Page 9 of 173 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by papaz View Post
    EQ Next got "Best of show" at E3 from both mmorpg.com and tentonhammer.

The hype train is out of control.
    mmorpg.com http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cf...3C8E016B0D7BA7

tentonhammer http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/251130/page/8
    I'm an original EQ player and I'm hyped for the game beyond most people, but if you actually read those 'Best of Show' articles... they don't have anything about the game itself. Apparently they were sworn to secrecy by SoE so they can announce it all at SoE live in August.

Now don't get me wrong, I've been watching all the interviews, and I hear whispers of great things. So much that they don't even want to talk about it yet because they don't want any competitors to know what they are doing. Particularly referring to sentiments from this interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt-MEgLXKXs

I think giving Best of Show to a game and you can't explain why, is a little messed up. Still though, my EQN hype level is maxed out. Hoping for a real massive sandbox without the 'rails' of questing in theme park MMOs.

PS: I bet Titan was delayed because even Blizz wants to see what SoE is up to with EQN!
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-06-20 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    https://twitter.com/the_player/statu...39986500415488

................That's not promising.......................
    That made me laugh a bit, it felt so trollish of smedley.

Maybe if there's keyboard and mouse support it wouldn't be bad. PS4 has Bluetooth 2.1 EDR, so it is possible to connect a wireless BTH keyboard and mouse.

Deleted
    Hello,

This thread is a megathread for Everquest Next. The upcoming MMO that will change the MMO market & playstyle forever, keep in mind that the Everquest franchise really started off MMO gaming and it will be brilliantly interesting to see what Everquest Next has to offer.At this moment the guys that make the game keep it very low-key, there are only a total of 4 screenshots released of it and no one really knows what it is like, but a-lot of us are expecting it to be Epic.

That been said, I will give some links and screenshots below to the official EQ Next content.

Also to note:
    Everquest Next are partnered with Curse and Curse are giving away free tickets to SOE live in the United States (all you have to do is do a video of yourself, more info in the links provided belo

Links:
    https://www.everquestnext.com/ (OFFICAL Website)
    http://www.curse.com/news/everquest (Curse are sending someone to SOE Live FREE)

Social Media:
    https://twitter.com/everquest_next
    https://www.facebook.com/EverquestNext
    https://plus.google.com/116076382061631523609/posts
    http://www.youtube.com/EverQuestNext
    http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext/

Screenshots:

Please, if you find any news,screenshots,info,videos,etc related to Everquest Next please feel free to post it here.

Thank You.

I copied this from my thread (some male member with a women avatar locked it)

Quote Originally Posted by aiir View Post
    Hello,

This thread is a megathread for Everquest Next. The upcoming MMO that will change the MMO market & playstyle forever, keep in mind that the Everquest franchise really started off MMO gaming and it will be brilliantly interesting to see what Everquest Next has to offer.At this moment the guys that make the game keep it very low-key, there are only a total of 4 screenshots released of it and no one really knows what it is like, but a-lot of us are expecting it to be Epic.
    OK, while we can appreciate enthusiasm... lets not get a bit carried away here with overblown/over exaggerated claims.

Speaking as a fan of Ultima Online (Not just the first MMORPG, but a TRUE Sandbox MMORPG!), I really take offense at you claiming that EQ was the game that "really started off MMO gaming"....

But considering their statements, I'm also very interested in where they're going... but don't overhype and overexxagerate it please. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    OK, while we can appreciate enthusiasm... lets not get a bit carried away here with overblown/over exaggerated claims.

Speaking as a fan of Ultima Online (Not just the first MMORPG, but a TRUE Sandbox MMORPG!), I really take offense at you claiming that EQ was the game that "really started off MMO gaming"....

But considering their statements, I'm also very interested in where they're going... but don't overhype and overexxagerate it please. :P
    There are some overexaggerations but as a former UO, EQ and if you're just talking about "starter" MMOs, The Realm Online I'd have to say that EverQuest was the first real MMORPG, because the word "Massive" means more. The Realm peaked probably somewhere between 3-5k people concurrently (I personally only saw 3kish). UO obviously took the genre and built on it, being far more massive than The Realm but Everquest was another beast entirely. I doubt any game coming out can really bring me back to this time frame and my craving for this is probably just nostalgia. I am eager to see what they can do though.

Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    What exactly do they mean by "sandbox"? I can't help but get the image of just making our own content..
    If it's ANYTHING remotely like UO - I'll be so happy. If I can actually play a game where I could be a full-time fisherman/carpenter again and NOT have to kill things in order to be a better fisherman/carpenter, I'll be happy. ^_^

Deleted
    Can't wait for EQN !!!

The OP was unfairly banned so hopefully this thread continues to be updated by users and mods. I am looking forward to what Sony are planning on doing with the EQ universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    The OP was unfairly banned so hopefully this thread continues to be updated by users and mods. I am looking forward to what Sony are planning on doing with the EQ universe.
    Don't evade bans and we won't ban accounts created/used to circumvent being banned.

I'm just curious as to what elements they are going to keep from the original EQ and what modern mmo elements they will use. Striking that balance seems like it'll be hard, but I'm interested.

I doubt they'll add everything I'd like to see, but I accept that. I bet they bring classic spells like "sow" back and maybe let wizards/druids teleport. Hopefully they won't homogenize the classes. That way each has its own distinct use (& will add replay value too). Death penalties are likely a thing of the past, but I did like how death made clerics highly sought after for their resurrection spells that revived exp. It also made the world more threatening and exciting to explore. Difficulty also encourages groups play and socialization which is the backbone to an mmo. I just wonder what kind of balance they'll strike between casual / difficult. Maybe they can inspire socialization another way. Having no themepark design will help I think.

Anyway, I'm excited to see what they sayyyyyyy.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Well in fairness that was my roommates account and I guess because we share the same Internet ip for the apartment he got a perma ban and I got a temp. Sucks to be him.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the line: "that will change the MMO market & playstyle forever" is true because so far if it is I'm totally gonna play it as I'm bored of WoW and my top MMO's would be TESO and EQN. If it's not true, then it shall be sent off as another failure who promised to crush WoW etc with its anticipation, but it's good that it has a low player base who's liking it so not many will think that it will crush wow and also will return to give people a sense of WoW's glory days

I have my doubts they're going to market it heavily as a direct competitor to WoW. MMORPGs have diverged to such a point now that "theme park" MMOs such as WoW are so heavily ingrained with certain dogmas, they're pretty much meant for just that type of audience these days. That's how the other games like Rift get away with being so ridiculously derivative.

I'd rather see alternatives that are budgeted appropriately to profit from more niche sandbox audiences.

Though I never really got into EQ1 nor 2 (tried them both for a short period), I'm quite eager to see what EQNext is gonna be like. From what few official statements I've heard, I gather they're really trying to make something different from current MMO's. Most of all I want to see how PvP is handled. PvE is like 10% for me, PvP 90%. If they can deliver a sandbox MMO with a PvP system that has some epic world PvP and no instances, then I can see myself really enjoying it. We'll see on August 2nd, until then it's just hype

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Though I never really got into EQ1 nor 2 (tried them both for a short period), I'm quite eager to see what EQNext is gonna be like. From what few official statements I've heard, I gather they're really trying to make something different from current MMO's. Most of all I want to see how PvP is handled. PvE is like 10% for me, PvP 90%. If they can deliver a sandbox MMO with a PvP system that has some epic world PvP and no instances, then I can see myself really enjoying it. We'll see on August 2nd, until then it's just hype
    If it's anything like the previous ones, PvP is going to be little more than an afterthought. EQ games have bee like 99% PvE focused. There are PvP servers and all, but IIRC they've never done all that much to actively support PvP.

They've talked about stuff like letting players design their own battlegrounds, so that's at least a de facto confirmation that PvP is in there. I'd rather PvP remains mostly a player-driven thing though rather than trying to cater to e-sports.

The only thing most people will need to understand is that traditionally PvP in EQ games has been a tacked on feature with almost no semblance of balance nor intention of it being balanced. Certain classes are inherently better at PvP and it's just an accepted thing.

Shouldn't be too hard to understand coming from WoW

But I'd seriously doubt the PvP would feel "tacked on" in this day and age where it's much more expected. My only desire from a balance point of view is to keep it in a massive team game perspective where classes can remain unique with strengths, weaknesses and respective niches. Catering to dueling or arenas has a tendency to kill that. I can see this struggle not only in WoW, but also in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare now that dueling is becoming more popular among competitive players.

EQ has always been a heavily PvE focused game, and its successor should be as well.

Soooo... can we get this merged with another thread, or get this OP unbanned (assuming the roommate thing is true) so it can actually be updated?
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2013-07-15 at 04:16 PM.

I am slightly concerned the art direction will be something grotesque.