Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Right click acts weird in WoW.

So sometimes when i hold down the right click it will randomly stop working just as if i released the button. At 1st i thought that it was a mouse dieing, but have gotten a brand new mouse and it still does that. It does that ONLY in WoW and i have no idea what may caouse it. Any help is welcome as this is getting annoying to be honest.

Deleted
    I have had this problem for a long long time.
    Blizzard refuse to accept that it is an issue with the game, and like to say its either a hardware or driver issue.

Out of curiosity what type of mouse are you using ?

Deleted
    Razer naga, switched from Logitech G500 cause it died.

Deleted
    I have a problem with the right click as well, like when I right click it works but sometimes it flickers (like I'm letting it go and pressing it again rapidly). I only have the problem in WoW and it's annoying but nothing I can do about it.
    Using a Razer Lachesis.

Deleted
    well that rules out setpoint (im using a Logitech MX1000) being the issue which is something I have seen being said by the blizz technical support.

I would actually be happy if they said "yes there is an issue with right click, but we don't know how to fix it"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    I have a problem with the right click as well, like when I right click it works but sometimes it flickers (like I'm letting it go and pressing it again rapidly). I only have the problem in WoW and it's annoying but nothing I can do about it.
    Using a Razer Lachesis.
    I am experiencing this with a Naga 2013 as well. It's especially annoying while trying to turn in a quest / engage in a dialogue with an NPC.

That's the only time I have an issue. Everything else appears to be functioning just fine.
    Last edited by Nemah; 2013-07-14 at 03:39 PM.

never had this issue and I hold right click constantly to move. so it could be something you guys have + game that I don't have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    never had this issue and I hold right click constantly to move. so it could be something you guys have + game that I don't have.
    which mouse is it you have ?

I do not have this issue and I am using a SteelSeries Kana mouse. Model# 62029.

Don't have this issue with my G400, have another PC with some random mouse, also no issues.

I'm under the impression it is not a Blizzard issue, would be constant complaints about it.

Does not seem to be related to a mouse brand, since I have similar "locking" issues with a Roccat Kone+.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never had that problem in game. Have a Gigabyte Krypton

Try installing Razer Synapse. I had a problem where looking around with the right mouse button would cause it to randomly "release" or rubberband. It might be just coincidence that it stopped once I installed it and it updated, but if it wasn't, give it a shot.
    Last edited by Nalnik; 2013-07-14 at 03:59 PM.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

10+ Year Old Account
    when I hold right and left click to run, it will randomly stop running and start again as if I was taking my finger off right and putting it back down.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Now its getting even more weird. I borrowed my bros DeathAdder and it works well. My naga works on his comp well aswell :/

It's very unlikely this is a problem with WoW specifically, though it may be a problem with your mouse drivers interfacing with the game...

Can I suggest a person with this issue get some form of input logger? That way you can check if your system is logging the right click as steady. Might help in diagnosing the problem.

http://www.autohotkey.com/
    http://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=992

will do the trick. download and install autohotkey, then download the binary for the pressed key indicator.

Do you have anything bound to the right mouse button? But have forgotten about it? It's really easy to use a keybind that uses something like Shift-Right Click or Alt-Right Click, and completely forget you had it, then later think you don't have it. So when you use the keys for other keybinds, which are better, you go and right click while you press those keys, and it thinks you are using the keybind. It will do this even if there is no action set to the keybind. Check your keybinds and be sure nothing uses a Shift/Alt/Ctrl combo with the right mouse button.

I had this issue on my Deathknight alt and he would act like you said, but then I checked my kebyinds and surely enough something from the past was still there.

It's very easy to still have stuff linger from when you are newer at the game and had really stupid keybinds. They stay there forever as far as I know, until you change or delete them.

That happened to my mouse, unplugging it and plugging it back in fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    Using a Razer Lachesis.
    i get this too, takes about 10 clicks to get a quest giver to open dialog sometimes

Deleted
    Its just weird that my brothers DeathAdder doesnt do this in wow when plugged into my computer. And my naga works well for him :/
    But yeah i will double check my keybinds