Deleted

Server switch: Acitivity or population?

Hi Guys,

Got another question I could use some advise on.
    Im playing on Ahn'Qiraj EU realm atm. Which is a very very old realm and a complete ghost town. I want to switch things up.

The realm im looking for is:
    • Horde
    • PvP
    • High pop
    • Active
    • Good auction house
    • Balanced horde / alliance ratio (Or atleast not too long BG queues)

I got 2 websites im looking at:
    http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_rea...php?sort=Total

The first website lists how many players are in a realm. Ahn'Qiraj is listed as 25k players. Which is way high I can say from personal experience. Looking at the second website makes this more clear, it says there are players but they never log on. My question now: What should I look for? I just want an active realm but not one of those 1:50 Horde / alliance ratios..

Any tips?

(Edit: Posted in the wrong category, sorry.. -_-)

Quote Originally Posted by Geffrey View Post
    Hi Guys,

Im playing on Ahn'Qiraj EU realm atm. Which is a very very old realm and a complete ghost town. I want to switch things up.

• Horde
    • PvP
    • High pop
    • Active
    • Good auction house

I got 2 websites im looking at:
    http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_rea...php?sort=Total

The first website lists how many players are in a realm. Ahn'Qiraj is listed as 25k players. Which is way high I can say from personal experience. Looking at the second website makes this more clear, it says there are players but they never log on. My question now: What should I look for? I just want an active realm but not one of those 1:50 Horde / alliance ratios..

Any tips?

bg queue are region wide. so all servers will have the same bg queue. and you i would look at both stormscale(lagscale) and kazzak.

kazzak has also alot of pve guilds/players. while stormscale has alot of boosted players. but also has alot of good players.
    dunno much about there ah's. and if you want a balanced a/h ratio and still pvp based have a look at defias brotherhood.

/edit both kazzak/stormscale both got like no alliance. so that might not be your server.

Deleted
    Defias Brotherhood has what you want.

There are barely any high pop realms with a balanced population but it doesn't affect BG queues anyway. Draenor is the main horde realm for EU atm so you should check that one out.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    bg queue are region wide. so all servers will have the same bg queue. and you i would look at both stormscale(lagscale) and kazzak.

kazzak has also alot of pve guilds/players. while stormscale has alot of boosted players. but also has alot of good players.
    dunno much about there ah's. and if you want a balanced a/h ratio and still pvp based have a look at defias brotherhood.

/edit both kazzak/stormscale both got like no alliance. so that might not be your server.
    Thanks for the tips, what I didn't realise while creating my post is that duo to battlegroup queue's horde / alliance ratios might not be so much of a problem.... Is there any reason for picking more balanced horde alliance ratios?

Will look into Defias Brotherhood but that's a RP server.. Isn't that like weird if you dont wanna RP?

Deleted

Will look into Defias Brotherhood but that's a RP server.. Isn't that like weird if you dont wanna RP?
    Nope. I don't rp at all, either. Very few people actually rp.

Is there any reason for picking more balanced horde alliance ratios?
    Only if you want World PVP in Pandaria and the capital cities.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Only if you want World PVP in Pandaria and the capital cities.
    yep pretty much this. but with vurtial realm on its way i'm not sure what will happen:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    yep pretty much this. but with vurtial realm on its way i'm not sure what will happen:P
    I think people don't actually know what virtual realms are. Blizzard clearly stated it's NOT a mass realm merging.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    I think people don't actually know what virtual realms are. Blizzard clearly stated it's NOT a mass realm merging.
    I'm confused then, to me it looks like Blizzard are clearly stating that it is indeed virtual realm merging.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

New Feature: Virtual Realms

Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House, join arena teams and raids, as well run dungeons or group up to complete quests.
    Players belonging to the same Virtual Realm will have a (#) symbol next to their name.
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2013-07-15 at 10:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would save the money and wait for next patch, if that turns out bad then you can consider switching.

aq doesn't have 25k players. it has 25k chars and only 2,5k lvl 90 chars http://wow.realmpop.com/eu-ahnqiraj.html

and that is not alot. while stormscale nearlt got 45k lvl 90 chars and almost 200k 1-90 chars.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. I don't rp at all, either. Very few people actually rp.
    yet rp servers are full. if you have respect for rpers you can freely roll a toon there.
    Last edited by loki504; 2013-07-15 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    A good way to check how good a server is, is to create a cahracter and run to an AH and check how many items are on it if you are unsure.

Can anyone suggest a good, well-populated and active PvP server on the horde side were people love to do PvP both in duels and outdoor stuff? Cause BG and arena-wise we have the battlegroups anyway.

I heard Outlands is pretty good PvP wise, but the horde players are so few - only about 11,000 at level 90. I want to do a lot of duels and my current server Jaedenar only has about 6K horde at 90.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemonia View Post
    Can anyone suggest a good, well-populated and active PvP server on the horde side were people love to do PvP both in duels and outdoor stuff? Cause BG and arena-wise we have the battlegroups anyway.

I heard Outlands is pretty good PvP wise, but the horde players are so few - only about 11,000 at level 90. I want to do a lot of duels and my current server Jaedenar only has about 6K horde at 90.
    Outland ?! You mean Proland ?! Outland is the server where all pvp-ers who have reached the stage where their e-peens have outgrown their brains and their manners have become almost non existing go to be amongst others such as them so they can call eachother noobs and retards and insult eachother's arena ratings into oblivion.
    Last edited by mmocac5c98d50e; 2013-07-15 at 04:44 PM.

Outland ?! You mean Proland ?! Outland is the server where all pvp-ers who have reached the stage where their e-peens have outgrown their brains go to be amongst others such as them so they can call eachother noobs and retards and insult eachother's arena ratings into oblivion.
    haha I've heard that before

Stormscale, huge horde PVP population - I didn't see a single alliance from 85-90 though and have so far seen just two 90s 'out in the wild' while I was stealthed at their PVP vendor.

haha I've heard that before
    Stormscale is just as elitist and rude as Outland, don't kid yourself. It's just opposite faction.
    Outland = Alliance PVP dominated, Stormscale = Horde PVP dominated.

But none of these two servers fit the OP's criteria because they aren't balanced at all.

Hi Guys,

• Horde
    • PvP
    • High pop
    • Active
    • Good auction house

Sounds like Outland

10+ Year Old Account
    Either Defias Brotherhood, had good fun grinding Alliance in their Shrine. BUT just as with all realms, A LOT and with a lot I mean A LOT of elitist people and people who just think it's fun to ruin someone's reputation for fun.
    Ragnaros is 50/50 and a ton of Wpvp nowadays. I see a lot of arena/rbg groups forming too, and the AH is quite nice. Lots of PVE raiding guilds too, so always flooded mats for raiding too.
    Just don't be one of the people who is also moving to those highly overpopulated realms with either qeue times or such a mass ammount of people you can't see the floor. Maybe good if you're lazy and just want to see people ALL day, but if you do like some quiet places from time to time, or at least mean something on a realm/guild, then those realms are not for you.