Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Not even close, even pre-Mists Jaina was more powerful.
    Now, this is nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Now, this is nonsense.
    Not really. What have we seen of her? Not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Not really. What have we seen of her? Not much.
    A novel and Warcraft 3 manual. You should read it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Always cracks me up when people put any of the Azerothian villains (i.e. Azhsara, LK, etc.) above KJ/Archimonde in power. I think people don't sometimes grasp how much stronger the latter two are than anything we've faced with the exception of the Old Gods. It literally took Nature itself to kill Archimonde, and Nature pretty much went Kamikaze to the max and detonated a nuclear explosion. Both Archi/KJ require so much power being channeled into a ritual to even be manifested on Azeroth that it generally requires wells of power akin to the Well of Eternity/Sunwell for such a feat to be attempted. Archimonde snapped Malorne's neck like he was a toy - MALORNE's neck, the most powerful of Azeroth's natural guardians - not to mention he destroyed Dalaran (the most powerful magic city in all of Azeroth) by building a sand castle and trampling on it, and his magic is considered to be second to KJ's. Illidan was so afraid of KJ that he literally fled to Outland and sealed all the portals, while he would try to make an army of fel orcs a la Bloodboil style for war in the inevitable reunion.

Don't get me wrong. All the big baddies we've fought so far have been powerful in their own right, and Azshara is probably the single most powerful of all Azerothian born baddies. But, none of them really compare to a fully manifested Archimonde or Kil'jaedan.

This post obviously does not take into account Old Gods or Titans. They are on a different tier, altogether.
    I somewhat agree, but Azshara might actually be stronger than Archimonde. [I don't think stronger than KJ and Sarg.]

Azshara had the strongest magical powers we've record of on Azeroth, Sure, she was empowered by the well, but N'zoth has been empowering her for over 10,000 years, promising her powers stronger than ever before.

The only thing superior to an Old God might be Sargeras.

It took the complete Pantheon to lock them away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Medivh.

10char

nope. i think broxigar would grab his axe and bury it so far in her face that they would have to bury her with it.

actualy think broxigar is pretty much the stongest character in the wow lore (non titan/old god) cus he is the only one to ever make a scratch on sargeras
    There is really no reason to get mad in a discussion. Unless u dont understand basic logic then rage away

Elune is still a true goddess until proven otherwise, and as such would count under the lettering, if not the intent, of the thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brabal View Post
    nope. i think broxigar would grab his axe and bury it so far in her face that they would have to bury her with it.

actualy think broxigar is pretty much the stongest character in the wow lore (non titan/old god) cus he is the only one to ever make a scratch on sargeras
    Broxigar is dead, he won't be burying any axes into Naga faces, also, he's the only one yet to make a scratch, Sargeras hasn't been seen in ages.

EDIT: Also, Broxigar also had the help of Cenarius and Malfurion.
    Having a demi-god empowered axe helps, yo.

Deleted
    EDIT: Scratch that, I misread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What do you mean by powerful? He was a peer of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden (though obviously before they were empowered by Sargeras). But he's a seer, not a warrior - not all power can be used to murder armies.
    Which is where I place Anduin Wrynn. I think he is basically the games version on Med'an Young man, growing up surrounded by persons of great power. Learning from each of them will be of great value to him in the future. He already is quite attuned to the Light, and if i'm correct has a bit of knowledge of the Arcane arts as well. He is training in Pandaria to learn about inner focus and hand to hand combat. He was trained in SW how to handle himself, but not to the extent the Pandaren are teaching him. If they continually have him learning from the greatest of the lands, then he potentially could be a contender in the future.

His powers seem to be of the protective sorts. Just as Mormolyce had said, not all powers are used to murder armies. His power could be a great asset against a powerful foe to keep it at bay. Imagine if he trained with Ad'al and Mu'ru, his holy abilities would be insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara is, lorewise, the most powerful entity upon Azeroth. I dont Even think Nzoth himself can stand against her, (if he is caged like the rest, and we only fight a portion of his body... like the rest). Free willed spirit, Azshara is by far more powerful than anything else out there, even though her people are cannon fodder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Always cracks me up when people put any of the Azerothian villains (i.e. Azhsara, LK, etc.) above KJ/Archimonde in power. I think people don't sometimes grasp how much stronger the latter two are than anything we've faced with the exception of the Old Gods. It literally took Nature itself to kill Archimonde, and Nature pretty much went Kamikaze to the max and detonated a nuclear explosion. Both Archi/KJ require so much power being channeled into a ritual to even be manifested on Azeroth that it generally requires wells of power akin to the Well of Eternity/Sunwell for such a feat to be attempted. Archimonde snapped Malorne's neck like he was a toy - MALORNE's neck, the most powerful of Azeroth's natural guardians - not to mention he destroyed Dalaran (the most powerful magic city in all of Azeroth) by building a sand castle and trampling on it, and his magic is considered to be second to KJ's. Illidan was so afraid of KJ that he literally fled to Outland and sealed all the portals, while he would try to make an army of fel orcs a la Bloodboil style for war in the inevitable reunion.

Don't get me wrong. All the big baddies we've fought so far have been powerful in their own right, and Azshara is probably the single most powerful of all Azerothian born baddies. But, none of them really compare to a fully manifested Archimonde or Kil'jaedan.

This post obviously does not take into account Old Gods or Titans. They are on a different tier, altogether.
    Have to agree with this, people think because we've already killed Archimonde, he was weak. They then put KJ in that boat since he was similar. KJ has always been considered stronger, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Have to agree with this, people think because we've already killed Archimonde, he was weak. They then put KJ in that boat since he was similar. KJ has always been considered stronger, though.
    Like you said Archimonde is ridiculuosly strong. He was killed by the nature herself. That victory was one of the costly victory the world has paid. We lost the world tree. NE paid their immortal life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Like you said Archimonde is ridiculuosly strong. He was killed by the nature herself. That victory was one of the costly victory the world has paid. We lost the world tree. NE paid their immortal life.
    True indeed, DW tore the world open in places. But Archimonde's effect was far worse. The world can be repaired, the immortal soul of the nightelves can never be returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    True indeed, DW tore the world open in places. But Archimonde's effect was far worse. The world can be repaired, the immortal soul of the nightelves can never be returned.
    It's funny how Malfurion always put other things before his people. The decision to sacrifice the world tree was his alone. Leyera and Fandral's rage was justified I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do really like Azshara as a character and I have no doubt she is powerful. I wold put her on the same level as KJ and Archimonde, but I don't think she would beat Sargeras, unless he has some kind of extreme weakness to water. She wouldn't beat the Pantheon either. I think she is more than strong enough to get her own expansion as an end game boss but I also think that she has too much to do with the Burning Legion to not be part of a Burning Legion expansion instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say there that the potential for power of Azshara (as a highborne elf mage) is about equal to the potential for power of Kil'jaeden and Archimonde (as Eredun [proto-dranei] warlocks [or whatever ever they were, class-wise before they were warlocks]).

The real difference is the KJ and Archi are a little older. but at the scale of 10s of the 1000s of years, i am not sure how important that it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Ah, well, N'zoth is the supposed drowned God, He created the nightmare because N'zoth supposedly is the god who sleeps.

The Black Forest might be "A forest of dead trees" inside [the dead husk of] the old demi-god Nya'lotha. [Like Nespirah and L'ghorek]
    At the bottom of the Abyssal Breach.

Maybe the Abyssal Maw raid will be made into the first tier of the Naga expansion, rendering us able to get near Nya'Lotha and the nagas.

The Abyssal Breach definitely has a link to N'zoth and Azshara since there's faceless ones and naga bulking about.

EDIT: I'm 100% sure we'll need to go through the Abyssal Breach, into the Elemental Plane of water, Azshara is definitely hiding there since she has Neptulon's Trident, and the fact that Neptulon got kidnapped by Ozumat.
    The Old God's are obviously taken from H.P. Lovecraft's writing, and with so many similar details, we can probably look to his stories for hints as to what some of this stuff means.

Nya'lotha is a perfect match, in terms of how its been mentioned thus far, for the sunken city of R'lyeh. R'lyeh was a massive stone city of strange proportions and architecture that literally sunk to the bottom of the Baltic Sea eons before man walked the earth. It was actually the resting place of Cthulhu (who seems more comparable to N'zoth than C'thun in every way, despite the name, from what we know so far), and he slept there for eons between periodically emerging to stir up chaos. The names they've chosen for the Old God's in WoW has thrown the story off a bit, but they've been keeping with a lot of similar ideas. Similarly, the "black goat with seven eyes" quote from the puzzle box was a spin off of the "black goat with a thousand young", a line used to describe another Old God, Shub-Niggurath. The fact that all of the other lines from puzzle box seem to involve N'Zoth implied that it was describing him, but the two don't necessarily have to be linked.

As a side note with some speculation, the thought of Elune being an Old God is actually very interesting. One of the most powerful and well known Lovecraftian Old God's was Nyarlathotep. His primary residence was the moon; he was extremely deceptive, and would entrance humans with shows of light and magic that they thought were miracles. Seems like a decent comparison.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would put her on par with Archimonde or Kil'Jaedan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarolib2 View Post
    The Old God's are obviously taken from H.P. Lovecraft's writing, and with so many similar details, we can probably look to his stories for hints as to what some of this stuff means.

Nya'lotha is a perfect match, in terms of how its been mentioned thus far, for the sunken city of R'lyeh. R'lyeh was a massive stone city of strange proportions and architecture that literally sunk to the bottom of the Baltic Sea eons before man walked the earth. It was actually the resting place of Cthulhu (who seems more comparable to N'zoth than C'thun in every way, despite the name, from what we know so far), and he slept there for eons between periodically emerging to stir up chaos. The names they've chosen for the Old God's in WoW has thrown the story off a bit, but they've been keeping with a lot of similar ideas. Similarly, the "black goat with seven eyes" quote from the puzzle box was a spin off of the "black goat with a thousand young", a line used to describe another Old God, Shub-Niggurath. The fact that all of the other lines from puzzle box seem to involve N'Zoth implied that it was describing him, but the two don't necessarily have to be linked.

As a side note with some speculation, the thought of Elune being an Old God is actually very interesting. One of the most powerful and well known Lovecraftian Old God's was Nyarlathotep. His primary residence was the moon; he was extremely deceptive, and would entrance humans with shows of light and magic that they thought were miracles. Seems like a decent comparison.
    So that would mean that the Night Elves have been fooled this entire time. But for what cause? The priestesses of Elune would have been praying to, and idolizing an old god. At the moment they seem to be untouched by any sort of corruption. Would he have inserted some sort of presence in them similar to how Medivh has/had Sargeres in him? Would he just be biding his time until he needs the Nightelves as his own army to turn against their allies?

Also, it is very easy to connect Lovecrafian lore to that of the Old Gods, but that would also mean that Azeroth is not what it seems..Could be the reason that Sargeres and others are so damn interested in Azeroth and it's inhabitants. Yeah, those on Azeroth have great potential for great power. But are we so rare in the universe? Or is that Azeroth itself is what they are after?