Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Considering the excuse that was the Alliance story in MoP was supposed to be our big come back, I imagine next expansion we'll be comparable to the teenage girls who stand screaming outside Twilight premiers; wishing, hoping and praying for a glimpse of our Horde demigods.
    I wouldn't go that far.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    alliance tears.. delicious

contradictions itt. tons of people claiming they can't change the zones again, yet all the zone quests 1-60 and 80-85 are written with garrosh as warchief. yet alliance cant have org at 90. theyre going to put a new warchief inside org for ALL LEVELS but cant be bothered to redo quests and zones? phase org for 90s or under 90s. the end

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I dunno, man. They're kinda salty.

Mostly for game play reasons honestly. Also there would be fewer sanctions and such anyway because, unlike the Horde, the Alliance tries to do the right thing and isn't as easily pushed down darker paths. The Alliance can defeat Garrosh and walk away because we're bigger, stronger, and better than the Horde.

Also, Pandaria is coming to a close. It started with open war between the two factions. The Alliance has unified under Varian as the High King and Champion of Goldrinn (pretty important to the Night Elves and Worgen) and withstood the war. The Horde fractured, started killing itself, and folded like a cheap suit.

Game, set, match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    contradictions itt. Tons of people claiming they can't change the zones again, yet all the zone quests 1-60 and 80-85 are written with garrosh as warchief. Yet alliance cant have org at 90. Theyre going to put a new warchief inside org for all levels but cant be bothered to redo quests and zones? Phase org for 90s or under 90s. The end
    "i don't like phasing blizz wtf11111"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The expansion where it's supposed to be less focused on one big global mutual threat and more on Alliance Vs Horde, how else could it have gone other than a big fight where their needed to be balance in the end for game play purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Talthun View Post
    The Alliance can defeat Garrosh and walk away because we're bigger, stronger, and better than the Horde.
    By Warcraft standards, that doesn't really count as a victory. Sure, we can be "the better man" and walk away; where is the mark of the better man on Azeroth however? Are the Horde going to erect a big placard on the gates of Orgrimmar which will say, "Thank you for sparing our lives, Alliance; we will strive to learn from what you did here"?

It seems that by being a brutal and uncompromising leader, you get all sorts of shrines to your might in Azeroth; from the crater where Theramore once stood, to the ghost city of Gilneas.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2013-07-17 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Grow up.

Isn't it obvious by now that they can't put an interesting story together at this point? They can't for the life of themselves. What happened to people who wrote the lore back in the days of Warcraft? Twists, turns, you always felt interested. I read the WC3 books that game with the game over and over, and now? Now I just don't care about lore anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    TBC was Alliance favored? You mean all our heroes being a single quest giver while Horde got appearances by Thrall, Rexxar, introduced Garrosh, and the entire expansion, including the draenei's purpose in the story, culminated in empowering the blood elves?
    To be fair the Draenei are all about their army, if the alliance would get into their way to achieve that goal they would leave it in a heartbeat, and according to Velen's great vision the blood elves will play a big part in that army, they did not help them out of the ggodness of their hearts but to ensure the formation of the army of the light.

The Alliance could reclaim all of Kalimdor. Build a Castle in Orgrimmar. Put Varian on a Throne over Garrosh's grave. And have Thrall and Vol'jin massaging one foot each.

The Alliance would still complain 1) That they still haven't taken back Gilneas 2) That not getting back Lordaeron is Horde favouritism 3) Thrall giving foot rubs just furthers his Green Jesus status 4) This is still a Horde centric expansion. 5) Varian is a tool and doesn't deserve foot rubs.

Do you know why Blizzard doesn't write good Alliance Lore? It's because the Alliance vocal majority are whiny brats who only track losses rather than having any pride in their faction or soverignty. I have tried so many times to rally my people to actually have some pride but they only ever commiserate losses. I gave up, went Horde and have never been prouder.

And actually I take that back because Blizzard write plenty of great alliance Lore. Even Wolfheart was pretty good and that was written by Knaak. Tides of War was good. Beyond the Dark Portal was good. Of Blood and Honour was a good Alliance centric book. Stormrage featured some great Alliance moments.
    Last edited by thesmall001; 2013-07-17 at 06:13 PM.

Jeez..the alliance players in this game are like Fox news.

phasing is in the game for everyone regardless if they know it or not, if you don't finish an entire zone's storylines/quest or get loremaster achievement you're phased in a different time period

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Considering the excuse that was the Alliance story in MoP was supposed to be our big come back, I imagine next expansion we'll be comparable to the teenage girls who stand screaming outside Twilight premiers; wishing, hoping and praying for a glimpse of our Horde demigods.
    Assuming that it's Legion next, the Alliance SHOULD have their big moment finally. No faction has been more involved collectively fighting the Legion than the Alliance (NElf and Draenei, plus the Old Alliance).

If Blizz throws all that aside and gives us a BS reason that Thrall should be the hero, we will have confirmed once and for all that there is a clear Horde bias at the writing departmnet.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Most people have a level capped character on both factions(or several) this isn't just an alliance vs. horde complaint. us with horde "mains" are still bothered by it

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    @kyrtfurey Lore-wise we could say that zones changed hands but wouldn't it be lame once you visited them and saw that was not the case?
    Are they on bad drugs? Someone point them at next dealer, obviously their current drug dealer sells them worst shit. Then, why I see horde still in Dalaran? That isn't lame?

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Surprised? Blizzard always favors the horde.
    lol @ you.

Blizzard favors money

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    The Alliance could reclaim all of Kalimdor. Build a Castle in Orgrimmar. Put Varian on a Throne over Garrosh's grave. And have Thrall and Vol'jin massaging one foot each.

The Alliance would still complain 1) That they still haven't taken back Gilneas 2) That not getting back Lordaeron is Horde favouritism 3) Thrall giving foot rubs just furthers his Green Jesus status 4) This is still a Horde centric expansion. 5) Varian is a tool and doesn't deserve foot rubs.

Do you know why Blizzard doesn't write good Alliance Lore? It's because the Alliance vocal majority are whiny brats who only track losses rather than having any pride in their faction or soverignty. I have tried so many times to rally my people to actually have some pride but they only ever commiserate losses. I gave up, went Horde and have never been prouder.

And actually I take that back because Blizzard write plenty of great alliance Lore. Even Wolfheart was pretty good and that was written by Knaak. Tides of War was good. Beyond the Dark Portal was good. Of Blood and Honour was a good Alliance centric book. Stormrage featured some great Alliance moments.
    Amen, brother. Preach it.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You do know it was inhabited by Night elves, they had settlements there Nendis for example, until Illidan decided to steamroll them with his Naga allies.
    Technically, the Night Elves rules all of Azeroth..

Quote Originally Posted by justinmccray111 View Post
    Technically, the Night Elves rules all of Azeroth..
    No technically trolls as one of the races, predating the Titan arrival would.