Deleted

[Guardian] Crit limit?

Hey all druids!

A question about Guardians and Crit:
    Is there a point when Crit becomes less valuable then any other stat?

I am assuming that the druid is hit and exp capped and have enough stamina to not get one shot

Crit loses value when you get to 79% crit. After that haste gives more rps and a little increase in dps, while more crit will give you less rps, but slightly more dps.

And yes, hit and expertise cap is essential if you are going for max rps

Stamina comes mainly from gear, but you can in blues use stam/crit gems if needed, but only do so if you are undergeared.

Deleted
    Isent 79% crit insanely hard to get, or are you counting the extra crit guardians get from bear form?

Quote Originally Posted by Magania View Post
    Crit loses value when you get to 79% crit. After that haste gives more rps and a little increase in dps, while more crit will give you less rps, but slightly more dps.

And yes, hit and expertise cap is essential if you are going for max rps

Stamina comes mainly from gear, but you can in blues use stam/crit gems if needed, but only do so if you are undergeared.
    Any reference that supports this?

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Isent 79% crit insanely hard to get, or are you counting the extra crit guardians get from bear form?
    79% Crit can't be achieved in T15 gear, probably in T16. You can, however, clear it easily with a Rune of Reorigination proc.

As Arielle explained it in another thread, the reason for the number is because about 20% of melee hits are glancing blows, which means the combat table will have only two possibilities at that point: glancing blow or crit (or blocked crit). Additional crit chance won't push more glancing blows off the table. However, stacking more Crit will continue to give you more DPS with your specials and some additional RPS through crit Mangles.
    Last edited by Tarazet; 2013-07-12 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    79% Crit can't be achieved in T15 gear, probably in T16. You can, however, clear it easily with a Rune of Reorigination proc.

As Arielle explained it in another thread, the reason for the number is because about 20% of melee hits are glancing blows, which means the combat table will have only two possibilities at that point: glancing blow or crit (or blocked crit). Additional crit chance won't push more glancing blows off the table. However, stacking more Crit will continue to give you more DPS with your specials and some additional RPS through crit Mangles.
    The highest reachable amount of crit is 73% right now but thats with heroic TF gear.

And 24% will always be glancing, so you need 79% cause you lose 3% against bosses and you end up with 76%.

Crit will still be best dps stat and haste will give you more rps but thats minor.

Deleted
    73% is not the higest i have 76% now and i can still get few upgrades so u can get to 77% whit bis gear

but slightly more dps.
    It gives you a "lot" more dps, not "slightly" more.

It's enough of a difference for it to be an actual choice, although I suspect 10s will continue to go for Crit and 25s will swap to Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by ringstrom View Post
    73% is not the higest i have 76% now and i can still get few upgrades so u can get to 77% whit bis gear
    Maybe with fully upgraded gear. I checked it before 5.3, so you could be right about that.

Assuming you are still hit and exp hardcap.

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    Maybe with fully upgraded gear. I checked it before 5.3, so you could be right about that.

Assuming you are still hit and exp hardcap.
    I have 63% static crit now fully buffed, got a 543 Renataki's today and when it procs I get up to 80%. So I briefly go over crit cap, and significantly over if it happens to line up with my Shado-Pan trinket, which it typically doesn't.

Deleted
    i have full hc gear whit all upgardes
    and whir trinket proc i go to 120%

and yes i have hit and expertis hard cap

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    I have 63% static crit now fully buffed, got a 543 Renataki's today and when it procs I get up to 80%. So I briefly go over crit cap, and significantly over if it happens to line up with my Shado-Pan trinket, which it typically doesn't.
    Keep in mind that the "crit cap" of 79% only applies to white (auto) attacks. Your special attacks will still benefit from crit up to 103%.

I believe the consensus is to only stop stacking crit if you achieve 75-79% static crit (ie: raid buffed but w/o procs).

Raid buffed i sit around 65% crit and when RoR procs, I hit 118%. DroodFocus records my highest crits per encounter and I will max out at 130% some point during the fight when RoR, Renataki, & Dancing Steel all proc.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-07-13 at 01:37 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raid buffed I have 77.23% crit currently so next tier it will be very easy to hit it.