Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your Wildest Expansion Dreams

What would you like to see in future expansions? Let your imagination soar! What kinds of races would you like to play as? What kind of theme would the expansion have? Would you like to play as a bat-humanoid in underground caves? Would you like to be in space with grotesque aliens? Tell us what kinds of races you'd like to see go to which factions, or if you'd like more factions than just the Alliance and Horde. What kinds of raids or battlegrounds would you enjoy seeing in the future?

Spill it all here! Don't be shy!

I would like to see the other side of Azeroth eventually. I'd love it if it was a crazy jungle-esque land with incredibly dangerous creatures I could never even dream up. Perhaps other animal folk like Eagle/hawk people would be playable. Perhaps we'd see another Old God there, or a series of different islands with different themes.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

There is nooooo other sideee to azerooooooooth raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage
    Last edited by thesmall001; 2013-07-15 at 01:46 AM. Reason: How dare they censor my capitalization, how will people know I'm screaming?

Any expansion where Gnomeregan is reclaimed and becomes an Alliance city.

I'd like to see an expansion against an SM empress.

warlocks learn how to summon female eredar.
    paladins get handcuffs.
    rogues get a whip.
    fire mages get to melt candles on their foes.
    hunters and druids do stuff with animals.
    death knights do stuff with corpses.
    shamans do stuff with spirits.
    monks learn yoga.
    warriors get rough.

priests don't do anything. they are supposed to be chaste.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Kind of the point of this thread. Whatever you'd like to see in Azeroth, say it. So I said it. Get it?
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Titans appear and shit is about to go down. Ends up with Azeroth getting completely healed to how it was before the shattering. Without the need of resetting all species etc. Some compromises has to be made here and there, but I figure we can live with that.

I'd love to see an expansion where Azshara returns and drags up Zandalar and Tomb of Sargeras and Naz'jatar and the Crab-People Capital and Tel Abim and Kul Tiras and lots of Underwater style islands without the irritating underwater part. We could sail from island to island Wind Waker style with lots of little island hubs and villages and maybe a floating town or two. There could be Pandaren and Tuskaar and everybody.

Race wise, I'd love to see some Hero Skin Alternates rather than 1 or 2 new races. They'd start at Level 80 and go through a phased starting experience that sets up their Lore. You could have, for example, Earthen alternates to Dwarves that start in Northrend and get orders to study their Dwarf bretheren. Orcs could be Mag'har or Fel Orcs or Mok'Nathal (finally resolving Rexxar's Outland story!) and this would insert new Races without demanding extra Lore to maintain them.

Classes? On a similar vein, I'd love to see a whole bunch of Hero Specs for each class. Some even being Race specific. So Hunters would get a 4th Spec; Shadow Hunter for Troll and Dark Ranger for Undead and Ranger for Blood Elf. The Hero Specs wouldn't really be special other than occasionally being Race-Affected, they'd just be 4th and a half specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Kind of the point of this thread. Whatever you'd like to see in Azeroth, say it. So I said it. Get it?
    I get it. I was mostly kidding. I just... I weep. Because we have globes. And the world isn't flat. And people, they don't understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see an expansion where Azshara returns and drags up Zandalar and Tomb of Sargeras and Naz'jatar and the Crab-People Capital and Tel Abim and Kul Tiras and lots of Underwater style islands without the irritating underwater part.
    Pretty much this. Also underworld expansion focusing on the insect races of Azeroth, and an Emerald Dream expansion where we destroy the Nightmare once and for all.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the only thing left in Azeroth that is MIA is all the islands so South Seas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any expansion that isn't the emerald dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    well the only thing left in Azeroth that is MIA is all the islands so South Seas.
    Didn't most of them sink with the cataclysm?
    Aye mate

The final expansion (?).
    The true End time. The one Murozond warned the mortal heroes of, moments before his death. "Aman'Thual...what I have seen..."

The Titans have abandoned us, their children--their creations. Their absence is conspicuous and foreboding.
    Did they become embroiled in a Holy War with the Burning Legion? Did they all succumb to madness as Sargeras did?
    No one can be certain--but one certainty is their absence. Our only contact with them is their automatons and appointed guardians.

The foretelling Velen and Wrathion both have spoken of is coming to pass: The Twisting Nether is becoming dark.
    Worlds that once dotted the night sky with their luminescence are flickering out. The Universe becomes dark. Azeroth remains one of the final bastions of light in a Universe succumbing to the insatiable hunger of the Burning Legion.
    Kil'Jaden remembers well his stinging, bitter defeat at the Sunwell. The "fourth war", as it's referred to by the Legion rank and file, is a bitter memory for all daemonkind and their ilk. Kil'Jaden and his subordinates have not been sitting idle--they have been amassing their forces, requisitioning new worlds for fresh material, and studying their enemy via incognito Legion-sympathizers.
    The foreshadowing of Velen and Wrathion is coming to light, no pun intended: The Legion is coming. The second Burning Crusade, the Fifth War, The End Times, the times that will determine freedom or eternal enslavement...are coming.

Several players are at the table. They move their pieces carefully.

The Old Gods and the Legion have often kept distance of one another. But the Old, Forgotten Gods--the true rules of Azeroth--are no fools. They know the Legion will eventually come for them in its never-ending lust for conquest.
    Long-laid plans are finally blossoming into fruitful yield. Twisting those blessed with Titan Birthright into creatures of flesh and unfettered emotion--the imbuement of free will...the Old Ones have created themselves an army with unlimited potential.
    Indeed, Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes (whom have a confirmed ancestry of Titan origin) are exceedingly proficient in the various arts of war. The Old Gods have put themselves and their creations in the way of their children as tests, and training. An echo to the methodoloy the Lich King employed on his potential lieutenants as they scoured Northrend and eventually ascended the Frozen Throne to slay him.
    But the Old Gods know the power of their children--their twisted flesh-creations. They will not underestimate them as the Fallen Prince did.

All the major players are now at the board--young and old. The End Times are coming. A war to determine the fate of the universe.
    The Legion must be stopped here--Azeroth is the last hope for freedom, for light. If Azeroth falls, the universe will be shrouded in an eternal darkness.
    The Legion sharpens it's blades and chants their daemonic geas. Order must be disharmonized.
    The Old Gods see to it that their children are prepared to fend off the agents of Darkness. This world is their world.
    The young races of Azeroth, unaware of the grand game being played, rest their weary bodies and minds after a brutal conflict with a corrupted Garrosh Hellscream. An eerie echo of his father.
    The Titans..are they coming? Have they abandoned us, their children in this darkest of hours? Are we alone? Are the Titans dead? Will we face Fel-touched Titans when the green hellfire rains down upon Azeroth once more?

Murozond said "I have witnessed the End Time. THIS?! This is a blessing you simply cannot comprehend!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Didn't most of them sink with the cataclysm?
    We don't know that any of them sank during the Cataclysm. Even Zandalar is described as 'broken' and 'sliding into the ocean,' not full on sank.

Besides, with Azshara's power, it wouldn't be hard for her to raise any sunken islands. The Tomb of Sargeras was raised by a handful of orc warlocks.

If money and technology weren't an issue?

I'd see Azeroth be completely under seige by the Burning Legion; the breadcrumb quests would send players to either Westfall (Alliance) or Northern Barren (Horde) where you, other players and Horde leaders are fending off the Legion. Try as you might, you are overwhelmed and both the Horde and Alliance fail.

That's right; you lose.

The game jumps ahead 5 years; you and other players are held in Legion internment camps doing slave labor when you are busted out by Horde/Ally NPC's who escaped imprisonment. After taking back your faction's capital city the game really begins; it would be a mostly phased Azeroth and questing/leveling would involve traveling to various zones and basically retaking Azeroth from the Legion and booting them off the planet. Subsequent patches would then have you going after Sargeras to end the threat of the Legion once and for all. Some new zones could be thrown in there too, as phased versions of old zones (even altered) would be kinda boring.

Anything Lich King or Northrend related and I'll be happy.

Also and 90-100. I hate the 5 level increments. Just means more linear leveling where there's almost absolutely no zone choice.

Cata at least had Hyjal and vashjir, but MOP is incredibly linear, you don't have a choice. And no I'm not counting pre 5.3 xp nerf.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-07-15 at 03:35 AM.

My 'wildest' dreams would basically revamp the game entirely from the ground up, so I'll try to keep this somewhat realistic:

10 very grueling and unforgiving new levels, across an enormous new continent.
    removal of all quest hints (mini map, mob mouseovers)
    4th new spec for all classes
    normal dungeons used to gear for normal raids
    heroic dungeons being really hard and = to normal mode raiding, several of which are of old school black rock size and complexity
    new class specific quests
    glyph systems expanded to include professions (ex: major glyph shortens the CD for bandages, or makes them heal for more)
    level / gear scaling for all zones and instanced content across the entire game.
    re-tweaking of all old level content (no more faceroll leveling mobs)
    sub-race selection introduced (playable iron dwarves, for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Besides, with Azshara's power, it wouldn't be hard for her to raise any sunken islands. The Tomb of Sargeras was raised by a handful of orc warlocks.
    Doesn't make any sense. Why would the naga/Azshara raise anything from the oceanfloor?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to go to Nazjatar (sp?) and Zin-Azshari or another world, like Argus or Xoroth.
    Also it would be nice too not succeed in our mission once, only to have to face the oppressors or whatever later on when we are stronger. Something like that.

That's right; you lose.
    Your ideas are very much like mine, almost identical from what I have in my mind when it comes to facing the legion :O
    Think it makes it more interesting.

And I know it is supposedly finished in the books etc, but I would like to see the emerald dream... :P

Murlocs. Murlocs as far as the eye can see!

nathrezim homeworld
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

You don't get the point, do you?
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]