Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When people will start thinking that Blizzard is not a charity but a business with goals to earn as much cash as they can (just like all other businesses out there). If you find peace with that idea, you will find yourself less disturbed by things like pet store.

It's like complaining that automobile companies release new models of cars every year. Or that mobile companies make new phones every year. Isn't that milking too? I am also unhappy that I have to force myself (oh that word again) change my mobile phone every year because new one has better features than previous one.

So Blizzard also creates something new to get more cash. Just deal with it and be happy that they created World of Warcraft at all.
    Last edited by alkyd; 2013-07-13 at 12:17 PM.

Terrible. Helms are awesome but most of the Tier in Mists has sucked. Good thing we pay a subscription fee. Oh wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    Blizzard pretty much bends over backwards for the entire community, listens to almost every single thing that the playerbase demands of them -- and people still have the nerve to say they are ripping us off because of a cosmetic addition to the cash shop?
    Yeah, people like to bitch over nothing. It's pretty amazing actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siq1ne View Post
    Terrible. Helms are awesome but most of the Tier in Mists has sucked. Good thing we pay a subscription fee. Oh wait...
    Dunno, T15 LFR for pally is so amazing I mogged my ret set to it from T6. That's saying something
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    When people will start thinking that Blizzard is not a charity but a business with goals to earn as much cash as they can (just like all other businesses out there). If you find peace with that idea, you will find yourself less disturbed by things like pet store.

It's like complaining that automobile companies release new models of cars every year. Or that mobile companies make new phones every year. Isn't that milking too? I am also unhappy that I have to force myself (oh that word again) change my mobile phone every year because new one has better features than previous one.

So Blizzard also creates something new to get more cash. Just deal with it and be happy that they created World of Warcraft at all.
    I thing the real point is that Blizzard did not create anything new. They just started charging ppl for items that some subscribers are pointing out should be part of the game... not part of the cash shop.

Example.... these helmets could be part of a quest chain that keeps subscribers interested in playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 wow go P2W really soon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    3 Tiers in less than a year? .... Stick to facts. We only have two so far.
    So Siege of Orgrimmar isn't a raid tier? Am I mistaken?
    We're partway through raid testing -- the tier will probably release sometime around August/Sept.

If Siege of Org isn't facts then I must be blind.
    Do you think the next tier is coming out near year or something? lol
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

And yes..... I have the nerve to tell ANY game company that decides to blend the very worst of Sub based game and F2P game together and act like its for the good of the consumer... that they are talking out of their arse and dont give a flying fuck about their consumers.
    Well, I have a Cube World itch to scrath, so I'll leave you with this crazy thought (and it's really crazy so just try to wrap your imagination around it).

Maybe they are experimenting with the shop to see if it can carry the game, before they drop the subscription. You know, in stead of waiting for the subscription model to crash and burn like it did for every other game and THEN have to come up with an alternative.

Yeah I know, crazy. And I know you are going to dismiss it without a rational thought.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2013-07-13 at 12:29 PM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    I thing the real point is that Blizzard did not create anything new. They just started charging ppl for items that some subscribers are pointing out should be part of the game... not part of the cash shop.
    They did not create anything new? Have you checked out the 5.4 PTR?
    I know it's crazy but, its full of new mount/boss/raid models, new tier and season gear, a new raid, new quests (legendary cloak!), new zone, new world bosses, new technology (virtual realms) ... seriously what more do you want? Blizzard to serve you breakfast from your computer chair? ffs. lol
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's crazy but, its full of new mount/boss/raid models, new tier and season gear, a new raid, new quests (legendary cloak!), new zone, new world bosses, new technology (virtual realms) ... seriously what more do you want? Blizzard to serve you breakfast from your computer chair? ffs. lol
    WoW doing the cooking for me IRL would be a nice addition
    But seriously, I totally agree.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Example.... these helmets could be part of a quest chain that keeps subscribers interested in playing.
    No the point is to get more cash from subscribers who can't resist but spend their money on vanity items.

Deleted
    Don't have to buy the hats to perform better, so don't care.

However all those with said hats will become my number one targets in bgs.

So Siege of Orgrimmar isn't a raid tier? Am I mistaken?
    We're partway through raid testing -- the tier will probably release sometime around August/Sept.

If Siege of Org isn't facts then I must be blind.
    Do you think the next tier is coming out near year or something? lol
    Siege of Org is not out. Fact. Lets stick to facts if you are gonna argue a point. Somehow ppl seems to forget that Blizzard staff will be taking summer vacations in July and August like every year so expecting a new patch in that time is very unlikely.

And lets stick to facts....

Cataclysm launched December 7th 2010. Last raid tier of Cataclysm was launched November 29th 2011. That's less than a year as well. And THAT'S a fact.

Just Blizzard slapping the player base one more time. I absolutely loath this type of micro transations on a sub based game. They make sense on f2p games like LoL or PoE... not on a expensive game like WoW.

Oh well, players will just throw money at them, regardless of quality or principles. Good on Blizzard for milking them out.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vivendi have been wanting money from Activision blizard for a while now, according to some media atleast - you can google to find other sources (than the one ill post below) and news explaining how vivendi (majority stock holder in activision) are in need of some money. I figure this is how they plan to do so - So not the end of the world, but simply something that they where "forced" to, aka it happens.

We all can be glad its simply vanity items, and tbh when transmogrification where released, can anyone here honestly say they never tought it would appear items on their store for this feature? - i know i knew it would only be a matter of time, in fact i tought it would of happen sooner.

edit:
    Since i cant post links yet you'll have to find the sources for yourself. "errormsg: You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times. "
    You can start by going to vivendis homepage, click on the press link (far right side) then sub-link "in the media" on the left side, should be something from The wall Street Journal there.
    For another source you can scirmish through some of the comments made on blizzards own post regarding this.

All in all, no need to panic, its buissness and they most likely had to give back or give their stock holder something in return this time around.
    And it's not like blizzard pushes out content for the store, on a daily hell even weekly or monthly basis - so i doubt the world (of warcraft) will suffer from this, or the few hours theyve spent on the design for these items.

And like most store items, they wont be "cool" to have ingame, so no worries - your super awesome raid- pvpgear will still be greater than these in the eye of the beholder ingame.

true, even if you buy the items, you will get bored of them in less than a month. Everyone will, even those who didn't buy them will get bored of seeing them on other players' toons.

Deleted
    poor people just being jealous because they cant effort all them crazy gorgeous transmog-stuff...

Deleted
    BREAKING NEWS! A company is trying to make money and people do NOT like that! pack your pitchforks and lets protest about this!

It seems to me that this is the beginning of a F2P transition. The biggest indicator is the ability to access the store in-game. Rift did the same thing and there was a lot of uproar amongst that community. And, despite their insistence that it wasn't the direction they were going, they wound up F2P as well.

But anyone who thinks that this is setting the tone for P2W is a moron.

Deleted
    If people would stop buying this stuff it would stop. They just give you what you pay for.

Sadly the Sheeple are going to buy whatevery they offer...and the majority of people are sheeples :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    As often is the case in discussions like this, memory served you wrong. Only one of the initial pets were sold for charity.
    I'm not picking sides or anything, but you didn't really adress his point as to Blizz seeing how well their store worked and realeasing more and more stuff on it.
    They clearly expanded it from their original "intentions" for it. (Or it was their plan all along to continue charging a sub and haveing another finger in the online store pie.)

I'm fully expecting several things a month put up there soon enough.

(That bat being obtainable on the store was a slap in the face for me mind you, and the faerie dragon better not be a store mount or I'll be severely dissapointed.)

It's not a real quality of gaming experience thing, but it is annoying since I don't want to splash out extra cash. I hate to say entitled, but I would feel cheated paying twenty euros plus for a mount they could easily have implemented in game.

Meh.