Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    LFR is a horrible feature and it should never be applied to old raids

dont see the point of wasting devs time by making old raids lfr compatable , i.e. dumb down encounters with no real mechanics that are basicly there as a loot pinyata , keeping in mind that ppl usually leave after one wipe, just so ppl can experience an old raid. old raids are gone ,tuning all or some of them just for lfr is a waste of time imo.

Deleted
    None! Absolutely none.
    Think of some of the most popular raids in WoW. Ulduar and Karazhan comes to mind. Though many would say the opening of the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj, Sunwell, Naxx40 etc. (everyone has different opinions on this, but these seem to be the most popular). What do these have in common? They each had a distinct and stunning atmosphere, tailored music to complete the atmosphere etc. But most importantly, they were hard, required skill, time and dedication.

If LFR had existed for Ulduar, it would not be epic at all. It would be a boring grind. Why? Because everyone would get to see it! Everyone would get to finally kill that bastard General Vesax and reach Yogg-Saron, the god of Death.

I quit just after reaching level 85 in Cataclysm but started again in the Firelands patch and started gearing through Heroics.
    At the end of Cataclysm I had not completed a single raid of the expansion, except one, Dragon Soul, only because it took 30 minutes in LFR. I don't even remember the raid! I don't care about it. It hasn't put a stamp on my memory like Ulduar or Karazhan did, or even Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight or Firelands, raids I didn't even complete.
    Because it required no time, skill and dedication.

You may say that pre-LFR raids should be in LFR because they are no longer relevant. I get that. It's nice to go back to these raids. But keep the filthy hands of LFR away from them. Let them stay epic.

Sorry if this was a rant.
    And also, the location of the raid is a part of the raid. I mean, seeing the Lair of Onyxia in Dustwallow Marsh before entering was kind of epic. Looking at Naxxramas floating above Eastern Plaguelands was also kind of essential to the atmosphere of the raid. So teleporting directly inside the raid with a bunch of strangers makes you miss out on something too.
    Last edited by mmoc283f6e1f7e; 2013-07-14 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenia View Post
    dont see the point of wasting devs time by making old raids lfr compatable , i.e. dumb down encounters with no real mechanics that are basicly there as a loot pinyata , keeping in mind that ppl usually leave after one wipe, just so ppl can experience an old raid. old raids are gone ,tuning all or some of them just for lfr is a waste of time imo.
    Hi! That's not what I was talking about, bro

I was wondering, had LFR been in the game from the start, what raid would you have enjoyed the most in LFR?
    Hope that helps buddy!

Heenk: sorry, but the lfr hate army is just out in full retard force here, they can't read or comprehend or understand the original question at all.

As for the OP question, I'd be torn between Black Temple or Sunwell. Both were awesome fun experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    MC, since then it would have been in the game since the beginning and we woud not have all the weeping and wailing over the loss of imagined prestige now.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Deleted
    I think that ToC should have been with both a 10 and 25 player LFR, on seperate lockouts of course, aswell as ToGC of course having its own 10 and 25 LFR on seperate lockouts. Would have worked great combined with the asian double reset they had (have?).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Seriously if you werent able to run ICC during wotlk aka the PUG expac, you have to be really, horribly and terribly bad
    Or, you know, just didn't want to deal with PUG raid leaders with a God complex.

Also, lol @ all the LFR-QQ. Must be really hard to be unable to get over the whole LFR thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    You said that "so everyone who played through the previous Warcraft games can close that story loop" which implies
    That everyone who played through the previous Warcraft games can close the story loop in a similar environment to its original state.

I did say don't extrapolate from what I say. The rest of your post falls down, sorry.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    Heenk: sorry, but the lfr hate army is just out in full retard force here, they can't read or comprehend or understand the original question at all.

As for the OP question, I'd be torn between Black Temple or Sunwell. Both were awesome fun experiences.
    And you want to destroy those experiences by making them into LFR? I struggle to believe a single experience in LFR can be described as "awesome and fun". That's why so many people answer: None.

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    None. Lfr is horrible so I dont lament the lack of lfr for any raid.
    Agree with this fully.
    LFR has its place in the game and we have to accept it.. doesnt mean we have to like it though =/
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

I wouldn't have cared for an LFR version of any raid. The ones that I didn't get to raid at the time seemed far more mysterious because they were out of my reach. I would not have appreciated them the same way if I could have just queued for an easier version.

I also can't specifically think of a raid that would've specifically stood out in LFR. I would expect for them all to have been converted similarly. The 10-man raids might've been interesting if the LFR versions remained 25-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    All raids at any level below your current. It seems ridiculous that you can only queue at level for the raid or dungeon and they vanish.
    Admittedly it can be bit of a shame that the LFR models are lost to players who have leveled past the required level.

None. LFR is the most ridiculous thing that's been added to the game. It's dumb that people can go do some raids at anytime they feel like it or if they aren't in a raiding guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    And you want to destroy those experiences by making them into LFR? I struggle to believe a single experience in LFR can be described as "awesome and fun". That's why so many people answer: None.
    Struggle away, you simply demonstrate your own limitations. I like LFR, it's fun. It has me playing more than I have for a long time. And yes I did 'real' raiding, even way back in the day. Been playing since OG beta.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

So, to have max-level "new" versions of old raids? No thanks. And if they will be LFR'able only at their respectable brackets - just look at Dragon Soul - it would take you much longer than eternity to get into DS LFR now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacotruck View Post
    . And yes I did 'real' raiding, even way back in the day.
    So did I. From Vanilla until Wrath.

I wouldn't anymore, though. To me, even LFR is much more fun than having to deal with a raiding guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    None, it sucks any enjoyment out of real raiding.

Let the raiders raid.
    I have done enough "real raiding". I'm enjoying LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    I think that freeing the Celestials during the LFR Twin Consorts fight was awesome and fun.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    So, to have max-level "new" versions of old raids? No thanks. And if they will be LFR'able only at their respectable brackets - just look at Dragon Soul - it would take you much longer than eternity to get into DS LFR now.
    Mods, can we start giving people temp bans when they obviously didn't read the OP? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    None, it sucks any enjoyment out of real raiding.

Let the raiders raid.
    Aww, still upset your lost your snowflake status?