Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I remember when Halo 3 came out and people were debating the legendary ending. Well in the beginning of the game Johnson tells Chief, "why do you always jump(referring to him jumping out of the ship in the end of Halo 2) one of these days your going to land on something harder then you are."

I made a thread on the official forums speculating this was foreshadowing of a Halo 4(this is when they claimed 3 was the end) because in the end of the legendary scene Cortana tells chief to "jump" a warthog into the back of the frigate. He does and their half of the ship gets ripped between the portal and the end end part shows it floating toward a mysterious planet.

I said Johnson was right, he always does jump and he eventually landed on something harder then him, another planet!

Most people thought it was a great catch! It was a HUGE thread and many people commented, lots speculated and flamed of course. But look at it now.......I was on the money!

But in this case the quest seems so small compared to what it would lead into, I dont think it has ANYTHING to do with the new expac. =P

Leeked expansion CONFIRMED!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    Leeked expansion CONFIRMED!
    I have to say, blizzards box designers never fail to astound me.

Blizzard does like to add little hints like this in their games. The problem is, they're so little that it's near impossible to justify a leak before blizzard announces the next expansion.

There was a hint on the cataclysm release date.
    There was a hint that deathwing would come back and attack stormwind.

Sure it's fun to completely dismiss this guy, but I don't think he was trolling. There is definitely a play on words by blizz though for the quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    dear lord who art in heaven... this is an amazing find.

OP @ how did you find it?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Next month, you can buy a sense of humor in the cash shop, I hear.
    pardon me for not finding a less then funny and more then obviously false thread "humorous"

Quote Originally Posted by Zahgurim View Post
    pardon me for not finding a less then funny and more then obviously false thread "humorous"
    Luckily you can close the thread and never open it again.

It was clearly a tongue in cheek thread not attempting to fool anybody, Americans being as uptight as ever

Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26396

Required level 5.

It would be expansion 5
    mind = blown.

WE'RE GOING TO ARGUS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zahgurim View Post
    less than*

more than*

You have cracked the code! This is all the evidence I need. Argus here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post
    Oh my god, you're right. better start preparing
    But.... YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!!!! You knew it had to be done

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    "Return to Argus" does have a nice ring to it though.
    Except you can't return to someplace you haven't been

Quote Originally Posted by pvrwizard View Post
    Except you can't return to someplace you haven't been

Maybe our characters will wake up and realize they're already on Argus and that Azeroth was just a dream.

Hah, made me smile - fingers crossed.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by JasonWuzHear View Post
    Blizzard does like to add little hints like this in their games. The problem is, they're so little that it's near impossible to justify a leak before blizzard announces the next expansion.

There was a hint on the cataclysm release date.
    There was a hint that deathwing would come back and attack stormwind.

Sure it's fun to completely dismiss this guy, but I don't think he was trolling. There is definitely a play on words by blizz though for the quest.
    Yes indeed...only the NPC and quest line were added in 2011. Now get with the programme and enjoy the thread for what it is lol.

Deleted
    Pretty good

If you sheep open your eyes (and trinket that polymorph) you'll see all sorts of clues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its funny how much people look into things. Thought I do think the next Xpac will be Legion themed, pretty much based off all the shit Wrathion is doing right now.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Yes indeed...only the NPC and quest line were added in 2011. Now get with the programme and enjoy the thread for what it is lol.
    the hint that deathwing was alive and attacking stormwind was in the game since the beginning.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=350/look-to-an-old-friend
    added in patch 1.11.1
    Last edited by JasonWuzHear; 2013-07-15 at 12:49 AM.

You know as easy it is to dismiss this theory it's not totally unfounded. I would not call it an expansion leak though I think if the thread was titled "Expansion hint?" along with supporting evidence such as the Cataclysm release date Easter egg than it would warrant a slightly better discussion. Let's break it down though:

The quest was added in the Cataclysm expansion. It is very likely that Blizzard at least had an outline for expansion 5 at that time which included general story line, major characters, and location. There is heavy speculation of a Burning Legion expansion along with moderate speculation of going to Argus eventually. It makes sense and could very well be an easter egg.

Or it could be nothing.

At the end of the day nobody will believe anything until it's announced and presented. After the MoP trademark discovery and reading this forum with dozens of threads about MoP was a book or a trading card game I expect full denial of any expansion leaks or hints until Blizzcon regardless of how solid or reliable it is.

I rate this hint a 1/10. But that 1 gives it a chance of being right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Maybe our characters will wake up and realize they're already on Argus and that Azeroth was just a dream.

What if we wake up, and we're actually the Burning Legion...and Metzin is really Sargeras.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Argus is a Latin name meaning silver. Not very common anymore, but still, just a name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.