Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I just realised that blizz introduced HATS into game. Warcraft fortress anyone ? I wonder when raid bosses will start dropping crates instead of loot. Key cost only 2$ and you have 1% chance for unusual loot !!!!

Now 3 helmets, tommrow this:
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2013-07-13 at 01:10 PM.

Let me tell you the main reason why many of are upset.
    Blizzard's store has all the good stuff that is acquired paying actual currency. Since we pay $15 per month, we feel all those mounts, pets, and transmogs should be available via in-game means, regardless of how difficult or lengthy it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by stripesrus View Post
    Let me tell you the main reason why many of are upset.
    Blizzard's store has all the good stuff that is acquired paying actual currency. Since we pay $15 per month, we feel all those mounts, pets, and transmogs should be available via in-game means, regardless of how difficult or lengthy it may be.
    Adding to that, they are wasting development time on shit like this, while we as subscribers are paying for content.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just realised that blizz introduced HATS into game. Warcraft fortress anyone ? I wonder when raid bosses will start dropping crates instead of loot. Key cost only 2$ and you have 1% chance for unusual loot !!!!

Ha. That would be really evil - surprised so few have called Valve out on it; I suppose you get immunity of sorts if you are a "fan favorite".

"Gacha" here we come.

Everything is cosmetic why complain. If you put out trite garbage the people will respond as such.

It would have been a nice addition to the achivement system, but yet again poeple will buy this so there is no point to debate if blizzard is right or not , the community has spoken , it is sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    The move troubles me as it did with the celestial horse or other similar store items. But more interesting is that those ventures must have been considered a success for Blizzard to attempt it again in another direction. Meaning they're aware of the backlash and fan discontent this will cause but view it as a loss worth taking for greater gain. This is whats really worrying, the whole notion that this is something that yes the community will complain about but essentially in time will accept and tolerate it. I don't think it's ok at all to do this in a subscription game and it puts the community in poor bargaining position for driving content in their direction when seemingly such a large segment of the fanbase will eat up these vanity items for a pretty significant sum of money.
    I mean for the price of any of the mounts currently in the "pet store" you could purchase The Walking Dead, Faster Than Light, Batman: Arkham City, Hotline Miami, Left 4 dead 2 and Just Cause 2 from steam right now and still have change. It's surreal consumer behaviour to be so invested in WoW that such little developer effort represents such high value to them, its the kind of industry behaviour thats forcing less and less content to be delivered as a base and more in microtransactions and DLC.
    I'm not happy!

Well derp, this is the nail in the coffin for me. Time to bury WoW for good. I did plan to return for next expansion, but if this is what Blizzard is turning the game into, i want no part in it.

I liked the hitching post, till I learned it was limited. Fairly sure when people asked for "TCG-like limited use fun items" they were just asking for the fun items from the TCG. Not something that's limited like the TCG just the fun little items they put out. How silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I, personally, don't see an issue with the pet store (I rarely buy from it, but I like the idea). The items are all purely cosmetic and give you no gain whatsoever in-game. Just for fun and for show.

It's simple really: If you don't like the items, don't buy them. And don't think little of those who do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well well well... now the people that shat on GW2 for having a ingame store with cosmetic items can´t talk trash about that anymore... since this is worse... WoW is a P2P game and Gw2 is B2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Well well well... now the people that shat on GW2 for having a ingame store with cosmetic items can´t talk trash about that anymore... since this is worse... WoW is a P2P game and Gw2 is B2p.
    Is it bad Gw2 has better looking gear to sell than wow?

Must....get...Leoric.....head....

Doesn't mean anything, or that WoW is going F2P with a cash shop any time soon? No. All it means is Blizzard is taking advantage of the fact they can make money off of subs AND people who will buy a bunch of shit from things they put into a cash shop. Almost every other MMO has a cash shop, even though they don't have subs, so they're just following suit.

It'll be stuff like cosmetic and maybe xp boosts and stuff, nothing more with the success of the game. If you want to jump on the idiot train and go ZOMG NEXY DEY SELL RAID GEARZ! Well, I won't even tackle that because..dumb.
    Last edited by chocobo606; 2013-07-13 at 02:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Almost every other MMO has a cash shop, even though they don't have subs, so they're just following suit.
    Then they should also follow suit and drop the subscription fee, but yeah, people won't care and wil buy this anyway so it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by mmoc1448edff70; 2013-07-13 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Since when were cosmetics not a part of the game that we're paying for? Since when were they not included in our subscriptions???

Getting sick of this argument. Without cosmetics this games just a load of maths and RNG, the cosmetics ARE what makes it a game and creates the world. Infact, now we have transmog, cosmetic appearance is JUST as important to a lot of players as the quality of the armour.

Speaking as a Rogue, our latest PVP AND PVE armours have been PISS poor for a long time. Ranging from "really lazy and not thought out" to "a fuckin horrendous mess". Last season we had to look like someone had emptied their KFC leftovers over our heads. Blizzard actually designing cooler armour to sell for an additional cost is an insult.

This is MEANT to be a Pay to Pay model. With Blizzard trying to have a F2P model at the same time, and getting every penny they can from players, is IS a pisstake and disrespectful to those with subscriptions, even if you aren't using that armour.
    Unfortunately for you what people think of the armour is all relative. Since YOU think that the new armour is better than old sets doesn't actually strengthen your argument. I personally think the dreadful and malev sets for rogue are better than those helms. This will be the exact same thing with the mounts. We will say the same things. "Hey those items are rendered nicely, but that guy is a fucking idiot for paying 20$ on that mount". For anyone who has seen alani's mount you would know that that mount is 100% better than anything in the blizzard store.

Quote Originally Posted by goinglohan View Post
    Unfortunately for you what people think of the armour is all relative. Since YOU think that the new armour is better than old sets doesn't actually strengthen your argument. I personally think the dreadful and malev sets for rogue are better than those helms. This will be the exact same thing with the mounts. We will say the same things. "Hey those items are rendered nicely, but that guy is a fucking idiot for paying 20$ on that mount". For anyone who has seen alani's mount you would know that that mount is 100% better than anything in the blizzard store.
    There is nothing relative about the fact that Blizzard are charging ppl for items ... and then charging them sub to be able to wear those items. Not a SINGLE game out there in the current market does that. And that is for a reason. It's total and utter disgrace.

Even F2P games don't sink so low to force ppl to pay a sub to log into a game to use items you bought for real money.

Quote Originally Posted by goinglohan View Post
    no? alanis mount is just the red cloud serpent with a sparkly effect. O_o
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

There is huge difference. You can log into TF2 anytime you want without paying extra to use the items you have bought. WOW is the ONLY game that is planning to let ppl pay for items and THEN force them to pay a sub so that they can wear those items when they want. I repeat. ONLY game on the market.

There is not a single game in a twisted and unprofessional game industry that dares to sink this low.... But Blizzard is ready to.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    There is nothing relative about the fact that Blizzard are charging ppl for items ... and then charging them sub to be able to wear those items. Not a SINGLE game out there in the current market does that. And that is for a reason. It's total and utter disgrace.

Even F2P games don't sink so low to force ppl to pay a sub to log into a game to use items you bought for real money.
    Please reread what I said. The LOOK of the armour is relative. They are selling mounts and the pets in the store right now. What is the difference with COMSMETIC gear? It is not different than the mounts and it will all blow over like that. Also, you can't compare what other games are doing because they don't offer the same thing is what WOW offers, which is why it is sitting at 8 million subs.