Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    How I think it went down

"Hey Jim, I made these here helm effects for the meta gems you get in 5.2"

"Oh shit, these are good, nah nah.. save them, we'll uhh.. use em for something else"
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Pure appearance gear? God i wish wow would stop copying rift and think of something original, first corgis now this....... (Btw for the rabid people who over react, that was a joke....)

But really, cash shop in sub game? It really is taking the piss. The charity mounts ok, i can deal with, but this is pure greed.
    Last edited by mmoc7b2c979220; 2013-07-13 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    So what if it doesn't affect me? It affects the overall quality of the game, which I ACTUALLY care about. F**k me, right?
    The overall quality of the game IMPROVES the more blizzard is keen on keeping WoW fresh with new high-quality content.
    Things such as this store will definitely make blizzard more interested in improving WoW, upgrading it's engine or whatever else.

You can not like something (that is your personal stuff) but it makes EVERY possible sense for blizzard to implement thiss store - and the positive sides of the store FAR outweigh the negative 'QQ' that players do.

Just look at all the mounts and pets that are being sold now, people were 'QQ'ing about them back when they were implemented - and they have become a huge monetary gain for blizzard that greatly helps in keeping WoW's content FAR above any of the "top 10 MMOs" out there (and i played them all).
    Plus why not keep the game looking fresh and sparkling with new minor content, be they pets or mounts or special effects...

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Blizz needs to sell weightloss pills, tampons, and tissues in their store. From 90% of the posters I see in this post those items would sell well.
    So very true. Blizz isnt MAKING anyone buy these things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I don't get it. Are people upset because they don't have the money to purchase the items? Or is it because they want the items to be something that is rare ingame?

Another reason?
    I'm also wondering this. If the player next to you has a transmog helmet from the ingame store, it doesn't make him or her any more likely to beat you in a duel. So I too think it's just jealousy.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Except it doesn't affect the overall quality of the game.
    Yes it does. Instead of making these items purchasable with real money, they could have added engaging quest chains that yield them or just make them drop from high end bosses. That way they would be accessible to EVERYBODY, not just those with deeper pockets.

""The overall quality of the game IMPROVES the more blizzard is keen on keeping WoW fresh with new high-quality content.
    Things such as this store will definitely make blizzard more interested in improving WoW, upgrading it's engine or whatever else.

You can not like something (that is your personal stuff) but it makes EVERY possible sense for blizzard to implement thiss store - and the positive sides of the store FAR outweigh the negative 'QQ' that players do.

Just look at all the mounts and pets that are being sold now, people were 'QQ'ing about them back when they were implemented - and they have become a huge monetary gain for blizzard that greatly helps in keeping WoW's content FAR above any of the "top 10 MMOs" out there (and i played them all).
    Plus why not keep the game looking fresh and sparkling with new minor content, be they pets or mounts or special effects...""

sorry. couldn't quote your message for some reason, had to copy it.

anyway....the content would be kept even FARTHER ABOVE ANY OTHER MMO if these items were obtainable through ingame mechanics!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OxTank View Post
    So very true. Blizz isnt MAKING anyone buy these things.
    I think blizzard needs to sell big picure goggles, I can take any item in the store and tell you where it would have fit. and fit well in the game. and that the item came out at the same time

shiney horse = alagon

Chromatic = heroic deathwing

Guardian = cata collectors (Worst collectors bin ever)

Bat = Mete for Thunder king

TCG items... = TCG

new helms = mete gem effects

pets = actually being in game
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    How I think it went down

"Hey Jim, I made these here helm effects for the meta gems you get in 5.2"

"Oh shit, these are good, nah nah.. save them, we'll uhh.. use em for something else"
    Blizzard decides what will be used for what on the "drawing board" phase - you do not get to be a multi billion $ company by doing random things like the one you are suggesting.

Anyway you fellas need to realize that this is business, not "care bear fairness hour", and that you can either play wow or leave it.

Blizzard decided about this store stuff YEARS before even the first pet/mount got sold, and they are definitely not going to change their extremely successful business model over a tiny minority of deluded and uninformed customers...

Deleted
    or just make them drop from high end bosses. That way they would be accessible to EVERYBODY, not just those with deeper pockets.
    Guess more people have "deep" enough pockets to shell out $5 than those who want to raid heroic bosses etc.

Also, how are those things different from the TCG stuff? I mean...you don't really think that a lot of people owning this things actually collected card boosters until they got it, do you?
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-07-13 at 09:27 AM.

Quit the game a year and a half now, my only regret is that i didn't sold the account back when it was worth something, not likely i will ever come back again, for reasons non-related to wow, but damn i looked at the new tier, and then the stuff they sell , its clear they are making things worse so you can buy with money the "cool" stuff. I would like to have a transcript of the meeting to see how they explained to the artists making this stuff how is this actually going to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go, indeed. Instead of making the game more enjoyable as a whole and improving what's lacking, they bring out pets and more items in the store to cover the losses which some people are addicted to buying. Disappointed, but at least it's not something that affects power ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Blizz needs to sell weightloss pills, tampons, and tissues in their store. From 90% of the posters I see in this post those items would sell well.
    Quoting this because it's probably the best comment in this thread so far. Right on ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I'm also wondering this. If the player next to you has a transmog helmet from the ingame store, it doesn't make him or her any more likely to beat you in a duel. So I too think it's just jealousy.
    I think this is blatant ignorance. I don't know why people keep pretending like no one has any reason to be upset about this to be politically correct or who knows what with Blizzard. This is a completely selfish move, just like the introduction of pets and mounts in the store were, and maybe this time people will actually see it a little more.

Item Stores work in Free to Play MMO's because they are just that, free. They make their income off of cosmetics, and that is how they make a profit. Thus they dedicate time to make cool things for the item shop.

Now World of Warcraft has, and most likely always will be a Pay to Play. The reason they have claimed since the start of WoW for charging is for development fee.s Now if they are taking these fees and turning around to produce things that are not available in the game, there will be people that feel ripped off. They SHOULD have spent that time making something else, for example any better job on the upcoming tier sets. The items could have been created for the game itself, but instead they are charging yet again the player base that pays them every month.

They already make money every time we want to change servers and factions on top of our subscription fee. They already charge us for faster and faster expansions now. They already sell us pets and mounts in the store that you can't get anywhere else as they don't share a model with anything in game. Now they are moving to cosmetic gear as well. The model is just shit and they get away with it because people never speak with their wallets and just refuse to buy the damn things. If people didn't buy them, they would just put them in the game to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does. Instead of making these items purchasable with real money, they could have added engaging quest chains that yield them or just make them drop from high end bosses. That way they would be accessible to EVERYBODY, not just those with deeper pockets.
    They just wouldn't have made the items. The items are made with the intention that they'll go on the Blizzard store.

anyway....the content would be kept even FARTHER ABOVE ANY OTHER MMO if these items were obtainable through ingame mechanics!
    There's plenty of content OBTAINABLE through in-game means. And a lot more of it, too, from transmog gear to pets to mounts.

What about TCG mounts? Hmmm? Did people complain about those? Each and every one of those were "work that could go towards other things," and they've been doing the TCG thing since... what, Vanilla WoW? And you had to pay real money for those. A hell of a lot more than 25 dollars, that's for damn sure.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-13 at 09:31 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

""The overall quality of the game IMPROVES the more blizzard is keen on keeping WoW fresh with new high-quality content.

Plus why not keep the game looking fresh and sparkling with new minor content, be they pets or mounts or special effects...""

sorry. couldn't quote your message for some reason, had to copy it.

Dude... NOTHING of the "payed" content would be made if what you were saying was true.

Blizzard (like every serious company out there) has YEARS (even DECADES) of planning ahead - they probably have a separate detachment of Art/Programmers that are hired ONLY to make these things.
    If blizzard did not sell these items in this way, they would have neither made those items nor would they have continued paying those employees.

Not to mention that you are also asking for complex chain quests that provide you these items, which incur even more cost...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Blizzard decides what will be used for what on the "drawing board" phase - you do not get to be a multi billion $ company by doing random things like the one you are suggesting.

Anyway you fellas need to realize that this is business, not "care bear fairness hour", and that you can either play wow or leave it.

Blizzard decided about this store stuff YEARS before even the first pet/mount got sold, and they are definitely not going to change their extremely successful business model over a tiny minority of deluded and uninformed customers...
    Jokes... lost on 90% of the mmo champion community

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Dude... NOTHING of the "payed" content would be made if what you were saying was true.

Blizzard (like every serious company out there) has YEARS (even DECADES) of planning ahead - they probably have a separate detachment of Art/Programmers that are hired ONLY to make these things.
    If blizzard did not sell these items in this way, they would have neither made those items nor would they have continued paying those employees.

Not to mention that you are also asking for complex chain quests that provide you these items, which incur even more cost...
    you realize they have like.. only 100 programmers right? And we have proof they are short people. And no, they do not plan ahead this much.

I'm just gonna leave this here "Do you want this? Or would you rather have a new raid?" - every blue ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Guess more people have "deep" enough pockets to shell out $5 than those who want to raid heroic bosses etc.

Also, how are those things different from the TCG stuff? I mean...you don't really think that a lot of people owning this things actually collected card boosters until they got it, do you?
    The TCG items weren't put on an inexhaustible shelf for everybody and their mother to pick up. There was a finite quantity of them available, which actually made them VANITY items. With these store items there will come a point where they will be shunned by everybody because everybody will have them, thus effectively ruining the point of the exercise, at which point people will realize they were manipulated and say to themselves: "why did I buy this again?"

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they keep it unique to the store, like they don't add the same items in game which you can earn if you do a certain task, then I'm cool with it.
    Currently Procrastinating

Deleted
    Dont people get it? The more people buy "the useless stuffs" the higher the chance the game will become p2win..

10+ Year Old Account
    The TCG items weren't put on an inexhaustible shelf for everybody and their mother to pick up. There was a finite quantity of them available, which actually made them VANITY items. With these store items there will come a point where they will be shunned by everybody because everybody will have them, thus effectively ruining the point of the exercise, at which point people will realize they were manipulated and say to themselves: "why did I buy this again?"
    Who the hell cares? Do fewer or more people having to pay real life money that, eventually, finds its way back to Blizzard anyway, change the fact that art assets were contributed specifically to an item not obtainable in-game?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-13 at 09:37 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.