When you use an ability that requires you to be in caster form while shapeshifted, the client checks a console variable called "autounshift". If that variable is 1 (true) then it will automatically cancel your form and then cast the ability, if it is 0 (false) it will not unshift you and the ability cast will silently fail.

Since Predatory Swiftness (or Nature's Swiftness) allows the ability to be cast in form, the cast line only succeeds when the player has either of those buffs up.

A simpler form would be to simply set the variable to 0 using the console slash command, then cast the spell, then set it back to 1. The macro I provided is a tad more complicated and instead only sets the variable to 0 if you're in combat, that way you can freely pre-cast a Healing Touch outside of combat without manually having to shift out.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    When you use an ability that requires you to be in caster form while shapeshifted, the client checks a console variable called "autounshift". If that variable is 1 (true) then it will automatically cancel your form and then cast the ability, if it is 0 (false) it will not unshift you and the ability cast will silently fail.

Since Predatory Swiftness (or Nature's Swiftness) allows the ability to be cast in form, the cast line only succeeds when the player has either of those buffs up.

A simpler form would be to simply set the variable to 0 using the console slash command, then cast the spell, then set it back to 1. The macro I provided is a tad more complicated and instead only sets the variable to 0 if you're in combat, that way you can freely pre-cast a Healing Touch outside of combat without manually having to shift out.
    I see, thanks a lot! that's pretty clever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need a macro that casts DK's gargoyle, then 2 seconds after that casts all my cooldowns. Why? Because the gargoyle takes a couple seconds to fly down and start casting

Basically: how to you add a two second delay to a macro?

You don't, at least not without pressing the button manually a second time 2 seconds later. Also, doesn't Gargoyle snapshot? Or did they change that.

You don't, at least not without pressing the button manually a second time 2 seconds later. Also, doesn't Gargoyle snapshot? Or did they change that.
    AFAIK, the snapshotting issues with summoned pets (including Warlock Doomguard and other similar pets) were eliminated a while back. Can't say that I've tested to verify this but pretty sure I've seen some blue posts in the past that directly answered this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, doesn't Gargoyle snapshot? Or did they change that.
    It does not, tested it on dummies and the damage increases as you gain strength (from CDs, buffs, etc.)

Alright, here's a super-basic question that pretty much anyone not retarded (unlike me) could probably answer...

I'm looking for a macro that will attack my target with spell X if I don't have a focus. If I DO have a focus, I want it to attack my focus instead.

I just need that modifier that swaps to the target instead. I already have /cast [@focus] X
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    If my memory serves me, it should be as simple as this (however, if not - then let me know)

I'm at work so I can't test before answering.

Code:
    /cast [@focus, exists] X; X

Yes, that should work, although you can simplify it a little:
    Code:
    /cast [@focus, exists][] Spell
    It's also a good idea to replace "exists" with either "help" or "harm" depending on if you're casting a helpful or harmful spell respectively, that way it won't try to cast on an invalid target if you're doing something different with your focus.

Yes, that should work, although you can simplify it a little:
    Code:
    /cast [@focus, exists][] Spell
    It's also a good idea to replace "exists" with either "help" or "harm" depending on if you're casting a helpful or harmful spell respectively, that way it won't try to cast on an invalid target if you're doing something different with your focus.
    Yup, this worked like a charm, thanks
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Would a macro like this be possible: Cast X damage spell if I have Y buff on me, if not then cast spell Z.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    Would a macro like this be possible: Cast X damage spell if I have Y buff on me, if not then cast spell Z.
    No, that is not allowed.

Question: when I try to heal, I use mouse binds to cast stuff. For example, ctrl+right mouse button casts Binding Heal on my mouseover. I want to keep casting this way, but I have a big problem: when I try to cast Binding Heal on myself by accident, or try to cast any spell on a dead person, the game does not register a target but still tries to select the spell, resulting in a blue cursor (if you know what I mean). Then I have to get rid of it by right-clicking somewhere off my frames, costing valuable time. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Depends on what method you're using to achieve that.

If you're using mouseover macros (or an addon solution that supports a custom macro) the latter problem should be easily solvable, you would want to make sure your spell casts use the "nodead" conditional. Something like this:
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead] Flash Heal
    For Binding Heal, there's not quite as easy a way to work around that because there's no way to compare to units to see if they are the same (at least using a macro). If you're using your unitframe addon to keybind, it's probably possible in theory to make it not accept the keybind on your own frame but I'm not sure if any frames support that functionality.

Deleted
    Alright thanks, I am using clique, but already binding everything to custom macros. I will use 'nodead' then to prevent most of it, and just try to be smart enough to not try and Binding Heal myself

10+ Year Old Account
    I need a macro that lets me cast Cenarion ward on myself without clearing my current target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Alright thanks, I am using clique, but already binding everything to custom macros. I will use 'nodead' then to prevent most of it, and just try to be smart enough to not try and Binding Heal myself
    You can also add a simple "[]" into these mouseover macros - with that, the spell just acts normal if you don't have a mouseover target.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][] Flash Heal

Deleted
    Hey there

I'm trying to find a macro that will either revive or call my pet. Basically, if the pet is dead, the macro should revive it, if the pet is alive but not called, I want the macro to call the pet. I've found some macros that uses modifiers such as shift or control but I don't want that. If it's possible i would like it to work just with one one click and no modifiers.

I can´t test it right now but try this

Code:
    /cast [nopet] Call Pet 1; [@pet, dead] Revive Pet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sobedesce View Post
    I can´t test it right now but try this

Code:
    /cast [nopet] Call Pet 1; [@pet, dead] Revive Pet
    It did not work The game says that my pet is dead. It's not wrong, the pet is dead, but if the macro worked it should start reviving,

Your pet can despawn after it dies, and a unit has to exist for the dead conditional to evaluate to true. I don't think it's possible to work around that.