Looking for an objective view for temp ban on WOW forums...

I'm not sure why I was banned, but I am looking for an objective view from the community. Below you will see my original post and the second part is a bit jumbled (edited so its easier on the eyes)due to me responding to other posts. The post in its entirety is deleted.

Unfortunately all you can see is the "Account banned" reason, which does not include the inflammatory remarks by a MVP poster. The argument boiled down to I was posting a comment in regards to what blizzard had said and he had wanted me to redirect my post to somebody raging over the money blizzard was making over microtransactions. Regardless, what's below is what I am being temp banned for and I'm not sure how it applies to what was said. I went through and added (Quoting another poster) for people I was responding to. I will put their comments in bold also.

Keep in mind this is Blizzards definition of Spamming / Trolling, so tell me if it applies to what is being said below...

Spamming or Trolling
    This category includes:

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
    Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
    Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
    Making non-constructive posts
    Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
    Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements
    If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Origination: Forums / Comments
    Ban Type: Spamming / Trolling
    Expires: Friday, July 19, 2013 11:40:47 AM PDT (in 2 days, 23 hours)
    Ban Reason: 72 hour suspension from the World of Warcraft forums for trolling.

By: Majitok, L90 Troll Hunter, <Nightwatch>, Korgath
    Forum > General Discussion
    Thread Title:
    We need a player to Blizzard dev interpreter
    Reply #1
    Timestamp:
    Jul 16, 2013 10:01:43 AM
    Source : [Not allowed to post links due to forum access]

"First up: a trio of cosmetic helms for Transmogrification. When Transmog went into the game, people immediately started talking about the possibility of just buying armor looks."

Uhm, it occurred to you guys we meant in game right? Right? For example, we like the guards armor in (insert city of choice) and would like a vendor in game to purchase to look that way. I can see where it would be tricky the moment we say "buying" you immediately think with real money; but, unfortunately we want to buy in game items with the in game monetary. I think I can speak on behalf of everyone paying a premium subscription monthly fee that we're sorry for the confusion and look forward to seeing your new ideas of armor and items being implemented into the actual game. Your monthly paying consumer base thanks you.

By: Majitok, L90 Troll Hunter, <Nightwatch>, Korgath
    Forum > General Discussion
    Thread Title:
    We need a player to Blizzard dev interpreter
    Reply #15
    Timestamp:
    Jul 16, 2013 10:48:14 AM

I'd rather not pay for them at all. But if you think that gives you the right to speak for EVERYONE, you've got another thing coming. (Quoting another poster)

Is satire, disingenuous statements or sarcasm lost on these forums? Perhaps public schools should have a required reading of A Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift.

There have been requests to make gear available for cash on the store. (Quoting another poster)

There have been many requests pertaining gear amongst other things. The constant defense given are artists are too busy doing other things to handle "complaint X". For a subscription based game, this should be last on the list if at all. That's my opinion though, granted.S

So you'd rather pay extra money than not pay extra money?

Really?Really?I guess the OP should edit his post and change it to "I think I can speak on behalf of everyone who is even remotely intelligent and rational..." (Quoting another poster)

Thanks, I often feel alone. If ever I feel like I conforming to society I can always post on these forums to get the most obstinate responses.

I don't care about the CS, I'm not gonna use it. Why does it bother you if other people do? (Quoting another poster)

I don't like resources being devoted to it. It has nothing to do with the actual items. In fact, once everyone has it equipped, the novelty wears off and you rarely see it. Pretty much like the mounts that are purchasable. WoW has a premium subscription fee and these microtransactions are a slippery slope of failure that I won't bother to go into.

That's it... I appreciate you reading and responding if you take the time, since I would like to hear an objective view from other people. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Last edited by WowJokes; 2013-07-16 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think posting bans is against the rules
    Hi

Probably because you made a new thread instead of posting in the thread reserved for posts on the subject, plus replying flippantly to arguments that disagree with your opinions.

Is satire, disingenuous statements or sarcasm lost on these forums? Perhaps public schools should have a required reading of A Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift.
    This was a completely unnecessary post.

Thanks, I often feel alone. If ever I feel like I conforming to society I can always post on these forums to get the most obstinate responses.
    As was this.

Combine those two posts with you creating yet another thread about a topic that has a designated thread reserved for it, and there's your ban. You might not consider it this way, but those two quoted posts qualify as trolling/spam.

Consider this Blizzard's way of saying, "When your ban expires, maybe check for existing topics to post in before creating your own. Also, don't be a dick."
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-07-16 at 07:40 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Blizzard ban people for all sort of reasons, they don't have to follow their own rules strictly.

Looks like the person who dealt with the ban just took a dislike to you.

Seemed like a flippant remark that didn't bring anything to the thread but to cause confrontation. Maybe that was it.

I don't care about the CS, I'm not gonna use it. Why does it bother you if other people do? (Quoting another poster)

I don't like resources being devoted to it. It has nothing to do with the actual items. In fact, once everyone has it equipped, the novelty wears off and you rarely see it. Pretty much like the mounts that are purchasable. WoW has a premium subscription fee and these microtransactions are a slippery slope of failure that I won't bother to go into.

oke first of all can't talk about where a company is going to spend his resouces on just because you pay them 15 auro/dollar a month.
    and the resources just are paided off by the cash shop. the cashshop/transfers are probebly earn them more money then the money you pay them.

and saying you speak on behalf of everyone is just stupid. you can't speak from some1 else thats just stupid.

and if you really want to find out why you where banned call them. they tell you they can't help you? hang up and call again.
    calling them a few times they will tell you. so you will shut up. thats how companys work in 2013

and i would go with

Making non-constructive posts

using disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
    Last edited by loki504; 2013-07-16 at 08:05 PM.

There's nothing inherently bannable about the content of the posts - maybe your tone was a little combative - but what we don't have here is context. Specifically, how many other threads were talking about this all at once? If they're trying to condense the discussion into an official thread, making a new one with the same topic constitutes spamming. If half the first page is taken up with threads about the shop, making a new one adds nothing to the conversation and makes it more difficult for people who have already said their piece or don't care one way or the other to find a topic they actually do want to comment on.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Probably because you made a new thread instead of posting in the thread reserved for posts on the subject, plus replying flippantly to arguments that disagree with your opinions.

This was a completely unnecessary post.

As was this.

Combine those two posts with you creating yet another thread about a topic that has a designated thread reserved for it, and there's your ban. You might not consider it this way, but those two quoted posts qualify as trolling/spam.

Consider this Blizzard's way of saying, "When your ban expires, maybe check for existing topics to post in before creating your own. Also, don't be a dick."

I'm not arguing, but can you tell me how any of your statements apply to the reason.... (You do understand that all of the responses were in the same post right?) Also, you're taking some things being said without noticing the other 5 posts. For example, there were like 6 posts regarding that I was talking for everyone when it was actually used as common sarcastic phrase. I'm not saying you're wrong, just trying to understand your point of view.

1. Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
    2. Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
    3. Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
    4. Making non-constructive posts
    5. Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
    6. Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

1. No.
    2. No (Don't think so, not more than any other thread I have read regarding a blizzard policy.)
    3. No.
    4. No. (Maybe my opinion)
    5. No
    6. No

In regards to making a double post, do you feel that...

Blizzard is greedy and making money etc. etc. etc.

is the same as

Commenting on "First up: a trio of cosmetic helms for Transmogrification. When Transmog went into the game, people immediately started talking about the possibility of just buying armor looks."

I don't care specifically what blizzard wants to sell, just the fact they have constantly told us they lack artists and such for new gear/dungeons and yet able to produce new gear for sale in their shop and then make a statement like were all waiting for them to put stuff for purchase on the Blizzard Store. Just wondering what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    There's nothing inherently bannable about the content of the posts - maybe your tone was a little combative - but what we don't have here is context. Specifically, how many other threads were talking about this all at once? If they're trying to condense the discussion into an official thread, making a new one with the same topic constitutes spamming. If half the first page is taken up with threads about the shop, making a new one adds nothing to the conversation and makes it more difficult for people who have already said their piece or don't care one way or the other to find a topic they actually do want to comment on.
    Specifically there were 0 posts in regards to the comment I quoted.

There was 1 post about Blizzard being greedy and selling more stuff in the Blizzard store.

There was 1 post about Blizzard selling an elixir for 100% xp buff.

I guess I look at it like this... If you read a newspaper and it had 3 articles, One about the cost of labor in regards to building a new naval ship, another about health care benefits being offered to the people working on the project and a quote from Obama about the republicans advocating the implementation and construction you could see 3 articles in reference to them. Despite it being 3 different ideas, they all regard the same thing. Besides, 3 posts on the same subject isn't unheard of.

Regardless... It's not even why I was banned... Unless you feel what I posted falls into the category as Making non-constructive posts.
    Last edited by WowJokes; 2013-07-16 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Satire is notoriously difficult to convey in a forum setting unless clearly marked as such. Even then it can go too far.

More likely you were suspended for spamming yet another thread about something that had already received repeated requests to post in a single thread. Deliberately ignoring requests like that to start your own threads might be taken as trolling moderators as well.

In any case, moderation is tricky and inconsistencies happen. Next time, just state your opinion and don't try to be overly clever.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Satire is notoriously difficult to convey in a forum setting unless clearly marked as such. Even then it can go too far.

More likely you were suspended for spamming yet another thread about something that had already received repeated requests to post in a single thread. Deliberately ignoring requests like that to start your own threads might be taken as trolling moderators as well.

In any case, moderation is tricky and inconsistencies happen. Next time, just state your opinion and don't try to be overly clever.
    Ya... I don't disagree with you. I tried to make it funny and never guessed there would be a person who believed I was speaking on behalf of everyone. It's a saying that I think most people use just generalizing an idea. If I said I'm as high as a kite, you wouldn't think I was flying right? I mean, even somebody else made the remark....

So you'd rather pay extra money than not pay extra money?

Really?Really?I guess the OP should edit his post and change it to "I think I can speak on behalf of everyone who is even remotely intelligent and rational..." (Quoting another poster)

I didn't say that... Somebody else did and that implies that the other posters were not intelligent and rational. I merely quoted Jonathan Swift and my 7th grade english teacher would have been proud IMO.