Looting Chimera of Fear without gaining Valor?

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Chimera of Fear from Sha of Fear without gaining any valor points? I'll be getting the Chimera for my druid after this reset but I want to get the Test of Valor done in 3 weeks instead of 4 if possible.

Deleted
    To get the Chimaera you have to be present in the kill, meaning you will get the valor points for killing it. The only way to NOT get valor is by being capped already before getting the Chimaera, but that kindof defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

So, no, don't think there is anyway you can finish in 3 weeks. You will always be the 45 (normal/HC) or 90 points (LFR) short that you got for the kill on Sha for your Chimaera.

edit: the Chimaera is actually looted off the corpse (I think). If it would spawn in your inventory like the Sigils, then you could engage the boss and then log off. You would get the Chimaera in your mailbox then, but no valor points.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    To get the Chimaera you have to be present in the kill, meaning you will get the valor points for killing it. The only way to NOT get valor is by being capped already before getting the Chimaera, but that kindof defeats the purpose of the whole thing.
    This is the solution. But we are not talking about the 1000 VP weekly cap (because as you already have said that defeats the idea), but the 3000 VP hardcap.
    If you kill sha with 3000 VP, and then turn in the heart and spend 1000+ VP, you can gain 3000VP in three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    This is the solution. But we are not talking about the 1000 VP weekly cap (because as you already have said that defeats the idea), but the 3000 VP hardcap.
    If you kill sha with 3000 VP, and then turn in the heart and spend 1000+ VP, you can gain 3000VP in three weeks.
    Only have 920 valor currently so that's not really an option.

No matter what you do, it's going to take 3 resets after you loot the Chimera.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Only have 920 valor currently so that's not really an option.
    Then you'll be 80 valor short. Nothing else you can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Then you'll be 80 valor short. Nothing else you can do about it.
    why "after" this reset? You mean you aren't done with the sigils? Otherwise, you can kill sha a second time the same week for the chimera i believe. Doesn't need to be a fresh kill. Just Queue again for Toes in LFR, this time with the quest, kill him and loot chimera, on the same week, that way, you don't get valor from the next reset.

Unless I am missing something...

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    why "after" this reset? You mean you aren't done with the sigils? Otherwise, you can kill sha a second time the same week for the chimera i believe. Doesn't need to be a fresh kill. Just Queue again for Toes in LFR, this time with the quest, kill him and loot chimera, on the same week, that way, you don't get valor from the next reset.

Unless I am missing something...
    He might be missing a sigil this reset and not be able to get it before next.
    If that's the case, then remember that normal/LFR has seperate sigil drops - organizing a 10 man normal MSV might net you the sigil you're missing (announce it as an elegon mount run, see how quickly you fill up^^).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Chimera of Fear from Sha of Fear without gaining any valor points? I'll be getting the Chimera for my druid after this reset but I want to get the Test of Valor done in 3 weeks instead of 4 if possible.
    Test of Valor comes after the Chimera of Fear quest. It goes Sigils->Chimera->Valor->Secrets->Runestones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

If you have all your sigils now you can just do Sha again this week and loot the body. Otherwise their is no way short of being capped for points already.

Get into LFR ToES, when you're fighting the sha of fear, hit it and use hearthstone then when the boss is dead teleport back and loot the chimera.
    Most of the time when i have to leave of log off while fighting a boss, when the boss dies i sitll get a regular roll (not token roll) and when i got mailed the piece of loot i won.
    So this may work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    He might be missing a sigil this reset and not be able to get it before next.
    If that's the case, then remember that normal/LFR has seperate sigil drops - organizing a 10 man normal MSV might net you the sigil you're missing (announce it as an elegon mount run, see how quickly you fill up^^).
    Oh damn I wish I knew that before, 20 minutes until reset on my server though :S

Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    Get into LFR ToES, when you're fighting the sha of fear, hit it and use hearthstone then when the boss is dead teleport back and loot the chimera.
    Most of the time when i have to leave of log off while fighting a boss, when the boss dies i sitll get a regular roll (not token roll) and when i got mailed the piece of loot i won.
    So this may work.
    I think you'll also be awarded the valor if you do that but I'm not sure, I'll still try it anyway since it's really my only choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    So this may work.
    You'll still be awarded valor. I got into an LFR which was at Sha and the fight was in progress so I couldn't teleport into the raid. Even though I didn't tag the boss or even enter the raid, I still got my valor points when the group killed it.

Just for reference if anyone happens to come by this thread through a Google search having the same question, attempting to pull the final LFR boss then quit the game can still award Sigils but you will get the Valor too.