Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this would be hard to implement at all. They should add another Ethereal NPC and call it Void Transportation. That way you can deposit any BoA you want to send over to another realm. This would just flag some simple parameters as 'deposited' which are still true on the other realm (as they access the same account information). While doing so, you essentially kill the item on your current server but it being in the void makes it still retrievable on time (but the choice on what realm is yours). You may only have up to 5 items in void transportation to prevent storage. Also, this only works for BoA items/gear.

So basically, talk to NPC, npc destroys boa, boa gets flagged as in the void, this info gets carried over to any realm, you may retrieve it elsewhere at the NPC.

Sure, the technology of just mailing to another realm may not exist, but an easy solution isn't that hard to realize. In the end, it comes down to money and how they prioritize their resources. It just hasn't been an important one up until now.

Gehco what is the point of making everything "account wide" if you would have to MAIL items to other characters on your account on another realm? everyone who said it is correct, it's been all about money this entire time. We could have a freaking bank tab added that was account wide if blizzard wanted, that functioned exactly like the pets/mounts tab. drop items you want on other realms in, take them out on other realm

10+ Year Old Account
    heirlooms are easy to obtain, I have recently decided to level up a horde monk and needed some heirlooms to make it faster leveling, since all my toons are alliance on that realm my only option was to buy them on alliance and mail them to my horde, most of the items were easily obtained via gold and JP's, it took longer to get the monk geared if I was able to mail items from another realm, but it wasn't as hard as you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    This is the correct answer. Everything else is bullshit. (I'm looking at you so called DBA's and network/programmers). The code is there, they just wont use it cause they would lose xfer money.
    It is not even the same. This item from the store is generated in single codes to each character you have. We aren't discussing the creation of new items. We are discussing the moving of already excisting items. It's not even the same as the store, they don't have a source item they just send codes from, you do. You have the item the whole discussion is about, it doesn't just jump to another server if you need it.

Blizz doesn't want you to have duplicates unless you've bought it. Else I could see the price being 10 times more than normal heirlooms, just so you can talk to an NPC that gives you the heirlooms where ever you are.

That is not the goal, they want to have your item being the source and then having that generated on the other server as it disappears on the first one. And there was a string of programming example in this thread, that seems to point towards what I hope, that 5.4 has a good solution.

Start with first step.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I don't think this would be hard to implement at all. They should add another Ethereal NPC and call it Void Transportation. That way you can deposit any BoA you want to send over to another realm. This would just flag some simple parameters as 'deposited' which are still true on the other realm (as they access the same account information). While doing so, you essentially kill the item on your current server but it being in the void makes it still retrievable on time (but the choice on what realm is yours). You may only have up to 5 items in void transportation to prevent storage. Also, this only works for BoA items/gear.

So basically, talk to NPC, npc destroys boa, boa gets flagged as in the void, this info gets carried over to any realm, you may retrieve it elsewhere at the NPC.

Sure, the technology of just mailing to another realm may not exist, but an easy solution isn't that hard to realize. In the end, it comes down to money and how they prioritize their resources. It just hasn't been an important one up until now.
    See, now, I like this idea quite alot. And even the idea of limiting the amount of BoA at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    Gehco what is the point of making everything "account wide" if you would have to MAIL items to other characters on your account on another realm? everyone who said it is correct, it's been all about money this entire time. We could have a freaking bank tab added that was account wide if blizzard wanted, that functioned exactly like the pets/mounts tab. drop items you want on other realms in, take them out on other realm
    Again, been pointed before, even by Blizzard. It isn't just as easy as a tab. And you can see on the example that they are making the mailsystem (or trying)

And I didn't want account wide, the people who compare this to the store seems to - as it's not the same programming.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

"oh but that would be inventory space, we can't do that" ok then make it so your account learned the items like pets/mounts instead. blizzard was out of excuses for this long ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    "ERR_MAIL_CANT_SEND_REALM - You can't send mail to that realm.
    ERR_REALM_NOT_FOUND - Cannot find that realm.
    INTERACTIVE_REALM_TOOLTIP - Interactive Realm (#)\nGroup, Whisper, Mail, Trade, Guild, Arena
    INTERACTIVE_SERVER_LABEL - (#)"

People have gotten hope, yet you want more right away, It's still in the testing.
    I've speculated that Virtual Realms would make mailing other realms your boa's possible, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Look! Words!

The tech existed as soon as they implemented any sort of web interface that could interact with the game servers themselves. Now, granted it'd take minimal time to do all the hooks necessary to pull JP/VP information but it most definitely is something that could be achieved by buying it through battle.net.

I'm still fairly certain the tech just isn't there yet (and really have no idea what their codebase looks like obviously) but it would take some time to be able to mail things off to characters on other servers. CRZ is one step towards bring in the needed tech but yea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    "oh but that would be inventory space, we can't do that" ok then make it so your account learned the items like pets/mounts instead. blizzard was out of excuses for this long ago
    But that would go against the original idea, of the item being from you. Pretty sure they don't want you have the heirlooms like you have mounts/pets, that would mean "unlimited" access to heirlooms - they want the item to be yours. Your job to send it around, your job to store it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    I've speculated that Virtual Realms would make mailing other realms your boa's possible, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    I have semi hopes, mostly due to the fact the VR allows people to join the same guild, so should be plausible to use mailbox to send things to them - so heirlooms is plausible.

We can just wait and see, instead of pointing fingers and speak out about a ton of things about a subject that has been in testing for a while.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They could have easily made a vendor that works just like the tabard vendor then you could have them on any server

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    The tech existed as soon as they implemented any sort of web interface that could interact with the game servers themselves. Now, granted it'd take minimal time to do all the hooks necessary to pull JP/VP information but it most definitely is something that could be achieved by buying it through battle.net.

I'm still fairly certain the tech just isn't there yet (and really have no idea what their codebase looks like obviously) but it would take some time to be able to mail things off to characters on other servers. CRZ is one step towards bring in the needed tech but yea.
    They are stepping closer to the tech, really. CRZ gave a better window for VR, which leads closer to cross server mailboxes. We can wait and see how their testing goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    They could have easily made a vendor that works just like the tabard vendor then you could have them on any server
    But you would have the main problem then, it'll be "unlimited" then, if it's like the tabard vendor. They don't want you to be able to take the heirlooms you want, they want it to be able to use the heirlooms you have. And not multiple, unless you have multiple already.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    An easy fix to this is to abolish heirlooms and set the experience rates fair enough so everyone can agree with it.
    Inexperienced players will take longer to do quests, will be a lot less efficient, etc.
    There is no right or wrong amount of experience, but those who complain about heirlooms are simply not seeing the experience from that of a new player.
    One who is levelling through that content for the first time, and without the benefit of experience be it from another race, faction, or class.
    Even with new content, such as race specific, class specific, or faction specific any previous experience from another one will have an impact and will make it easier.

They already have the system in place. You can buy a pet on a toon, learn it, go to a new server cage it and sell it. Now, make an interface like that for heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    They already have the system in place. You can buy a pet on a toon, learn it, go to a new server cage it and sell it. Now, make an interface like that for heirlooms.
    Still not the same. The code needed is to obtain the heirloom and then use it on another char, but then making unobtainable till removed from the previous char.

Still not the same. The code needed is to obtain the heirloom and then use it on another char, but then making unobtainable till removed from the previous char.
    I don't see how they couldn't just make it so when you have the interface up you 'learn' that heirloom (which removes it from the toon and puts it in the storage). Just like pets.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Inexperienced players will take longer to do quests, will be a lot less efficient, etc.
    There is no right or wrong amount of experience, but those who complain about heirlooms are simply not seeing the experience from that of a new player.
    One who is levelling through that content for the first time, and without the benefit of experience be it from another race, faction, or class.
    Even with new content, such as race specific, class specific, or faction specific any previous experience from another one will have an impact and will make it easier.
    A new player would not have access to heirlooms. Also the majority of the old WoW playerbase is much larger then the new players it attracts now.

If someone has reached level 90 already then he is no longer inexperienced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how they couldn't just make it so when you have the interface up you 'learn' that heirloom (which removes it from the toon and puts it in the storage). Just like pets.
    They could, but it would still need to be made unobtainable for other characters (unless you had 2 for example)

They most likely don't want you to just have free looms because you had 1

They could, but it would still need to be made unobtainable for other characters (unless you had 2 for example)
    Well, when you cage a pet it is removed from your pet log. It's honestly the same concept. You can even have up to 3 battle pets, so you just remove 1 specifically and the other 2 remain. Same would work for multiple heirlooms (Rogue daggers/etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when you cage a pet it is removed from your pet log. It's honestly the same concept. You can even have up to 3 battle pets, so you just remove 1 specifically and the other 2 remain. Same would work for multiple heirlooms (Rogue daggers/etc).
    Ah, you mean that way. Thought you ment like the mount/pet page. That is plausible too. So mean, you have the list and you "exract" the item from the list? Could be possible. But, think Blizzard might want something a little easier setup. Though, maybe they didn't think on that part, would be more user-friendly than having to find a mailbox.

Ah, you mean that way. Thought you ment like the mount/pet page. That is plausible too. So mean, you have the list and you "exract" the item from the list? Could be possible. But, think Blizzard might want something a little easier setup. Though, maybe they didn't think on that part, would be more user-friendly than having to find a mailbox.
    Really, to me they have the code in place. They just have to change what's being stored and removed. It may not be the "Best" option, but I really think it would work if they cared to implement it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, to me they have the code in place. They just have to change what's being stored and removed. It may not be the "Best" option, but I really think it would work if they cared to implement it that way.
    Could have, though. Right now I'll sit a little further on the chair and await what 5.4 reveals. The extract idea is a good idea, don't think they thought about that as everyone has been thinking the main word "Sending". Though, I may have to think that it would be a little more difficult than to just make the mailboxes work *smiles*