Thread: Crazy stuns...

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Crazy stuns...

What is your opinion on stuns etc.....

The one i hate the most is the 8 second lock fear... i feel that it is to long....
    everything else i can hop out of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixy View Post
    What is your opinion on stuns etc.....

The one i hate the most is the 8 second lock fear... i feel that it is to long....
    everything else i can hop out of.
    a fear is not a stun. a stun is a stun. they are 2 different things. you mean CC(Croud Control)
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

CC is manageable but still over the top.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuns and CC are fine in the current state of high damage/high healing/too many defensive cool downs to cycle through. The great thing about CC is that it can be used both defensively and offensively. I have no idea why people want to lower it as it would make this game much worse.

I hate cows, the one i hate the most is an elephant!

On topic tho:
    You guys dont (want to) see the whole picutre. I maybe dont see the WHOLE picture itself as well, but a bigger part at least.
    CC may be at or over the top in your eyes and i wont even argue about that, BUT it is kinda like what we need right now.

With so much healing we got, we would run into very very long arena matches if CC was nerfed right now. Maybe we might even have a hard time to do kills at all.
    Right now even with the over the top CC, you still gotta perfectly time and execute you CC chain to get a kill.
    As long as healers are able to heal versus two DD´s damage it is freaking neccesary to work like it does now.

That overpowered healing alone isnt the problem but mana regen is. I wouldnt mind a healer healing my and my teammates damage and so annihilating it, as long as somewhen in the NEAR future he is about to go OOM from it.
    But healers can do that for 45 minutes nowadays.
    Last edited by ripponesan; 2013-07-17 at 11:42 AM.

CCs have diminishing returns in PVP. I think it's okay....not too much trouble

Deleted
    Getting 3x feared into 1x trinket + 2x chaos bolts or just 3x chaos bolts isn't fun, no.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    I hate cows, the one i hate the most is an elephant!
    I laughed way too hard at this.

OT: The amount of CC is insane but it's kinda needed with how PvP is right now. The amount of gameplay changes they'd have to make to lower CC (such as severe nerfs to healing) just aren't plausible in this expansion. Maybe in 6.0. We can hope. Probably not. Ok, most likely no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    a fear is not a stun. a stun is a stun. they are 2 different things. you mean CC(Croud Control)
    Actually, fears are basically stuns these days because they don't break on damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Getting 3x feared into 1x trinket + 2x chaos bolts or just 3x chaos bolts isn't fun, no.
    thats a horrible playing you got there

Actually, fears are basically stuns these days because they don't break on damage.
    Then I must be doing something wrong since my fel flame or even recasting dots brake it. On the other hand warriors fear has been buged for 2 patches, yes.
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-07-17 at 01:41 PM.

Yea I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like I can take way more damage while feared (without it breaking) in MoP then in any previous expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle View Post
    Yea I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like I can take way more damage while feared (without it breaking) in MoP then in any previous expansion.
    Thats because you have way more life than in previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    thats a horrible playing you got there

Then I must be doing something wrong since my fel flame or even recasting dots brake it. On the other hand warriors fear has been buged for 2 patches, yes.
    I've lost count of the amount of times I've been chaos bolted and stayed in the fear, along with all the dots etc on me
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I've lost count of the amount of times I've been chaos bolted and stayed in the fear, along with all the dots etc on me
    probably because the chaos bolt had been cast before the fear. I don't see how there is any other way because it's gotten to the point that even my immolate/fel flame breaks it.

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    probably because the chaos bolt had been cast before the fear. I don't see how there is any other way because it's gotten to the point that even my immolate/fel flame breaks it.
    If I'm in a fear, and you cast a chaos bolt and smack my cock off with it, please explain how you casted the CB before fearing me.

Deleted
    1. cast fear
    2. cast chaos bolt
    3. cast fear

If a destro lock can't do that to you they have a hard time catching you otherwise (if you're LoS'ing a lot). That being said, I've also been psychic screamed + pysfiend right after with 3 orb DP destroying 70% of my life while apparently feared the whole time. Also for some reason, warrior fear while they are avatar wrecking you doesn't break for 1-2 seconds sometimes when they've already taken over 50% of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    1. cast fear
    2. cast chaos bolt
    3. cast fear
    1. cast fear
    2. cast chaos bolt
    3. do some other shit because lol im still feared

How to make PvP 3v3 fun again.

1.) Take away the ability for one player to gib another player. Should take both people connecting to land a kill when everyone is topped.
    2.) Remove soo much of the CC.
    3.) Cut healer regen by a ton.

The way I would then hope games would go would be a more TBC style in which you had to cycle cooldowns out of your opposing team to either score a kill in a short CC chain when they are low (taking advantage of the situation) or play a long game in which you try to oom the opposing healer and then push for a kill. I think pushing a long game should take about 15-20 minutes in 3v3 so mana should be focused around that.

Right now the game is so built around burst damage or long CC chains. There is no opportunity for nuanced play anymore. The games are either over in 2 minutes because someone got trained out of their defensives or just plain gibbed by all the damage, or they never end because neither team has the right CC/damage to finish off a target and the healers never run out of mana.

Frustrating game is frustrating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    1. cast fear
    2. cast chaos bolt
    3. do some other shit because lol im still feared
    Does not occur.