Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Isnt he basicaly stone?
    no he is a flesh mogu

Id say prety weak, nothing like the LK or Illidan. Id say he is Prince powerful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    To me he is just a power hungry fag. Fits the shaman indeed, some sort of mad elemental shaman.
    What the fuck is your problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    People also should note that saying "well guy A beat guy B, and guy B beat guy C, so guy A is better than guy C" isn't always true.

Tirion might have beat the Lich King, but he wouldn't be able to beat the Thunder King.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    WoTA said she was more powerful than Mannoroth, and could possibly even challenge Archimond. But in the lore, even Archimond is described as "a flea" compared to Sageras.

She would have drowned had she not joined with the old gods at the last second. I would say that the LK and Azshara would be a very close match for each other.
    WoWpedia specifies that only Sargeras, Kil'jaeden, and Archimonde could have matched her in terms of power back when she was still a night elf, now that she's been empowered by an old god... I'm pretty sure she's shot ahead of Kil'jaeden and Archimonde. Doubt she could go toe to toe with Sargeras though. I just don't see the Lich King as being on par with Kil'jaeden even when the Lich King was at his strongest.

OT: I think Lei Shen is probably on par with LK in terms of personal power, however LK's empire is at the height of its power while Lei Shen is in the process of trying to rebuild his shattered empire. We've essentially caught one with their pants down (Lei Shen) while when we fought the Lich King we were lured into a trap. At least that's what I understood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

I think physically he was stronger than the LK but overall the LK was stronger
    Let me explain: The LK's best feature is using the slain against his enemies....a veritable unlimited army. He also 'used to be' very cunning...His biggest enemy was himself (if he just unleashed all of his armies he would have conquered azeroth, but he didn't). Yes the TK could also build armies, but he used a machine for that, not his own power and those are limited to the amchine's capabilities...the LK could raise dragons, humanoids and even build new monstrosities.
    But in a 1to1 combat I think the TK would win.

Now as the LK was probably not as powerful as Kill'Jaeden (KJ) and KJ was Sargeras's right hand where Archimonde (AR) was his left (source needed)
    I am thinking that KJ was more powerful than the TK but that AR was weaker than the TK.
    Sure AR required thousands of wisps to defeat him, but in WOTA we read that Azshara was more powerful than Mannoroth and around the same level as AR.
    I seriously doubt Azshara was so powerful back then so that would mean that AR also isn't all that he looked like he was.
    (ofc, Azshara has since been gifted by Old Gods to be a Naga and most likely received a power boost....also Ozumat was her minion and ozumat managed to kidnap the Water Elemental lord...so likely she is more powerful than the LK, AR and KJ...I think she can only be trumped by a fully empowered Old God and Sargeras ATM)

Then there is Illidan...who hmmmm isn't anything special....sure he had the skull of gul'dan...but there was nothing special about his fight....Akama (normal), nameless band of heroes (normal) and Maiev (normal) so...Illidan got killed b a bunch of normals making (at least the LK was defeated by the Light/Ashbringer + Thousands of released souls)

So I'd say this is the power scale (least powerful left, most powerful right):

critters----- Hogger--named npc-----------(WoW players)---lore character----------Varian/Garrosh----------Tirion(/w Ashbringer)/Thrall-Malfurion/Illidan--Velen------AR-------TK-LK--KJ----Azshara(Naga)-----Sargeras--------------------------me
    Last edited by Vasti; 2013-07-12 at 08:20 PM.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Well, when we fight Arthas, he kills us all after toying with us to see how strong we are. When we fight Lei Shen, we kill him without any outside help during the encounter. I mean, he even gets all desperate and angry at the last phase when he realizes he's being beaten.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CursedEmbrace View Post
    Okay...

I do think people under play the amount our characters must have increased in power over the years, not that I'm suggesting we could take the LK without help now, though, who knows really.

One thing I would say is in reply to Adeptus Mechanicus looking Cattlehunter guy is that the LK had a vast near continent spanning empire we had to fight through, which took up the majority of the expansion (including some very interesting (Ulduar) and a less interesting (ToC) diversions), whereas with the TK, he was only just starting to get back into the swing of things, which we, luckily nipped in the bud before he took control of Pandaria again.
    I'd say Raegwyn/minelol being capable of solo'ing LK means that in terms of the player, we have grown far far in strength from that original battle. Sure, those are both above and beyond what typical players are capable of, it still provides a meaningful outlet in terms of how far players have come in terms of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomial17 View Post
    I'd say Raegwyn/minelol being capable of solo'ing LK means that in terms of the player, we have grown far far in strength from that original battle. Sure, those are both above and beyond what typical players are capable of, it still provides a meaningful outlet in terms of how far players have come in terms of power.
    It doesn't work that way at all. The bosses in Stormstout brewery are stronger than Archimonde/Kiljaeden? Yep, makes perfect sense.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    *Tinfoil hat* LK is 83, lei shen is 93. We clearly know who wins this.
    Both are lvl?? (Boss) which means that they are lvl 4 for a lvl 1 player, therefore Hogger as lvl11 mob is stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    During the Crown of the Heavens portion of the Legendary quest line Wrathion states that Lei Shen was using only a fraction of the power he could of used that the machine had the power to create worlds unless Wrathion was exaggerating. Potentially he could of been much more dangerous than he was in the raid.
    The machine was merely running on a low level, Lei Shen could have used this Titan machine to build awesome stuff but i'm not sure if he could make himself more powerful with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say he is on par with the Lich King. Our characters are stronger now then they were back then. (No, I'm not talking about increased levels and XP)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    critters----- Hogger--named npc-----------(WoW players)---lore character----------Varian/Garrosh----------Tirion(/w Ashbringer)/Thrall-Malfurion/Illidan--Velen------AR-------TK-LK--KJ----Azshara(Naga)-----Sargeras--------------------------me[/B]
    Sounds legit!

It's hard to measure like that, but it's pretty accurate.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Pretty funny to see how everyone think he's stronger than Arthas, Illidan, Kael'thas and the likes. Yet, to me (and I don't really know the lore) he seems like a pussy. All those previously named big figures played a huge role in the game and came to interact with the player one way or another. Just based on that (haven't seen him other than LFR) makes me think of him as a disposable boss like Void Reaver.

At best he is on par with Prince Malchezaar. Just some guy.
    Malchezaar isnt just some guy, he is some guy and the legions he commands (also all realities, all dimensions are open to him)

Didn't the Lich King just toy around with us for awhile while he had Tirion on ice........and then kill us all to resurrect us as his army?!!!!!!!! He then just wasn't paying attention and Tirion got out and ended it.

We took down the Thunder King (in the fight) without any help from any major npc's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post

Now as the LK was probably not as powerful as Kill'Jaeden (KJ)
    Just one thing to keep in mind Kil'Jaden Created the origional Lich King, now, thats before Arthas, but, still, i'd say hes more than a bit more powerful, but you are right in your orders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shen is so powerful, he didn't need to find playboy bunnies.. he made them.

buit still, he prpbably meets on a power level of that between cho'gall and the lich king.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Kassadin View Post
    Lore-wise the Thunder King trumps Lich King's power.

Before he even got most of his power, he subjugated Raden, and defeated the head of all the mogu clans. Then with the powers, he dueled and defeated Xuen the white tiger celestial. Then he dies of old age... yeah, the only time he died to someone else was when trolls came along (coincidence? I think not).

Sure he doesn't have the well built back story of most villains, but he's no laughing matter.
    If you actually look at the game mechanics behind his fight as well to further see his true power.

We had to use his own Titan machinery against him to divert the vast majority of his electrical energy. If for some reason he stopped being close to the draining pylons his passive energy discharges would decimate the entire army arrayed against him in seconds.

He is definately powerful on the scale of LK if not more, and I think if it had come to a war between the two, Lei Shen would have steamrolled Arthas, both armies considered.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Illidan kicked Arthas the DK's ass, he wasn't even LK yet. Tirion cheesed it. There's no proof that Azshara inherited Neptulon's power.
    By your definition Tirion would be more powerful than the LK.
    Azshara is empowered by N'zoth the same as Deathwing. Deathwing was pretty much up there with Kil'jaeden and Archimonde (what with causing the Shattering with just his emergence). The Lich King pales in comparison to all of them considering he was the pawn of Kil'jaeden.

Thunder King is probably just as powerful as the Lich King but more evil (yes, I said more evil) because he was willing to use his armies to reconquer and subjugate all of Pandaria while the Lich King was, for all intents and purposes, ensuring that the Scourge didn't annihilate the entirety of Azeroth
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-07-13 at 12:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Far more powerful than Azshara, but less powerful than the LK.
    Azshara is most likely more powerful than Lei Shen, LK, Illidan and everything we've ever faced bar the Old Gods and maybe Deathwing put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewilan View Post
    No doubt both TK and LK are strong.

But when we look at the fights, well… we didn't killed the LK. He wiped us at once. Tirion didn't defeated the LK either. He, with the help of the Ashbringer, broke Frostmourne by surprise and the freed spirits attacked the LK in numbers (hundreds? thousands?). And then still, the LK wasn't defeated yet. There always must be a LK, and there is still one to keep the Scourge in check. Arthas was defeated, with quite a fair amount of luck.

Looking at the TK, not only we defeated him, without help, without legendary weapon, the TK was also using many weapons and that titan machine. And he still felt.

The LK is stronger by the look of the fights.
    Channeling the vast majorty of TK's power back into the Titan machinery is exactly the same as Tirion slicing Frostmourne in two.

I don't see how that makes TK weaker, he is equal at the very least, most likely in terms of raw power, stronger.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..