Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hmm...Blizzard is trademarking new products in Swaziland.

Should we be speculating that the next expansion will have an Africa theme?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnor View Post
    maybe somebody in blizzard is on vacation, and took care of this during their vacation
    Hey guys, I'm down in Swaitzland. You guys need anything?

Yeah, see if you can trademark Hearthstone down there, lol.

Hmm, Chief Zimba! Doolay says he can do that.

....... FINALLY WE CAN SEE SURPRISE ON PEOPLES FACES AT BLIZZCON!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They should be sneakier. Keeps the suspense up and adds more excitement then just *HEY I JUST FOUND THIS OUT ABOUT THE NEXT GAME WE'LL ALL PLAY* I have no hate for dataminers but I do like some secrecy.
    The hunt to find out these details is part of the suspense, it's case of how good your research skills are against the ticking clock of the announcement dates

Heh if they went this sneaky over hearthstone, then you can guarantee it'll not be as easy to even find this kind of info next time round for an actual wow expansion.

Let the headless hunt begin!

Is that the same Blizzard that told us who the final boss in the expansion would be? If they wanted to keep it a mistery why start now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone assemble a crack team of investigators, thieves, hackers, diplomats, spies, and the guy who runs wowhead.

We're finding out what the next expansion is called dammit.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    This is all fine and dandy, but you see, once Beta rolls around we get it all spoiled 6 months before release anyway. I wish they'd make it a private beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
    This is all fine and dandy, but you see, once Beta rolls around we get it all spoiled 6 months before release anyway. I wish they'd make it a private beta.
    I don't. There's stuff in the beta that directly affect my gameplay for the next 2+ years. Even if I am not in the Beta, I want to know about those changes ahead of time.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I can't believe no one remembers. A while back there was a post on MMO-Champion, on two patents that had been filed. Heart of the Swarm and Heroes of Warcraft. Everyone knew Heart was for starcraft, however no one was quite sure for Heroes of Warcraft. Well, Hearthstone is called, Hearthstone, Heroes of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Anyone else have to Google Swaziland to figure out where the hell it is?
    I'll be honest. When I read the OP's post I thought he was meaning to say Switzerland and was just poking fun at it with spelling related to the patent or something.

guys

CHECK NEW ZEALAND

nobody EVER expects those guys
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
    1) That is called the alpha beta, Then the friends and family (with an NDA)

and 2)..you could just not roam around MMO-Champ, or any other site (wowhead, reddit) that is wow affiliated if you dont want to get spoiled.

Deleted
    This is awesome!
    Also Ro9ue, that last post of yours made me "lol" out all the chocomilk in my mouth. Ty<3 loved it tho, so worth it!

Hearthstones other name is Heroes of Warcraft which we found out about back in November so this post isn't exactly true. They just didn't trademark Hearthstone till later.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    guys

CHECK NEW ZEALAND

nobody EVER expects those guys
    I checked both Australia and New Zealand just now - nothing new or unusual. Hearthstone is there but nothing I don't recognise (though I briefly got excited when I saw "Lord of Destruction" before I remembered that was a Diablo II expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Hearthstones other name is Heroes of Warcraft which we found out about back in November so this post isn't exactly true. They just didn't trademark Hearthstone till later.
    Yeah, was about to post about this. Just remembered that a few ago. So this post isnt't exactly accurate, though still gives lots to think about, gj OP.

From http://www.gov.sz/index.php?option=c...521&Itemid=254

REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION OF:
    TRADE MARKS

The mark should be distinctive
    Application should be done through a trade mark agent
    Representation of the mark
    Mark should be in the relevant class in respect of goods/services
    Prescribed fees
    PATENTS

Proof of registration either in the Republic of South Africa or United Kingdom
    Prescribed fees

Go try and find patents that Apple has. You cant'? Oh, that's right - because they are a smart company and "hide" their patents under bs titles and names

Grats to Blizzard for finally stepping up their game and coming to their senses

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Also, amusingly, the patent after the Hearthstone one (i.e. #86003647) is for something called B.I.L.F.
    Blizzard, I'd like to... you know the rest
    Wait, where is this?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    New WoW Expansion - Return to Swalizend ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Wait, where is this?
    I second this question. There is no trademark after Hearthstone as far as I can see?