Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wouldn't be suprised if the new character models are gonna cost real money aswell, simply because they're cosmetic...

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Weren't most of these created in the past, backlogged and just piling up for announcement? Hardly seems like they are expending anyone but a person to compile all these screenshots and text together.
    yeah these helmets have been ingame since 5.2
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Also.
    The main problem I have this with is this;
    Who designs this stuff, they complain they didn't have enough people with resources to make good stuff in Cata, now look at them, wasting people making new shinies that can only be obtained with money.
    Awesome time expenditure.
    The 3 items from the shop is nothing compared to the amount of items you get with a new expansion and tier.

Take the mounts for example. There are over 300 mounts in the game, only 5 in the store. That makes up for less than 2% of all the mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    pretty smart move by them tbh
    People want to be special snowflakes.
    How do you let people be special snowflakes? Offer gear barely anyone else has
    Does it effect anyone? Nope. Does it hurt anyone? Nope. It actually helps people that care so much and cry about wanting to be a special snowflake

anyway, its the same except some meh helms. Instead of a mount / pet its a helm. doesnt matter, yada yada. complain when they make you pay to unlock content and still have a sub payment
    also, priceless comments

Also, dear people that say they will quit. stop, just stop. a majority of you wont quit, and they'd make more off the cosmetics and etc then over a handful of people
    Lol yeh, the comments on other sites like Gamespot/IGN are one of a kind

This stuff is why I have zero hope for vr. They are not going to give up the cash they are making off of server transfers, which means they will keep giving those on low population servers a terrible game experience till either they pay up or quit.

Blizzard/Activision is making EA look better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    YES. Some people DO need cool-looking items to enjoy the game. Who are you to say otherwise??

Those are not in-game items............................... are they.
    pretty sure expansions are ingame. and whether lore is found ingame or not its still part of the storyline. also until mists they charged us for new races and classes. they charge us for new zones in expansions. theyve been charging us for items like this since the tcg came out. theres literally nothing on the store they havent been doing for years. only its much cheaper to do it through the store then it is to print thousands of cards
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Me and ppl from my old crew where hyped as fuck about 5.4 coming since that will (hopefully) solve the dead realm problems, but seing as this game is now going even more disgustingly P2W, most of us wont probably return to wow. This is a disgusting method of exploitative behaviour that takes activisions/blizzards greedyness to a whole new level. These absurd practices needs to end immediately.
    Same for me, my crew was all but obliterated the other day flashing wow gang signs on the mean streets of Chicago. We read the recent news about these items being sold in the Blizzard store and that very same day a few of my buddies flipped the F-Out. One of them proceeded to rob a bank, the other one went running through the streets naked screaming (F-U Blizzard, You can't make me spend my money in your online store), before being hit by a car.

Sadly, it's just me playing World of Warcraft, all a lone. I'm a little scared that with these recent changes to the Blizzard store this could be the beginning of the end for the human race. With WowNet formerly known as (Skynet), adding items to the Blizzard store, who know's what's next, maybe advertising the Wownet product over the internet.

We need to send players back in time to warn everyone of the impending dangers, if their is any one out there who's up to the challenge let us know on these forums.

Thanks,

The amount of greed of this company is getting ridiculous. I'm one step from quitting, it's insulting playing a game like this.

I love it how they play it innocent, "we're just doing it to make people happy, it's not for the money"...

Now I understand the strategy behind making most of their last tier sets seriously mediocre...

I know I'm just another whiner. But my problem is not that they're adding cosmetic crap into the store. On average ever since tier 6 majority of sets have looked bland and crap. One of the biggest parts of the game for me was the cool looking sets and was the whole reason why I did raid all the way back to when I got nemesis from BWL on my lock. I just thought that Blizzard were running out of ideas but when I see them add this stuff which looks great where you have to pay for it I think Blizzard should start putting a bit more effort in the designs of new tier sets and stop pumping out the same old boring crap when they are perfectly capable of releasing some good new designs. The sets used to be eye catching which is probably transmog is taking off because there is barely anything I class as good looking that has been released lately. I just think it is poor form of Blizzard when they have just proven they are perfectly capable. Im assuming alot of people wont agree but thats my opinion

Those helmets look like ass so i don't really care all that much. Still a dick move though. I guess Kotick needs a new yacht again.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pretty sure expansions are ingame. and whether lore is found ingame or not its still part of the storyline. also until mists they charged us for new races and classes. they charge us for new zones in expansions. theyve been charging us for items like this since the tcg came out. theres literally nothing on the store they havent been doing for years. only its much cheaper to do it through the store then it is to print thousands of cards
    So you'd be happy to pay extra money to access special lore quests in the game then?

This game is more dead everyday

"New Stuff Coming to the Cartel Mark-err Pet Store this month!"
    -50% off of all transmog items
    -buy a pet, get one half off!
    -obtain the Champion Warlords combat pack for a random chance at EPIC loot!

I can already see that this is the road WoW plans to take. Expect to see a full blown in-game store with other related stupid bullshit by the next expansion, if not by 5.4.

Micro-transactions have no place in a game that brings in over a hundred million per month in revenue from subscriptions alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Well at least they're offering solutions for avoiding having to wear their awful new tier gear.

You do realise there are hundreds of already moggable items in the game right? But yes, the new tier is mostly awful at this point.
    Humans fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.

A lot of people knew this was going to happen, but many refused to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    A lot of people knew this was going to happen, but the drones refused to listen.
    Is it really surprising that cosmetic items are being added after cosmetic items have been released in the past? It doesn't seem like it's new or exciting, besides the fact there is Transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So you'd be happy to pay extra money to access special lore quests in the game then?
    yes if it meant they could afford to have the quest have even more cutscenes, voice acting, and deeper quality storylines in the questlog.

i would gladly pay more for that, questing is my favorite thing to do in this game

Deleted
    I don't understand what the problem is, if you want the best looking armor, go do challenge modes, anyone can get tier gear now with LFR, at least CMs are challenging and offer the best looking gear and is still quite rare. And to be honest, with implementation of LFR, the tier looks have lost their touch, so what I'm looking forward to in next expansion is not tier 17 or 18, but CM sets!

Also, don't be so childish, let them get their money. That only means the game will live longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes if it meant they could afford to have the quest have even more cutscenes, voice acting, and deeper quality storylines in the questlog.

i would gladly pay more for that, questing is my favorite thing to do in this game
    And you don't think that should be included in the the monthly subscription fee you're already paying?