Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    I made the "mistake" of tweeting GC that he and the Devs don't know what they're doing anymore when it comes to mages. He replied with "my intent to come on twitter is not so you can insult me". Apparently he doesn't like being told that he's slacking.

Criticism is good, even if its hard to swallow. How else are we going to get stuff done? Well, we probably won't by the looks of it...
    What part of that was constructive criticism? Is that actually exactly what you said lol? If so I can't believe he even responded to you at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made the "mistake" of tweeting GC that he and the Devs don't know what they're doing anymore when it comes to mages. He replied with "my intent to come on twitter is not so you can insult me". Apparently he doesn't like being told that he's slacking.

Criticism is good, even if its hard to swallow. How else are we going to get stuff done? Well, we probably won't by the looks of it...
    That wasn't even constructive criticism at all. You were being rude.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That wasn't even constructive criticism at all. You were being rude.
    May have been rude, but to be fair, he's right and it is the truth.

I tried to take over that tweet in a more "wtf? why aren't we getting any changes" direction.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

I tried to take over that tweet in a more "wtf? why aren't we getting any changes" direction.

Implying they don't care is worse. The guy kind of hijacked your question where you might of gotten a response. I don't have a problem with your ask. Just saying they don't know what to do well, isn't constructive either. Maybe they need ideas, there is no shame in that.

@RoPidea: No thanks, I even in Sniper training, I don't like it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Be as it may, it was rude and he is on twitter answering questions just cause he likes it. He ain't forced to do it. Sure you may be right, but Twitter is not the way to ask the "why ain't something done" questions..

Source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...80791389716480

(Me) @Ghostcrawler @Mastamage Excuse Masta, he's a bit pissed (as I am, though to be fair). If you can overhaul warlock talents, why not Mage???

(GC) @Polarthief It's just a matter of degree. KJC and AV risked breaking all of our encounters.

/sigh

(Me) @Ghostcrawler Encounters risk breaking Mages' mentality when using IW and RoP. We feel neglected as hell and have been reporting since beta.

^ because I had to.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

That wasn't even criticism, that was straight up rudeness. That's not how you get devs to acknowledge mage problems, sorry man. Good to know you're keeping our (mages) stereotype going strong though!

Some off-topic if that's possible in a no-topic thread.

What if there was an Arcane proc (baseline or talented), that single-target direct spell critical hits had a chance to make your next Arcane Barrage not consume Arcane Charges and not trigger its 3 sec cooldown, but give you 1 charge instead? Still benefitting from existing charges in terms or damage and number of targets. Wouldn't that be a nice proc to liven up the rotation, increase mobility a little, improve AOE outside of multi-dotting and to give Arcane Barrage some love for having such a beautiful animation? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    Some off-topic if that's possible in a no-topic thread.

What if there was an Arcane proc (baseline or talented), that single-target direct spell critical hits had a chance to make your next Arcane Barrage not consume Arcane Charges and not trigger its 3 sec cooldown, but give you 1 charge instead? Still benefitting from existing charges in terms or damage and number of targets. Wouldn't that be a nice proc to liven up the rotation, increase mobility a little, improve AOE outside of multi-dotting and to give Arcane Barrage some love for having such a beautiful animation? What do you think?
    So two procs for Arcane, similar to two procs to Frost?

Meh. Too much proc-based shit we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    That wasn't even criticism, that was straight up rudeness. That's not how you get devs to acknowledge mage problems, sorry man. Good to know you're keeping our (mages) stereotype going strong though!
    You guys thought it, I actually said it. He needs to know how badly he pissed people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    but if I can spend 3 minutes and come up with a change that's even marginally better, how hard can it be for someone that does this for a living to find something suitable?
    As someone who's been working in the software design and development, it really bugs me when someone says something like that. Just because it looks easy to you, doesn't mean it actually ius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    As someone who's been working in the software design and development, it really bugs me when someone says something like that. Just because it looks easy to you, doesn't mean it actually ius.
    The point is that it's easy to come up with ideas, and there's no way that every single one of them is difficult to implement. I understand that some things are complicated and time-consuming, but there's no way that the current incarnations of our 90 talents are impossible to fix without some massive undertaking. And if they were, then Blizzard should have known better to build something that is so difficult to fix in the first place.

I see it as the old "rock and a hard place", if Blizzard even hints that they are going to rework mages 6.0, then the mage community is flipping shit as to why not now. Versus the deafening silence that has created a pissed off mage community. Think they are opting for the later figuring either way mages are PISSED but we'll stick to see what 6.0 brings and that is there chance to go all pink ponies and rainbows with mages.

Personally I believe those 90 talents are just to ingrained into mana and Arcane spec to even touch the damn things outside of an expansion. My thinking is they will move us to a resource (think holy power, burning embers for example) with 6.0

Having said all that, Frost is such a no brainer to tweak for 5.4

-- keep current PTR mastery and add "All your spells do .15% addiotnal damage per percentage of Mastery excluding FoF and BF procs" Viola at base mastery all Frost mage spells do 2.4% additional damage. At 50% mastery it would be 7.5%. Heck if those numbers are too much, drop it to .1, that would be 1.6% at base and 5% at 50%. That isn't a huge change, mastery already did that before sans the .15% part. This would give another secondary stat value to frost mages, also wouldn't be too much because Frost is already behind Fire/Arcane in raids.

-- eliminate that 3 stack debuff and bake damage into Ice Lance, Frost Bolt and Water Elly FB

10+ Year Old Account
    So two procs for Arcane, similar to two procs to Frost?

Meh. Too much proc-based shit we have.
    There's a lot of proc stuff everywhere these days, not just mages.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Having said all that, Frost is such a no brainer to tweak for 5.4

-- keep current PTR mastery and add "All your spells do .15% addiotnal damage per percentage of Mastery excluding FoF and BF procs" Viola at base mastery all Frost mage spells do 2.4% additional damage. At 50% mastery it would be 7.5%. Heck if those numbers are too much, drop it to .1, that would be 1.6% at base and 5% at 50%. That isn't a huge change, mastery already did that before sans the .15% part. This would give another secondary stat value to frost mages, also wouldn't be too much because Frost is already behind Fire/Arcane in raids.

-- eliminate that 3 stack debuff and bake damage into Ice Lance, Frost Bolt and Water Elly FB
    And the result? Frost (and fire) would be the easiest specs in the game. We dont have resources to manage. We dont have stacks to manage. We dont manage anything. All we have to do is keeping our lvl90 up. If we loose that the specs would be nobrainer at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's a lot of proc stuff everywhere these days, not just mages.
    Oh I'm aware; I have 6(?; lost count lol) 90s atm, so I definitely know about procs on many classes; I just feel like we're SO heavily proc-based across all 3 specs that we really don't need more.

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys thought it, I actually said it. He needs to know how badly he pissed people off.
    I haven't thought it. You can't insult people for doing their job just because you don't like the way they do it. A waiter isn't slacking just because he's dealing with other customers. YOU are not the only thing in this world. YOU are not special. YOU came off as an entitled douche which ultimately hurts the community YOU are trying to talk for, albeit extremely poorly and sophomorically.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    And the result? Frost (and fire) would be the easiest specs in the game. We dont have resources to manage. We dont have stacks to manage. We dont manage anything. All we have to do is keeping our lvl90 up. If we loose that the specs would be nobrainer at all.
    Fire already is up there, so wouldn't see much of a difference in that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Fire already is up there, so wouldn't see much of a difference in that.
    ??
    Fire and frost are from side of the baserotation the same:

Manage the Dot.
    Cast Filler
    Wait for procs
    Handle procs.
    Cast Bigger CDs and try to get the most with them out of trinkets etc.

Only the last point is the real difference because Fire only has one big CD aka Combustion, while Frost has Orb and IcyVeins. (AT and Mirror is for both).

Thats really not great in terms of deepth. Really only the last point brings some way to finetune things. The first 4 are boring as hell.
    But other classes have the same:

Cast Filler
    Handle Procs
    Handle Shorter DMG-CDs
    (The following only belongs to Frost and Fire!!)
    Beside that nearly every DD-spec has some sort of secondary resource to manage. We nearly dont have.
    We have mana, but the ways to get mana back are ridiculus. If the 90s wouldn't get dmg everyone would take IW and never ever think about anything.
    So we get a buff with different ways to obtain and maintain. Thats our global ressource. It isn't blue or yellow but we need it and it is something to decide wether a mage is good or bad.
    I dont say its the best (or only) solution. I only say they won't take it away without compensating. And compensating needs some bigger overhaul.
    It needs something to manage: Mana for arcane, ((heat) for fire) and only Blizz knows what for frost. And this is not done in one patch.

@Tomathan
    It seems you disagree with almost anything others write. What's your point? That the devs shouldn't do anything for Mage class until 6.0 and then they should tweak t90s a little to untie them from mana management, but not rework them completely so the class doesn't lose complexity and add some resource to manage to every spec?

GC already said that they don't plan any Warlock-scale overhauls for the next expansion, Hunters and Rogues need the most work to differentiate their specs and no class or spec will receive a new secondary resource if it doesn't have that already. One can argue that Arcane already has almost a resource in a form of Arcane Charges so there's still a possibility, but it is fairly certain that GC doesn't have any new Fire/Frost resources on the table for 6.0.