No Fire Mage CM Nerf 5.4 will Burning Primal Meta be better than Legendary

So I know the Legendary's proc is amazing for adding Combustion Ticks but who sits there and waits for it to proc before they combustion? Perhaps if the Uptime was better. Anyhow just wondering if anyone has done the math on as we get near 100% crit if the Primal Meta's 3% Crit Dmg might be better. If we're chain casting Instant Pyros the haste buff isn't going to be that great anyhow

10+ Year Old Account
    can someone explain to me where CM actually factors in? If when i look at my character pane and it says i have 36% crit self buffed, how much crit do i actually have?

If fire goes to live as is, legendary meta would still win, purely cause it will always proc on pulls.. plus haste is still really good for fire even if you crit 100%.

Plus doesn't haste still reduce GCD, so the proc is extremely good when you chaincast instants as we dont stack haste..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    can someone explain to me where CM actually factors in? If when i look at my character pane and it says i have 36% crit self buffed, how much crit do i actually have?
    -3% boss crit suppression. Then fireball, FFB, scorch, and pyro have another 1.3x multiplier.

For raid bosses
    (Character pane number -3)*1.3

Deleted
    (armory crit +5 Molten Armor +5 int-3 )*1.3

and no. meta is still way better. especially if the xx% more critdmg/mastery/haste trinket goes live as it is now = pull with meta = insane damage.

edit: i was talking about armory crit in my mind
    Last edited by mmoc8d035151f1; 2013-07-13 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    -3% boss crit suppression. Then fireball, FFB, scorch, and pyro have another 1.3x multiplier.
    And a +6.5% boost to Pyroblast after all of that, assuming you have the 4p.

(Well, technically it's a 5% boost to Pyroblast before the 1.3x, but you can do either or; it comes out to be the same )
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ralikonik View Post
    (Character pane number +5 Molten Armor +5 int-3 )*1.3
    molten armour and AI are both part of the character pane number.

so as people said (x%crit - 3)*1,3
    for pyro crit with 4pc (x% crit + 5 -3)*1,3

Quote Originally Posted by Draagun View Post
    So I know the Legendary's proc is amazing for adding Combustion Ticks but who sits there and waits for it to proc before they combustion? Perhaps if the Uptime was better. Anyhow just wondering if anyone has done the math on as we get near 100% crit if the Primal Meta's 3% Crit Dmg might be better. If we're chain casting Instant Pyros the haste buff isn't going to be that great anyhow
    Fully Raid buffed I currently have 44.9% Crit

SimC, 450 second fight:
    Sinister: 197091 (44.9%)
    Burning: 187631 (44.45%)
    No Meta: 181885 (44.36%)

Sinister is so far ahead that there really shouldn't be a point where the Burning Meta can catch up.

Edit: I should also note, I'm seeing ~57-58% Crit on Fireball and ~65% on Pyroblast already.

Second Edit: Same test, with +20000 Crit rating. (79% raid buffed, 98.8% after suppression/CM)
    Sinister: 281969
    Burning: 270190
    No Meta: 260133
    Last edited by Pulski; 2013-07-11 at 10:01 PM. Reason: More maths

Deleted
    you need to remember that EVEN with 100% crit, Burning only is 3% crit damage, or 3% DPS. meanwhile, the LMG is 30% spell haste. i don't know the uptime, but if it's 33%, it's basically 10% passive haste. if it's 50%, it's 15% passive haste. but it's actually worth more than that because you can react to the proc and get extra DPS that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf is the point of giving raid bosses a 3% crit suppression...requiring 15% hit isnt enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't anything new. It has been that way for quite some time. The point? Who knows its one of the relics left behind from forever ago.

Deleted
    wtf is the point of giving raid bosses a 3% crit suppression...requiring 15% hit isnt enough?
    it's -1% crit suppression per level (and they are lvl 93), it's not bosses only

Their way of nerfing the (very few) crit-based casters that exist I suppose.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.