Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Celestial Blessings Melee Dps, needs nerf?

So with my Frost DK, I finaly got up to this quest.
    And boooyyy... Im considering this as almost imposible for me.
    Seriously, couldn't even get Wrathion down to 50% hp. Its those damn Tear Blobs, I swear, I just got hammered by them.
    I could manage to adjust and avoid everything else with some effort, but those Tears just have way too much Hp... seriously. I try and kite them as much as I can, but I just end up taking too long to kill them and Wrathion would go into his Mirrior Images, and I would get killed because I cant kill the Tears and the Images at once.

So after 13 tries, and many searching, I gave up and decided to do the Tank Challenge with my Offspec Tanking Gear.
    Funny thing was, completed the Tank Challenge, first try. Most of my Tank gear was lfr 502, compared to my dps gear, which is almost full 522 (also upgraded) gear. Tanking Challenge is a walk in the park to the Dps Challenge.
    I look at as much strategy on the dps challenge as I could, by those tears is the only thing that forces you to have better gear or a high amount of dps to kill. Also the fact that I won the Tank Challenge first try, by simply using my aggro abilities and Death Strike. This is why I think it needs to be nerfed.
    Last edited by Decisive The Hallowed; 2013-07-17 at 02:58 AM.

yeh the dps challenges are a challenge, the tank and healer ones are a fucking joke.

bit silly really i guess tanking and healing is just faceroll!?...nah i know it's not but blizz kinda failed with those 2 challenges.

It's almost like this is a legendary quest or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Deleted
    Spec unholy.
    Attack wrathion as much as possible, getting strong diseases all over his face.
    Use chilblains to kite the bloods and conversion for the heals when needed.
    Rolling blood spread diseases between bloods/wrathion/mirror images.
    Interrupt "Blood of the Deathborn" to stop the void zones.

Doesn't need a nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    It's almost like this is a legendary quest or something.
    Maybe that would work if he didn't compare it to another version of the same quest with a lower requirement by a decent amount. But he did so that point is weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got it in 2 attempts. Just gotta learn when to move and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Malist View Post
    Maybe that would work if he didn't compare it to another version of the same quest with a lower requirement by a decent amount. But he did so that point is weak.
    Many dps have one/two shot their melee challenge. Many people have failed the tanking challenge 10/20 times in a row. Completely subjective.
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really understood why people struggle with the challenges. I went in and one shot the physical dps challenge not even knowing what was going to happen as a rogue with 525 il.

here casuals getting touchs on LEGENDARY cloacks and whining about it beeing to hard to get

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It took me 2ish attempts on my DK alt and he's fairly low ilevel. It's just a matter of figuring out where to stand and how to deal with the adds.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    here casuals getting touchs on LEGENDARY cloacks and whining about it beeing to hard to get
    The reason why Im ranting about this is the fact that 2 out of the 3 challenges are easier than the 3rd. Its unbalanced.
    And while you say its easy on your class, each class have their own strengths and weaknesses that can give them either an advantage or disadvantage to the fight.
    Last edited by Decisive The Hallowed; 2013-07-17 at 03:52 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am in the same boat and same frost DK. Those blobs kill me they respawn like almost the same time he does mirror image. So i am burning my AoE's on the images while those blobs are gaining speed and when mirror image is over i am waiting for my AoE's while those blobs are at max speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    I never really understood why people struggle with the challenges. I went in and one shot the physical dps challenge not even knowing what was going to happen as a rogue with 525 il.
    Heh, I failed rDPS one the first time in 530+ ilvl. I expected a Brawl rank 6 level difficulty and thought I could just burst him down/ignore everything. >.<

I did it today as a Frost DK.

One shot it.

Dunno the complaints all you have to do is kite and not stand in shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a similar ilvl to you on my Frost DK and one-shot it. I imagine that any perceived difficulty is intended. Maybe this kind of situation is something the Proving Grounds will help people with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh,I tried it for an hour then gave up. A shitty looking "ledgendary" wasn't worth more then an hours effort. Blizzard didn't put any effort into the ledgendary models so why should I put any effort into getting it?
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-07-17 at 04:04 AM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Meh,I tried it for an hour then gave up. A shitty looking "ledgendary" wasn't worth more then an hours effort. Blizzard didn't put any effort into the ledgendary models so why should I put any effort into getting it?
    After all that grinding for the Secrets for weeks and you give up? :/
    If your not in for the look, why not the stats? Its far better than any cape available at the moment, and possibly still better than the capes in the next patch.
    Last edited by Decisive The Hallowed; 2013-07-17 at 04:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    what i got from this is that the tanking/healing challenge need to be buffed....this is a quest for a legendary item....cant believe there is really talk about nerfing it.

One shot it as a WW in my BM gear.

yeh the dps challenges are a challenge
    Well really depends on the class killed it in less than 15 seconds on my undergeared mage ...