Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I do say, good game old chap" .... saunters off back to Stormwind.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    If the Alliance took over Orgrimmar that would affect gameplay for Horde. Gameplay should always take place over story/lore. As for wanting to "return Alliance land" that's also ridiculous, because, like GC said, it would require them to redo zones.

Maybe for 5.5 their should be a new raid called Siege of Stormwind, where the Horde goes into Stormwind, kills the king, and then burns Stormwind to the ground. Lots of QQ would happen, but in the end the Alliance players would keep whining about 'Horde favoritisms' while throwing Blizzard their money.
    Agreed, there seems to be no end to Ally whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Snip
    I agree with you, though the fact is that for millions of players, what is shown is the game 'is' the lore, and that is what counts. They could write a book where Greymane and the Worgen fight a glorious battle and finally take back Gilneas from the Undead; though if they don't change anything in-game, then the average player is still going to view Gilneas as little more than an abandoned ruin of a city, and the Forsaken as the foe who conquered Gilneas will little difficulty at all, and who for all intents and purposes have won the battle.

The issue arises where more Horde victories are demonstrated in-game than in the books and stories on the WoW website. It doesn't matter if Knaak et al write books wherein the Alliance do a lot of conquering; in-game, the Forsaken still ruined Gilneas, the Orcs still blew up that druid school in Stonetalon, and so on and so forth.

I'm not saying war has to be equal by any stretch of the imagination; but for an expansion where the Alliance was supposed to be fighting back with a vengeance, we're not really seeing it. What's worse, we're helping the Horde; and our 'great victory' is shrugged off as fighting those "big, bad Horde who weren't really true Horde at all".

Waits for the 5.4 raids, I am so glad i could care less about the lore or story line.

Varian is a very prideful man. Taking down a beaten horde is not a true win for him. Thus why he left. to let the horde rebuild to full strength then finish it.

in my opinion.

Is anyone really surprised at how bad this expansion has turned out for the Alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by silentender View Post
    If I remember correctly in classic Horde didn't even have enough quests to hit 60, and Alliance was heavily favored, as all of their quests were done first and given "Epic" experiences. Onyxia questline, Horde get "Lets find Rexxar" and Alliance get a epic questline to find Varian. TBC was very Alliance favored with many Alliance heavy characters and NPCs and the same goes for wrath. So the moment Horde gets the same treatment Alliance players start acting like the Horde were "Always" favored by blizzard, which isn't true, because most of the original WoW dev team, which has left, were very heavily Alliance favored, as can be seen by the treatment they received in earlier times in WoW.
    Onyxia, yes.
    The Varian questline never actually concluded. It just stopped mid-quest.
    TBC was Alliance favored? You mean all our heroes being a single quest giver while Horde got appearances by Thrall, Rexxar, introduced Garrosh, and the entire expansion, including the draenei's purpose in the story, culminated in empowering the blood elves?

Honestly, I'm pretty much done with Blizzard. The next expansion will revolve around the Horde trying to prove themselves, regain their honor, etc and the Alliance will be on equal footing as the Horde rather than in a better position. The Alliance will never act, they will only follow the Horde's lead.

Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn and EverQuest Next look more and more promising.

bait and switch tactic

so in 5.1 when blizzard said War is coming back to world of warcraft, we should've known it would just end like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Onyxia, yes.
    The Varian questline never actually concluded. It just stopped mid-quest.
    TBC was Alliance favored? You mean all our heroes being a single quest giver while Horde got appearances by Thrall, Rexxar, introduced Garrosh, and the entire expansion, including the draenei's purpose in the story, culminated in empowering the blood elves?

Honestly, I'm pretty much done with Blizzard. The next expansion will revolve around the Horde trying to prove themselves, regain their honor, etc and the Alliance will be on equal footing as the Horde rather than in a better position. The Alliance will never act, they will only follow the Horde's lead.

Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn and EverQuest Next look more and more promising.
    Forgive me if I'm skeptical.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Grab a hold of something, the tidal waves of an alliance fanboy tsunami approach again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Agreed, there seems to be no end to Ally whining.
    I honestly couldn't care less if the alliance loses at every turn anymore, I can't remember when if ever there was a major Alliance victory over the Horde.

However you Hordies can also whine pretty loud, though I can hardly ever see the reasoning behind it.

I'm much more interested about non Alliance/Horde lore, its a much better read.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Forgive me if I'm skeptical.
    Skeptical of the story writing? I stopped giving it that much credence since the end of WOTLK and the original lore.

If skeptical of something else, then I misinterpreted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I agree with you, though the fact is that for millions of players, what is shown is the game 'is' the lore, and that is what counts. They could write a book where Greymane and the Worgen fight a glorious battle and finally take back Gilneas from the Undead; though if they don't change anything in-game, then the average player is still going to view Gilneas as little more than an abandoned ruin of a city, and the Forsaken as the foe who conquered Gilneas will little difficulty at all, and who for all intents and purposes have won the battle.
    To be fair the average wow player wouldn't care for lore, even if you shove it down their throat.

The issue arises where more Horde victories are demonstrated in-game than in the books and stories on the WoW website. It doesn't matter if Knaak et al write books wherein the Alliance do a lot of conquering; in-game, the Forsaken still ruined Gilneas, the Orcs still blew up that druid school in Stonetalon, and so on and so forth.

I'm not saying war has to be equal by any stretch of the imagination; but for an expansion where the Alliance was supposed to be fighting back with a vengeance, we're not really seeing it. What's worse, we're helping the Horde; and our 'great victory' is shrugged off as fighting those "big, bad Horde who weren't really true Horde at all".
    Indeed blizzard could have done a better job with portraying Alliance victories, but still you get plenty of things lorewise and will stay strong and united for quite some time unless Jaina and Varian split the Alliance into two camps.

Easy switch for you alliance who do nothing but bitch, go horde and STFU. We tire of your endless crying tirades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Skeptical of the story writing? I stopped giving it that much credence since the end of WOTLK and the original lore.

If skeptical of something else, then I misinterpreted.

It was towards someone else. Not you in particular.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The better question to ask is what role the Alliance will have NEXT expansion. Alliance had better be the main faction for story purposes, meaning Alleria and Turalyon better return.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

"If the Alliance took over Orgrimmar that would affect gameplay for Horde"

Outland and Dalaran say Hi. the period of time you play in is based on your character level, what content you're currently at

alliance could have org for all level 90+ players. phasing allows under 89s to still visit it in the past. Horde loiters in tb/silvermoon/etc while waiting for their queue to pop til next expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    "If the Alliance took over Orgrimmar that would affect gameplay for Horde"

Outland and Dalaran say Hi. the period of time you play in is based on your character level, what content you're currently at

alliance could have org for all level 90+ players. phasing allows under 89s to still visit it in the past. Horde loiters in tb/silvermoon/etc while waiting for their queue to pop til next expansion
    Except Outland and Dalaran aren't phased. It takes a lot more work to do that.

It's hilarious that people actually keep tabs on these things.

People are passionate about a franchise. What did you expect? Run along now.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hilarious that people actually keep tabs on these things.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The better question to ask is what role the Alliance will have NEXT expansion. Alliance had better be the main faction for story purposes, meaning Alleria and Turalyon better return.
    Considering the excuse that was the Alliance story in MoP was supposed to be our big come back, I imagine next expansion we'll be comparable to the teenage girls who stand screaming outside Twilight premiers; wishing, hoping and praying for a glimpse of our Horde demigods.