Deleted

Heroic Lei shen Blood

So yeah, starting prog on lei shen hc tonight. We downed Darkimus in 60 tries.
    Any tips for a blood dk? on how to handle helm of command ect

Thanks
    Darth

10+ Year Old Account
    Skill Massgrip for adds in p2 and p3.

for helm of command you will need other players to survive,

warlock portal
    grip from a priest
    roar from a druid

you cant run against helm of command on your own.

and for static shock you cant survive on your own also, maybe with all your cds dont know, im dps
    but i think it not worth tot pop all cds to survive one static schock as a tank.

You can run against the Helm on your own. You will need to have Death's Advance and be fairly close to the boss and in a 45° angle else you'll be pushed to the side rather than the corner.

As for static shock you won't get that as a tank - soaking it with someone else is no problem just pop AMS.

Other than that - pick up Gorefiend's graps for the jumping orbs in p2 and make sure to position yourself well in order to get as many of them in 1 place.

its actually a kinda simple encounter for tanks.
    the hard part of the boss doesnt affect tanks really. its pretty much learn what to do, when to taunt and where to stand and pray that your guildmates survive transitions.

you will need some trys to understand when to taunt him and when not. you will need a monk for taunts. i dont know what your 2nd tank is but if its not a monk a healmonk will probably do that job. after you figured out when to taunt and who takes decap and that, anything else will be kinda simple for you.
    the transition as tank its fairly easy you wont get static shock or anything. just move into the bouncing ball zones and stand away from ranges/healers to avoid spawning adds.
    for the helm of command i never needed any help of another player to avoid it but i have rocket boots if stuff goes bad. deaths advance is enough for the most part (depends on your position though)

Massgrip is necessary for the little adds, thats your job, dont ever fuck that up. if your guild has problems to kill them in time make sure to save some runes and DRW for their spawns and just spam BB after massgrip until they die. you can do quite alot dmg on them just by yourself.

for the last phase there is just to say that you can reset your stacks with proper AMS timing whenever he casts something. just use AMS at the end of the cast and your stacks will run out

Goblin Glider also works for Helm. It saved me a handful of times during progress by allowing me to glide back on after I had been thrown off the platform.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    As for static shock you won't get that as a tank - soaking it with someone else is no problem just pop AMS.
    didn't know that tanks cant get static schok in the transition phase.

You can run against the Helm on your own. You will need to have Death's Advance and be fairly close to the boss and in a 45° angle else you'll be pushed to the side rather than the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Goblin Glider also works for Helm. It saved me a handful of times during progress by allowing me to glide back on after I had been thrown off the platform.
    I would look for help from your mates everytime, because if you dont start as close as possible to the middle Death Advance is not enough and there are several reason you are not close to the middle that very moment, just cuddled for static shock or overcharge or just intercepted the bouncing bolts.

also sure that goblin glider works ?
    our tanks use it against thefusionthingkick in p2 but i can not imagine how to work against the helm because the helm push you striaght down from the platform and not lift you a little bit in the air so you could glide down? Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    also sure that goblin glider works ?
    our tanks use it against thefusionthingkick in p2 but i can not imagine how to work against the helm because the helm push you striaght down from the platform and not lift you a little bit in the air so you could glide down? Oo
    Fusion Slash can be negated by positioning the boss properly in such a way that you'll always hit a conduit when knocked back by it.

As I'm sure you're aware, the Goblin Glider gives you a slight forward boost, which, in conjunction with a jump, allows it to function similarly to a Goblin's Rocket Jump albeit covering a far, far smaller distance.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take death's advance and AMZ. DA positioned close to the boss will prevent you from being pushed off during intermission. We typically do 2/2/3/3 on the first intermission and 2/3/5 on the second one. On the first one it's always an immunity class (preferably melee, with a tank). If your platform gets two static shocks immunity one and AMZ the other with CDs, it's a fairly big CD. Mass grip is an obvious pick.

His melee isn't dangerous at all. Some people like to cheese using CDs by sitting down to get extra vengeance. I personally don't jump through those hoops as I find it dangerous, and in case something goes wrong I like to have my CDs ready. I wear full DPS gear and the bosses attacks are never a problem.

Mass grip isn't required on 10 man but obviously you should take it. Mass grip every second set of adds, and have somebody follow it up with a stun. On the ball lightnings not covered by mass grip I just manually death grip one and we place some ursol vortexe(s) down.

Being an engineer is good on this encounter. After the first transition we sit on the diffusion platform until the second slash, and do the same for the overcharge platform. Glider is great while in the air to get back to the boss immediately, it also is a good boost when timed with a jump to give you a bit more room IF/WHEN you get helm of command. Nitro boosts are obvious. You don't need to rely on nitro boosts but in the event you get two bolts while you have helm of command, it can safely (more often than not) allow you to both live from the helm of command and soak one of the bouncing bolts.

If you're tanking the last phase you can AMS immune his static wound thing after he is done casting an ability (like thunderstruck). Helps cut down on damage a lot.

Otherwise it's fairly straight forward. Tanks can't get targeted by overcharge or diffusion, and melee/MW monks can't be targeted by diffusion. Use this to your advantage when setting up groups for your intermission phases. Melee are extremely good on the 10 man version and proper positioning before ball lightnings can force as little as 3 ball lightnings to spawn. You can't do this all the time as the timing with diffusion/other abilities sometimes lines up poorly, but can and should be used to prevent raid damage and make your job easier.

Deleted
    Progged on it tonight, alot easier than I expected, doesn't even hit hard at all

Deleted
    You can easily run against it with Death's Advance (if you are close to the boss) and if you need something extra use your unholy presence.
    I took engineering for the nitroboost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Physx View Post
    You can easily run against it with Death's Advance (if you are close to the boss) and if you need something extra use your unholy presence.
    I took engineering for the nitroboost.
    Again, don't create a false image of the fight with saying easy to run against with Death Advance only.

There are several reason, why you are not close to the boss, running together for static shock, running together for overcharge, running away from an overchagre from another platform or you need to intercept bouncing balls and normaly the timer is so close at least one of these things happens just before
    helm of command.

As tank you wont get static schock or overcharge yourself but you still need to cuddle with your mates for it, in most cases, at least when static shock is not on a class that can take it solo like hunter, mage, warlock and so on, i was unholy for this fight and then you cant stay close to the middle because you dont want to have your overcharge cover alle three other platforms, one of my professions is engineering and nitro boost is enough to run against is easily but also i only use it when there is no other way because if it fails your are good as dead, getting pushed down or the fuelleak + damage from helm of command.

In all my trys and then the kill finally i came to the conclusion to play as safe as possible so take my advice and always look for and warlock portal, a rorar from a druid or a grip from a priest, just to make it safe.

Deleted
    Poping AMS make u "immune" for spell dmg and this means that you will not share static dmg with others. AMZ is far better here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyleight View Post
    Poping AMS make u "immune" for spell dmg and this means that you will not share static dmg with others. AMZ is far better here
    AMS doesnt make you immune to magic damage, it just absorbs and makes you immune to debuffs.

i often stand ins tatic shock with ams and got damaged everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyleight View Post
    Ya right...

- - - Updated - - -

There are several reason, why you are not close to the boss, running together for static shock, running together for overcharge, running away from an overchagre from another platform or you need to intercept bouncing balls and normaly the timer is so close at least one of these things happens just before
    helm of command.
    Oh gosh.... that's so wrong - how did you even kill the boss without knowing the rotation?
    But hey - here's the rotation:
    1) Overcharge appears on a player => get close, but don't go in yet
    2) Chain lightning hits => now you can go in
    3) Overcharge explodes => run to the center immediately
    4) Helm of Command and Bouncing Bolts appear
    5) Static shock is applied
    6) Bouncing Bolts land
    7) Static shock explodes => you position yourself for Overcharge

And if you need to run away from someone elses overcharge - then they standing in the wrong place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh gosh.... that's so wrong - how did you even kill the boss without knowing the rotation?
    But hey - here's the rotation:
    1) Overcharge appears on a player => get close, but don't go in yet
    2) Chain lightning hits => now you can go in
    5) Static shock is applied
    6) Bouncing Bolts land
    7) Static shock explodes => you position yourself for Overcharge

And if you need to run away from someone elses overcharge - then they standing in the wrong place.
    We are cuddling in the middle of the circle were the symbol of the platform is for overcharge, you dont need to move there put if you are cuddling close to lei shen you might be in range for the charge of the other platforms.

And you wrote yourself
    I dont know where you cuddle for overcharge but we dont cuddle in the middle next to lei shen and helm of command comes really fast after the explode of overcharge there is not much time zo no time running to the middle, also as explained above with the point where we are standing every overcharge explosion touches the middle of the other platforms.

I dont know where you cuddle for overcharge but we dont cuddle in the middle next to lei shen and helm of command comes really fast after the explode of overcharge there is not much time zo no time running to the middle, also as explained above with the point where we are standing every overcharge explosion touches the middle of the other platforms.
    That's because you're coming from a 25H dps standpoint.

As a tank in a 10H you should be either alone or with someone else:
    Your partner places himself at the edge of the circle close to the boss - this way you still won't be a danger to the other platforms.
    You as a tank place yourself right on top of the boss because you don't get the overcharge so there's no danger of you raping the other platforms.

Partner gets overcharged? - enter his circle at the side facing the boss then run to the boss after it expands.