Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    The theory about mass wish vs. solo wish is invalid because the dragons didn't ask Piccolo if he wanted to be transported to Namek during the Frieza saga, they just transported him there. But Genn what you said in an earlier post, the dragons don't seem to care if Goku says no to them...that's what I'm wondering about. It seems like he's the only one that can do that. Everyone else just has to suck it up and deal with whatever they do.
    Piccolo was the one who planned that series of wishes out though, he asked for that wish to be made. Vegeta didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    The theory about mass wish vs. solo wish is invalid because the dragons didn't ask Piccolo if he wanted to be transported to Namek during the Frieza saga, they just transported him there. But Genn what you said in an earlier post, the dragons don't seem to care if Goku says no to them...that's what I'm wondering about. It seems like he's the only one that can do that. Everyone else just has to suck it up and deal with whatever they do.
    Yeah, I think it makes about as much sense as Goku suddenly being able to talk telepathically with people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Yeah, I think it makes about as much sense as Goku suddenly being able to talk telepathically with people.
    Have you noticed how randomly that ability is used? Namekians seem to be able to do it naturally, and Goku probably learned the basics from King Kai, yet they rarely ever use it except for long distances. You'd think it would be useful for communicating without the enemy overhearing.

Also, why do people talk out loud when King Kai is talking in their heads?

Battle of Gods dub confirmed? (starts at 2:20ish)

Also, new video game coming out if that hasn't been discussed here yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    the game looks amazingly fun if you have 4-8 ppl to play it with xD but like most of these games it's utterly boring to play alone in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the worst offender for wasted potential was Uub though. Pan should have been able to reach at least SSJ and fight evenly with Goten and Trunks, since she was shown as more interested in fighting then them, so she would be taking her training more seriously. Realistically, I doubt Videl thought of fighting or training much once she got married. She was basically next-gen Chi Chi.

Uub, though... he already started out as equal to a non-transformed Goku without any training. After the 10 or so years of training with Goku, we can assume he had unlocked all of Kid Buu's fighting skill and energy, as well as a bit extra. He then takes it the next step by bonding with Good Buu and gaining magical powers.

And after all that, he lasted for what? One episode? An episode and a half, maximum. Then he was back with the rest of the fodder.

- - - Updated - - -

So far it's just been Goten, Trunks and Majuub. Wasn't Gohan in episode one, though? I don't remember what happened to him. Episode three is going to be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a great episode. Only complaint was that the music was too loud to hear at times. Overall, well done! Looking forward to the rest.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    Me Gusta dat episode

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    Was a great episode. Only complaint was that the music was too loud to hear at times. Overall, well done! Looking forward to the rest.
    Same, particularly at the beginning of the Goten fight while the balding guy was talking to himself. Could barely figure out what he was saying over the music.

10+ Year Old Account

Sexy as fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1014415_599406610079674_884646230_n.jpg[IMG]

Sexy as fuck
    Brolly had SOOOO much potential to his character, it is a shame he was just a mindless villain.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-07-15 at 05:59 AM.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Speaking of Broly, has anyone else read last week's and today's updates of Bringer of Death? I've always been interested to see how it'd turn out and I like the direction they're going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Speaking of Broly, has anyone else read last week's and today's updates of Bringer of Death? I've always been interested to see how it'd turn out and I like the direction they're going.
    Oh hell yes I did. And it was satisfying as heck. I wasn't actually expecting them to take Broly in that direction, but I am very pleased with it. Heck, I don't think I've ever been displeased yet with BoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Oh hell yes I did. And it was satisfying as heck. I wasn't actually expecting them to take Broly in that direction, but I am very pleased with it. Heck, I don't think I've ever been displeased yet with BoD.
    Note: Talking about recent BoD stuff, so don't read if you don't want spoilers or you haven't read today's chapter yet!

I had thought they might, when Vegeta was thinking about it and talking to Broly after he went SSJ2. I thought it was over after Broly sent that Omega Cannon towards the star, I thought Vegeta would kill him for sure. Vegeta going SSJ2 was very cool as well, though since he's "at peace," I wonder if we'll still see Majin Vegeta later. This is definitely one of my favorite chapters, if not the favorite.

I can't wait to see where else they take him. I hope he can keep training with Vegeta, maybe to ultimately master the Legendary form like Vegeta told him he had to. Can you just imagine that later on? Bojack and Buu won't stand a chance against a Broly who actually knows how to fight strategically and can control his LSSJ form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Note: Talking about recent BoD stuff, so don't read if you don't want spoilers or you haven't read today's chapter yet!

I had thought they might, when Vegeta was thinking about it and talking to Broly after he went SSJ2. I thought it was over after Broly sent that Omega Cannon towards the star, I thought Vegeta would kill him for sure. Vegeta going SSJ2 was very cool as well, though since he's "at peace," I wonder if we'll still see Majin Vegeta later. This is definitely one of my favorite chapters, if not the favorite.

I can't wait to see where else they take him. I hope he can keep training with Vegeta, maybe to ultimately master the Legendary form like Vegeta told him he had to. Can you just imagine that later on? Bojack and Buu won't stand a chance against a Broly who actually knows how to fight strategically and can control his LSSJ form.
    If I had to guess... I'd say that Majin Vegeta won't be happening. Heck, will there even be someone Majin empowered? I bet they could pull it off. Majin Broly? Perhaps, but sounds kinda... I dunno, cliché. Perhaps Piccolo III? Nah, still wouldn't pose a challenge to any SSJ2. Trying to guess BoD is an exercise in futility, really, these guys pull off some amazing plot twists and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a youtube video, something along the lines of "how my parents see dbz". Anyone have a link to it? Was pretty funny.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    If I had to guess... I'd say that Majin Vegeta won't be happening. Heck, will there even be someone Majin empowered? I bet they could pull it off. Majin Broly? Perhaps, but sounds kinda... I dunno, cliché. Perhaps Piccolo III? Nah, still wouldn't pose a challenge to any SSJ2. Trying to guess BoD is an exercise in futility, really, these guys pull off some amazing plot twists and stuff.
    Yeah, they've kept me guessing at almost every turn. I think it's fun to guess though, just to see what actually happens. It's amazing, really.

Few questions/ideas I do have about what's coming:

1. Is it going to be Gohan or Vegeta who kills off Cell?
    2. Will Bojack come from Broly's destruction of the star during his fight with Vegeta?
    3. Will Gohan keep his antics during the Great Saiyaman Saga, and will he continue to train?

Those are my 3 big questions, those are the ones I REALLY want to know about hahah.

10+ Year Old Account

I will update the OP this week and Include both Honor Trip and Bringer of Death in my Fan fic section. I will also replace the videos that have since been removed. I loved this weeks bringer of death.... I dont care about Bojack. I want them to handle Dr. Raichi and the Hatchiyak!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ir-d5h2p3g.jpg

That is a picture of the Hatchiyack fighting Broly. Btw that is just random fan art and has nothing to do with BOD

Btw I hate Honor trip. Its just toooooo...... un DBZ like. BOT feels like it is DBZ just with a different direction. Plus the authors dont Jack it to their favorite character every chapter.

- - - Updated - - -

Main reasons for why I am not a fan of Honor Trip.

1. It starts out far to slowly while being very serious. DBZ was only slow due to filler, not due to it's actual plot. Also it was a comical show, Honor Trip is anything but, comical.

2. It is too well written. The characters are given so much depth that I forget that this is DBZ.

3. Too many equations.... the entire focus on many of the chapters is in the power level debates and multipliers! BOT (bringer of death) handles this in the Q & A section.

4. Cell is the Defacto main character and an obvious Stu. He is even more perfect than in canon! Just too perfect. He can do no wrong! He knows all! He is all!

I only like the fan art and the inspiration that the authors gave to others. BOT would not exist with out Honor Trip..... which would not exist with out multiverse, but ok!

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ll-d4y3oiq.png

also this art of Hyper Perfect Cell.

I stopped reading when

spoilers

Cell wanted to train Gohan
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-07-17 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started reading both of those fan fictions about 11 months ago (after actually seeming them posted on this thread). I'd never read fan fiction before and I had a lot of time to kill so it was a case of /shrug why not for me. I really enjoy reading BoD and look forward to new chapters each week. For Honor Trip, it's pretty much a case of I've already invested my time into the story, so I continue reading it just because.

Honor Trip has its good points, but the characters are so unrealistic that it kills me to read their lines. It's like the author has to prove that he has a high vocabulary knowledge or play out how he wishes the characters really behaved. The conversations are pretty tiring to read and I can't imagine anybody in the real world talking in a manner as he has his characters talk in. And then we go from having every character being extremely intelligent (or at least linguistic) to then having Gohan needing to ask his dad "is my hair pointing up sharp?" to know if he was ascended or not. The guy has clearly worked hard on his story so I'm not trying to knock him or criticise him, but it just seems almost forced and unnatural. I'll still read his story, I'm still interested in the plot regardless of if I like the writing style or not.

BoD on the other hand is very easy to read and does an absolutely fantastic job of feeling genuine and realistic. The plot is well thought out, most of the events make sense and my brain doesn't ache from trying to believe a conversation might happen.

I'll assume most of the people who read fanfics will have read Break Through the Limit (raditz is the main character). This is in the Honor Trip category for me as far as being something I continue to read, but I don't go out of my way to do so. The author seems needy, as if he's trying to please every single possible person. I almost get annoyed reading his replies to people to the point that I usually don't bother at all. The plot is decent on paper, but in execution it's really rushed and all over the place. A lot of the time it also seems unrealistic, but less so than Honor Trip. I mention this story only because it seems to be one of the most popular on the fanfic website, but it doesn't really impress me personally and I'm curious about other opinions.

My favourite fanfic is one that people may not have actually heard of. It's called dragonball legends and it's a story focused on Bardock and Kakarott (not Goku). This story is mostly drama than action, but the plot is absolutely superb and extremely original. It follows dragonball z to an extent, but the large majority of the story is absolutely original with a large amount of non canon characters making up the story as well as just about every single canon character being nothing like they are in canon, yet being absolutely true to their characteristics. I won't post details incase anybody reads this and looks into the story for themselves, but bulma as a character in this story is immense.The plot itself is just as believable to read as BoD and has just as many plot twists and cliffhangers (if not more) although the people looking for action will probably be put off by the lack thereof. Sadly the author only updates about once every 1-2 months (she (yes, she) is an actual author so has other book projects). I find myself looking forward to the updates for this story much more than I do for BoD.

I appreciate the effort that all the authors put into making their stories, but only a couple of stories have genuinely captivated me.