orb that inflicts 50,000 Fire damage to the nearest player every 2 sec. and increases Fire damage taken by 5% for 10 sec.
    • Eternal Agony - After 5 minutes, Ordos channels all of his power into a massive ball of magma, inflicting 300,000 Fire damage to all players every 1 sec.

Patch 5.3 Hotfixes - July 5
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Holy
        • Mastery: Illuminated Healing's damage absorption shield should now properly interact with Battle Fatigue on both the initial application and when refreshed. Previously, Battle Fatigue was being incorrectly applied to the damage absorption shield a second time on refresh.
        • Guardian of Ancient Kings (Holy version) should now properly interact with Battle Fatigue. Previously, Battle Fatigue was being incorrectly applied to the ability's subsequent heals.

Quests
    • Last Rites: Thassarian should now allow players to speak with them, allowing the quest to be completed.
    • The Darkness Within: Captain Doren should no longer get stuck in evade mode if the player dies when he has less than 3000 health.

Raid Testing Schedule - July 11
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    On Thursday, July 11, we will continue testing raid encounters in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid. We'll begin with 10-player Normal testing, and then move on to Heroic and then 25-player mode as the PTR cycle progresses.

Each encounter should be available at approximately the listed times below for all Public Test Realms.

Thursday, July 11
    Norushen - 10 Player Normal - 10:30 PDT (13:30 EDT, 19:30 CEST)

As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a beta environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the boss being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

Do you guy's ever do weekend testing? or LATE LATE night testing? I'd kill to get a chance to see the new content and try it out but unfortunately I work second shift and dont get home till 11pm PST on weekdays. Will I ever get my chance to see it in the PTR? =(
    When we test LFR and/or Flexible mode, we'll leave those open for much larger windows, often including entire weekends. We'll provide notification on this forum once those modes are ready for testing.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Random Loot Chests in the World
    I think you'll enjoy the Timeless Isle in 5.4. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Virtual Realms
    It’s true that we haven’t released that much detailed information about Virtual Realms, but you can rest assured that queues and especially server capacity won’t be a problem. We’ll be paying close attention to its implementation and we’ll make sure that the gameplay is not negatively affected by this, as that would be absolutely counterproductive to what we are trying to achieve here.
    Now, there are always some risks inherently associated with new things, but on the odd chance that any hiccups do happen, we’ll make sure that they don’t last very long. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Hearthstone in WoW
    in short, do you also think that blizzard plans on implementing a shortcut from wow to heartstone so that you can access it without leaving wow ?.
    Play it from within the game? It's something the team has talked about, but there aren't any plans for this currently. It would be really cool though, for sure. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Patch 5.4 PvP Mounts
    Understand that this is just a first implementation of us trying to add some more rewards into PvP for a wider audience of players. The number of Arena matches and RBG's that need to be won may not be final at this time and there's a chance that they can change before patch 5.4 is released.

Please continue to provide your feedback on this topic though as we would very much like to know what you think about the new mounts and their reward structure. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Flight Paths
    With the Cataclysm, and all of the 1-60 zones being redone, there's a pretty direct progression from zone to zone as you level. By and large following that progression is going to give you travel options as your need them. If you want to instead jump to the other side of the world, though, you might be in for a bit of a run. But that's ok. It is an entire world, and if you want to explore and venture off into new lands, you should expect to... adventure and explore. Plenty of solutions exist though for world-travelers even without giving out every flight point, such as various teleportation mechanics of varying availability, or the most obvious, do a /who mage and hit one up for a portal. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Patch 5.4 Class Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Patch 5.4 Prot Paladin Changes
    The Seal of Insight change is not intended as a Protection nerf, or to make haste less attractive. In fact, the change is being made because of a Holy concern. Although Seal of Insight does benefit from haste, the stat’s real value for Protection comes from Sanctity of Battle. Regardless, we will be making adjustments to make sure Protection doesn’t start having mana issues. Current thinking is to increase the mana gain from Guarded by the Light to 10%.

Glyph of the Battle Healer was something we had originally intended to allow Holy to adopt a “melee healer” playstyle, but as class design changes shifted Protection towards using Seal of Insight primarily, it has become both mandatory and overpowered. It’s just significantly stronger than a glyph should be. We think that the redesign will still allow it to be useful for Protection, but much more situationally, which is fine.

The Grand Crusader changes are indeed intended to make avoidance more attractive. The goal isn’t to nerf haste; as I mentioned, Sanctity of Battle is where the majority of haste’s value lies (along with other secondary benefits such as its interaction with Sacred Shield). However, we’ve seen overwhelming feedback that dodge and parry feel like wasted stats to Paladin tanks. It’s fine if you still prefer haste over avoidance, but we still intend to put avoidance on plate tanking gear, and we don’t want you to feel like those stats don’t benefit you when you get them.

We are paying careful attention to your feedback while we work through these changes. Please keep in mind that specific feedback regarding what exactly your concerns are about the changes is significantly more useful to us than sweeping generalizations. Thanks

Please just stop it with Grand Crusader. I don't say useless, but Parry and Dodge are surely the least useful things to get. Why do you acknowledge we like Haste and it works well, then emphasize poorer (or at least 'lumpy' damage intake) gearing setups? Smoothness is key.
    The goal is not to get you to prefer one over the other. We want you to like haste AND avoidance.

We know you guys like active mitigation. We like it too. We totally agree -- it feels a lot better (and a lot more fun) than passive mitigation.

However, in the short term, dodge and parry still exist. We want them to serve at least some value to tanks. They don't have to be your best stats, we just want them to feel like they're at least accomplishing something.

Looking to the future, we want to keep the idea of "tank" stats around, but they may end up playing less of a role than they do today. Between Dodge and Parry, it's entirely possible that we'll cut one or another and embrace the idea of active mitigation even further. Those changes are just way too big for 5.4. We'd have to re-itemize hundreds of items, rebalance boss damage, change class mechanics, and so on.

So to summarize: we love active mitigation, and we love that you love active mitigation. We want to push harder in that direction, but we can't fit that in for 5.4. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Patch 5.4 Holy Paladin Changes
    I just posted some info for Protection in another thread (link) but wanted to make sure we got the message across to Holy as well.

We’ve gotten a lot of feedback from the Holy community that there’s too much of a difference between fights where you’re allowed to stand in melee and fights where you cannot. Seal of Insight is a large part of that problem. By removing the mana gains from SoI, we can balance Holy’s mana appropriately. We don’t think the overall impact will be too large, but just to be sure, we’re planning to buff Divine Plea up to 15% for slightly stronger mana-on-demand.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the Glyph of the Battle Healer changes are largely due to how exceedingly powerful the glyph has become for Protection tanks. We do think it will still be useful in some situations, but we also recognize that many Paladins simply like the idea of healing through melee attacks, and that’s something we may explore more fully in the future. If we do, however, it will most likely not be through a glyph.

In regards to the more general concerns about Holy throughput, we do still plan to buff Holy elsewhere to make up for the changes to Eternal Flame. We’re still discussing exactly what those changes will be (which is why you haven’t seen them yet), but to give a bit of insight, we’re not very likely to buff spells like Beacon of Light or Holy Radiance. When we do make changes, they’ll probably be to spells like Flash of Light, Divine Light, Light of Dawn, and Guardian of Ancient Kings.

Again, please keep in mind that the PTR is a development environment, which quite often means you’ll see incomplete parts of overall changes as work continues. We really appreciate constructive and precise feedback about your concerns – letting us know exactly what is or isn’t working is a lot more effective than hyperbole. Thanks!

For clarification: as I said, we're still discussing exactly how to compensate for the Eternal Flame change. The handful of spells I listed were just possibilities. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Patch 5.4 Warlock Changes
    Archimonde's Vengeance has been further adjusted, as you'll see in a forthcoming PTR build. We agree with the general concern about incentivizing a pure DPS class to seek out sources of damage and make healers' lives harder in exchange for a damage boost. Even though we can filter out "standing in the fire," so to speak, and plan to do so for tank Vengeance as well, there are plenty of cases that can't be easily handled (e.g. Lei Shen's Thunderstruck, which isn't really avoidable damage, but where a warlock with the current PTR Archimonde's might find it optimal to stand just close enough that they barely survive it, rather than properly trying to get far away).

The current plan is a replacement that will make Demon Soul significantly more potent, though, of course, that is subject to change, it being PTR and all. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Fan Art
    Blizzard featured Dmitriy "Tamplier" Prozorov and his diverse Blizzard fan art this week, along with a nice Q&A to go with it.

THe titan themed set is fantastic. I will be getting it.

Ordos is gonna be a fun fi... er, Majordomo Staghelm will be a fun fight.

Oh cool look Shamans are getting Mage gear! <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shaman set is cool looking...but I don't see how it represents a Shaman in any way at all. I see that as a trend with a lot of this expansion's sets.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    So ordos will now be the oondasta of this patch, and oondasta was supposed to be the galleon of earlier patches.

I sense it will be nerfed almost instantly like every other world boss, hard world bosses just don't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the shaman set but like others have said, I don't look at it and immediately think shaman. I'm kinda worried at how the monk set will look, but I really hope for something new than the traditional Asian helm that we've gotten the past two tiers. Can't say I'm overly impressed with the designs for this newest tier so my expectations are rather low, sadly. :/ Part of me still holds out hope that I'll end up being pleasantly surprised though.

Wait am I reading that right? In order to kill this world boss you have to have the legendary cloak? What the crap?

Ordos seems stupidly weak...

Stack up on magma crush unless you got the explosive debuff. Otherwise stay spread. Move from fire and have a rotation on the orbs...

WoW that was a ton of tactics needed to kill him... Since you need the legendary cloaks to get there you can also just bring a couple of tanks and tons of rdps at over 20 yards. Each time a tank soaks the magma crush alone with the proc.

It is just a silly dps race, nothing more

That priest fanart pic is awesome! (Is it a priest?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kataroku View Post
    That priest fanart pic is awesome! (Is it a priest?)
    It's Archangel of Hope from diablo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalanos View Post
    Wait am I reading that right? In order to kill this world boss you have to have the legendary cloak? What the crap?
    seems like it, have to step ma game up abit then!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Quote Originally Posted by Destruktio View Post
    So ordos will now be the oondasta of this patch, and oondasta was supposed to be the galleon of earlier patches.

I sense it will be nerfed almost instantly like every other world boss, hard world bosses just don't work.
    Except you need to have the new cloak from patch 5.4...
    So no more undergeared alts, random people, and all of that stuff.
    From a first glance at his abilities it seems it just needs some voice coordination. That 5 minute enrage though...
    We have to wait and see I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like the shaman set, looks like it belongs to a mage.

Deleted
    Love that shaman set (although can't help feel it's more suited to Mages?) Either way, great looking set.

Burning Soul - Inflicts 50,000 Fire damage every 1 sec. for 10 sec. On expiration, the player explodes, inflicting 300,000 Fire damage to players within 8 yards and knocking them up.
    They absolutely had to word it like that, didn't they? >.<

i am really digging ALL that art!~

and hello again Maiev!

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the worst possible shaman looks ever! I am pretty disappointed, the colors dont fit, the feather sides with the out of this world shoulders don't have any relation. Can someone tell me why the artist who thought of that isn't fired yet? He and the whole crew who approved it.

The tier 16 should be related to sha of pride and garrosh. dead wolves with the tongue out :P as shoulders perhaps..or something that resembles the wood with pikes that Garrosh has as shoulder. Or something different. But not this, its like if you got a moonkin crossspecied with a mage and this came out :P

Deleted
    Love the fanart!

God the shaman set looks awful