Page 4 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    I actually have a similar idea concerning Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel. Only I suspect it's not really moving through time, but keeping them in some type of stasis. The reason being that atleast Natsu and Gajeel might be old (if you remember the Fairy Tail battle with Laxus, they were stuck behind the runes). So more along the lines of what happened with the 7 year timeskip.
    I still can't agree with these ones. We already KNOW that the dragons are NOT extinct. Also I feel it likely has something to do with Lucy's mother disappearing which could mean time magic but I unno....

Also Edolas wouldn't have had a Natsu Gajeel OR Wendy if the time skip wss true barring no thinking out and I just don't see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I still can't agree with these ones. We already KNOW that the dragons are NOT extinct. Also I feel it likely has something to do with Lucy's mother disappearing which could mean time magic but I unno....

Also Edolas wouldn't have had a Natsu Gajeel OR Wendy if the time skip wss true barring no thinking out and I just don't see that.
    I didn't mean that the dragons were extinct. As far as I'm concerned, they could be like guardians while the DS were in the stasis and started raising then recently. After all, we have no idea how old dragons can become (I think).

I agree with the connection with Layla. It's too much of a coincidence that she died when the dragons disappeared. This doesn't really affect my theory that much though. When we know what exactly her connection to the dragons is, then it might.

As for Edolas, you make a fair point. However, there were some big differences between Earthland and Edolas. For example, Edo Wendy was much older. This means that, at the very least, their ages can differ. So to me, it's plausible that Wendy, Natsu, Gajeel, Sting and Rogue might actually be a couple hundred years old through the stasis thing, while they are only like 18 or something in Edolas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mean that the dragons were extinct. As far as I'm concerned, they could be like guardians while the DS were in the stasis and started raising then recently. After all, we have no idea how old dragons can become (I think).

I agree with the connection with Layla. It's too much of a coincidence that she died when the dragons disappeared. This doesn't really affect my theory that much though. When we know what exactly her connection to the dragons is, then it might.

As for Edolas, you make a fair point. However, there were some big differences between Earthland and Edolas. For example, Edo Wendy was much older. This means that, at the very least, their ages can differ. So to me, it's plausible that Wendy, Natsu, Gajeel, Sting and Rogue might actually be a couple hundred years old through the stasis thing, while they are only like 18 or something in Edolas.
    About Edolas wendy I don't think she's older so much as she actually developed fully...Think about it Wendy knew Jellal as a kid when they both were if I recall right...And yes there are differences but that's what makes AU arcs so much fun.

I think backwards time travel is more likely...Sorta set things up and maybe even be the first dragonslayers.

Actually I wonder if dragons and celestial spirits might not be connected.

10+ Year Old Account
    About Edolas wendy I don't think she's older so much as she actually developed fully...Think about it Wendy knew Jellal as a kid when they both were if I recall right...And yes there are differences but that's what makes AU arcs so much fun.

I think backwards time travel is more likely...Sorta set things up and maybe even be the first dragonslayers.

Actually I wonder if dragons and celestial spirits might not be connected.
    Hmm, I disagree with the Wendy thing. According to the Fairy Tail wiki, Wendy is 12 years old and to me Edo Wendy does not look 12. Of course, it's manga so it's possible. Seems like something that you can choose what to believe until there is an official statement.

As for backwards time travel. Yeah, it's definitely a possibility, however I absolutely hate time travel plots because it always turns into an inconsistent mess, so I refuse to even consider it

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I disagree with the Wendy thing. According to the Fairy Tail wiki, Wendy is 12 years old and to me Edo Wendy does not look 12. Of course, it's manga so it's possible. Seems like something that you can choose what to believe until there is an official statement.

As for backwards time travel. Yeah, it's definitely a possibility, however I absolutely hate time travel plots because it always turns into an inconsistent mess, so I refuse to even consider it
    LOL I LOVE time travel and the whole stasis thing just seems to clean to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's official. The Fairy Tail anime is coming back.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ect-relaunched

Happy to see it's not on eternal hiatus.

Edit: Woo, this first chapter has already been released. And we'll get to see one of the Ishgal Gods. Now I'm excited!
    It's already been a good week and there are still 2 chapters left ^^
    Last edited by Turin; 2013-07-11 at 11:54 AM.

Opened first page. Oh my.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see Tartaros will be coming into the fold. GMG was fun, but Oracion Seis and Grimoire Heart were my favorite antagonists for a reason.

Turns out Tartaros is the name of the abyss the Greek gods sealed the Titans in after their great war. Should be in for a fun ride.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of wondering why Natsu and Grey are being requested together, and by several requests. You'd think it would be Natsu and Gajeel, or Grey and Juvia, considering that they were the ones who were usually paired off during the tournament that got them famous.

- - - Updated - - -

2nd chapter is out, and it seems my earlier question was answered.

HOLY SHIT.

Chap 342 spoilers below this post.

Jesus Christ. Mavis is one of the Four Gods in the 10 Wizard Saints, and she along with the other four wizards founded Fairy Tail. WOAHHHHH.

I don't exactly believe that this guy is so weak though. I mean, maybe, but Jura's master was praising them.

Does this mean wizard saints hold their titles even after they die?

- - - Updated - - -

Let's ID those four guys.

Mavis
    Purehito the Grimmoire heart leader
    Tree mother fucker
    That other one looks a lot like Luxus, but I think he's too old to be Marakov. Marakov's Dad?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think those are the four gods, just the four FT founders. The unknown guy could be Makarov's dad. He isn't Makarov himself, after checking the wikia for younger pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Went back and checked, on Chapter 320, they show the silhouettes of the 4 gods. One is clearly the tree guy, two are vague enough to be anyone, but none look like Mavis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just from Walrot's silhouette I could tell he'd look like broccoli.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm happy or disappointed about Walrot. Still, it's a cool link to FT. Seems to be slightly contradicting to what obaba, whatever the name is, once said. She called the Ishgal Gods stronger than Jura. Or I suppose it's just a measurement of skill + power, regardless of it being offensive or defensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Third chapter is out.

I was surprised to see Minerva again so early. At first I thought it was Tartaros spying on them, but on the last page it was saying the guild was Succubus Eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's growing trees in the desert. That's pretty rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Third chapter is out.

I was surprised to see Minerva again so early. At first I thought it was Tartaros spying on them, but on the last page it was saying the guild was Succubus Eye.
    Methinks they're a subsidiary guild to Tartaros, like Eisenwald to Oracion Seis.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-07-11 at 02:34 PM.
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    Minerva......... If there is one character that can just go to hell, it's her. I hope she gets beaten up good as a snack before the main dish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the first few panels that had her, with the speech bubbles conveniently blocking out the face, I suspected it was someone we knew, and for some reason the first person in my mind was young Ultear. However, I reached the Minerva reveal before my mind could come up with a how and why Ultear (or an Ultear look-a-like. Maybe FT pissed off Edolas Ultear and she's on Earthland somehow) would be against Fairy Tail and young again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok am I the ONLY one thinking Tartaros might ACTUALLY BE TARTAROS! As in the actual bloody underworld?

Also massive upgrades inc...Seriously grats gonna get stronger ice magic by learning the secrets of the ice used there and you CANNOT tell me natsu won't eat the eternal flame or something..

Seriously this arc REEKS of upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok am I the ONLY one thinking Tartaros might ACTUALLY BE TARTAROS! As in the actual bloody underworld?

Also massive upgrades inc...Seriously grats gonna get stronger ice magic by learning the secrets of the ice used there and you CANNOT tell me natsu won't eat the eternal flame or something..

Seriously this arc REEKS of upgrades.
    This might actually be the reason Walrot summoned Natsu and Gray. They were the only ones specifically asked for.

Alright, incoming theory:
    Mavis and Zeref pretty much declared war. Mavis realizes however, that Fairy Tail is not strong enough yet to defeat him, therefor, she somehow contacts certain people to help them out (one of which is Walrot). The most important person to power up would be Natsu, simply because Zeref mentioned something about Natsu having to kill him. So Walrot summoned Fairy Tail members who might benefit the most from this particular job in terms of strength.

Now, I actually think that's all reaaaaally unlikely, but still I thought it was a fun thought ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    This might actually be the reason Walrot summoned Natsu and Gray. They were the only ones specifically asked for.

Alright, incoming theory:
    Mavis and Zeref pretty much declared war. Mavis realizes however, that Fairy Tail is not strong enough yet to defeat him, therefor, she somehow contacts certain people to help them out (one of which is Walrot). The most important person to power up would be Natsu, simply because Zeref mentioned something about Natsu having to kill him. So Walrot summoned Fairy Tail members who might benefit the most from this particular job in terms of strength.

Now, I actually think that's all reaaaaally unlikely, but still I thought it was a fun thought ^^
    Actuallly I had the EXACT same thought of it being on purpose.

Also it dawned on me while talking about this on another forum...What if the Eternal Flame id the dragon Natsu got all buddy buddy with during the Dragon Festival?

Think about it an "eternal fire" that watches over the village? Mr fire dragon as a LIVING fire would burn as long as he lives and he'd be a pretty badass guardian to boot.

Plus I kinda got the feeling we might see him and maybe a couople others again.

So yeah mr fire dragon could even semi easily be the Eternal Fire...That or it's a mini sun.