Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    There are many items in the store that I like, however I choose not to pay for them because I feel that pixels are not worth real money no matter how pretty they look.

Definition of 'Force':
    to make something happen or make someone do something difficult, unpleasant, or unusual, especially by threatening or not offering the possibility of choice.
    So... are Blizzard offering subscribers a choice if they want an ingame item if its only in cash shop? The definition fits 100% with what Blizzard is doing. They are forcing their SUBSCRIBERS to pay real cash for items that are ONLY available by paying extra. Many might find that unpleasant. Maybe not threatening ... but unpleasant and UNFAIR considering they are already paying money for just getting access to their character every month.

the helms look really nice.. as a person who hates having to find a good helm to xmog.. searching for the perfect one that never seems to drop.. im not much for the flame crown.. but the other 2 look great. still depends on their prices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    So... are Blizzard offering subscribers a choice if they want an ingame item if its only in cash shop? The definition fits 100% with what Blizzard is doing. They are forcing their SUBSCRIBERS to pay real cash for items that are ONLY available by paying extra. Many might find that unpleasant. Maybe not threatening ... but unpleasant and UNFAIR considering they are already paying money for just getting access to their character every month.
    I have been trying to ignore most people in this thread, but I have to react to this.

No one is FORCING you or anyone to do anything, at all, EVER.

These are just like TGC items.

Are you saying you where FORCED into buying trading cards now?

Stop with the total utter bullshit.

You are not FORCED to do anything.

Is there really a Blizzard rep standing behind you with a gun to your head? Going "Buy This Helm Or I Will Pull The Trigger", that is what FORCING you would be.

Just stop pls.

I can understand that some people don't like the fact there is cosmetic items in the shop but please stop with this "I am forced to buy them" total utter bullshit.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH, that skeletal helmet! Do really want it.

Here's a question for you (and I'm serious). How many TCG Loot Cards have you bought?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    lol well if you havent quit now your never going to, be ready to get milked.

Why are people getting so upset?
    If you think it's too expensive, just don't buy it?
    I myself can see all 3 fit my Main/Alts transmogs and will be picking them all up from the shop.
    Great job, Blizz

You misinterpret the meaning of choice. Choice is when there are 2 or more items you can choose from. They can be either different in nature or fall into the same category but with different looks/specifications.

For example, I have a powerful and pretty Toshiba laptop that handles WoW reasonably. However, there are even more powerful and prettier laptops out there in the market. Does it mean I am forced to buy more powerful laptops to play WoW? Of course not, it may be unpleasant and unfair (since I already spent money on Toshiba) but nobody is gonna hurt me if I don't buy another one.

To the topic: Blizzard implemented head items for transmog. You have a choice here! You can either farm another helmet to transmog to or you can buy it from the store. Yes may be to you the store item is more attractive but you can still chose not to buy it (since nobody is holding a gun to your head).
    Last edited by alkyd; 2013-07-13 at 11:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    lol well if you havent quit now your never going to, be ready to get milked.
    You do know its possible to play the game and NOT buy stuff from the store right?

Blizz, NO MORE VANITY!!, Unpopulated servers solution now!!

so incoming transmog and exp boost for cash - next step - gear

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    Why are people getting so upset?
    Back when the Celestial Steed was first datamined everyone agreed that this was the coolest mount ever, and the hardcores couldn't wait to parade this Algalon dropped mount (since it was so cool it just had to be from the hardest boss, and limited to the truly hardcore, right?) in front of their local AH.

But when it was added to the store it suddenly became the ugliest mount they could ever imagine.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitvader View Post
    Blizz, NO MORE VANITY!!, Unpopulated servers solution now!!
    Have you read the 5.4 notes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    The current plan for exp boost is Asia market, because they pay by the hour. They don't really bring in a lot of cash compared to an average EU/US sub, so something extra is needed.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck this garbage.

double dipping is extremely shite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Back when the Celestial Steed was first datamined everyone agreed that this was the coolest mount ever, and the hardcores couldn't wait to parade this Algalon dropped mount (since it was so cool it just had to be from the hardest boss, and limited to the truly hardcore, right?) in front of their local AH.

But when it was added to the store it suddenly became the ugliest mount they could ever imagine.
    Haha, that is so true.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Gear was the next step after paid server transfers.
    Gear was the next step after paid race changes.
    Gear was the next step after pet store pets.
    Gear was the next step after pet store mounts.

So are you sure this time ?
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Creating ugly armor is one thing, but creating ugly armor to attract people in buying cool armor ( which should be default anyway ) is a very bad move.
    I guess they lost more people in subs, and are trying now to compensate the money lost.
    What a shame. We're heading towards the other mmo f2p or p2w pieces of shit.

What a waste of development time, I don't even.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Gear was the next step after paid server transfers.
    Gear was the next step after paid race changes.
    Gear was the next step after pet store pets.
    Gear was the next step after pet store mounts.

So are you sure this time ?
    That's quite few steps there. All of the above were deemed "impossible" or "never to happen" at some point in the past. Are YOU sure that it will never, ever, happen?

There is a saying in my country roughtly translated to this: They piss on him, he cheers that it's raining. Blizzard keep milking, people keep defending them.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I have been trying to ignore most people in this thread, but I have to react to this.

No one is FORCING you or anyone to do anything, at all, EVER.

These are just like TGC items.

Are you saying you where FORCED into buying trading cards now?

Stop with the total utter bullshit.

You are not FORCED to do anything.

Is there really a Blizzard rep standing behind you with a gun to your head? Going "Buy This Helm Or I Will Pull The Trigger", that is what FORCING you would be.

Just stop pls.

I can understand that some people don't like the fact there is cosmetic items in the shop but please stop with this "I am forced to buy them" total utter bullshit.
    I am forced to buy them if I want them. Exactly same goes for F2P games. Fact is that F2P games do it to earn their money and it ALLOWS players to play the game without paying sub. In WOW case... they are both charging sub and then adding F2P like cash shop. Some are ok with that... some are not.

And just because some find it ok... that doesn't mean everyone does. The fanboys are yet again out in force to try to defend these actions and insult everyone that disagrees. Thats what they get away with every day on websites like MMOchampion so ofc that will continue. But that does not mean that ppl that find this F2P cashshop insulting are not fully entitled to feel that way and point out why.