Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Well Alliance are supposed to be the good guys, perfect example of that.
    Absolutely. It'll also be an example of how being the 'good guys' doesn't pay off; particularly evidenced by the fact that there will be no changes made to the world to demonstrate that we're the 'good guys' (as opposed to the Horde who managed to trash Gilneas, make a crater out of Theramore and much more in being the 'bad guys'). Not only that, but i'm sure the Horde will go back to trashing us next expansion and the Alliance, as usual, will take some misguided holier-than-thou, stiff-upper-lip approach that won't pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    As an Alliance player Blizzard should make complaining about Alliance lore a bannable offense at this point. Just saying.
    Please. :P

Let's make some alliance lore.

Tyrande - Needs new shoes again because she's been standing idle for a while now. Go pick em up @ the tailor shop in Stormwind. While you're at it get some flowers for ol' Malfie too.

Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Please. :P
    Are you going to offer anything constructive any time soon? Or just keep on giving the horde a bad name?

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

I ask myself this same question all the time. It's what I did a couple years back. Started in early 07', was Alliance up until mid WotLK, grew tired of the crybabies on Alliance, rerolled Horde, never been happier.
    So you switched factions because of Alliance crybabies that didnt exist at the time because the lore wasnt so one sided. k

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Are you going to offer anything constructive any time soon? Or just keep on giving the horde a bad name?
    I'm sorry you feel that I'm giving the Horde a bad name by being fed up with Alliance crying, is there anything I can do to change your mind?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    So you switched factions because of Alliance crybabies that didnt exist at the time because the lore wasnt so one sided. k
    Silly Sandrox, there was PLENTY of Alliance crying back then.

Silly Sandrox, there was PLENTY of Alliance crying back then.
    About Horde vs. Alliance problems that didnt exist at the time? Im sure.

With how entitled, whiny, immature and moronic Alliance players have been this expansion regarding the lore I don't think there's anything constructive to say at this point. The sheer level of complaining over nothing this faction has done is embarrassing to watch and every concession Blizzard has made (the Horde falling apart, Garrosh turning pure evil, Varian turning around into a better person, sweeping victories against the Horde all over Pandaria) has not been good enough. Nothing would be good enough because you're all spoiled children. Blizzard could delete the entire Horde faction tomorrow and you'd consider it Horde favoritism.

Here's what I have to say to Alliance players: shut up. No one cares what you think anymore, and you brought it on yourselves.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Absolutely. It'll also be an example of how being the 'good guys' doesn't pay off; particularly evidenced by the fact that there will be no changes made to the world to demonstrate that we're the 'good guys' (as opposed to the Horde who managed to trash Gilneas, make a crater out of Theramore and much more in being the 'bad guys'). Not only that, but i'm sure the Horde will go back to trashing us next expansion and the Alliance, as usual, will take some misguided holier-than-thou, stiff-upper-lip approach that won't pay off.
    There's a difference between being the altruistic good guys and being suckers.

Not fighting to defend land that was yours up until Garrosh took over the Horde is being suckers, not good guys.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm sorry you feel that I'm giving the Horde a bad name by being fed up with Alliance crying, is there anything I can do to change your mind?
    By stop acting like a child, and being a respectable member of the mmoc community. These are for discussions. Not calling people "crybabies."

With how entitled, whiny, immature and moronic Alliance players have been this expansion regarding the lore I don't think there's anything constructive to say at this point. The sheer level of complaining over nothing this faction has done is embarrassing to watch and every concession Blizzard has made (the Horde falling apart, Garrosh turning pure evil, Varian turning around into a better person, sweeping victories against the Horde all over Pandaria) has not been good enough. Nothing would be good enough because you're all spoiled children. Blizzard could delete the entire Horde faction tomorrow and you'd consider it Horde favoritism.

Here's what I have to say to Alliance players: shut up. No one cares what you think anymore, and you brought it on yourselves.
    No one said you HAD to come into the thread.
    Last edited by Sukhoi; 2013-07-17 at 07:00 PM.

A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Exactly, being a completely good guy doesn't really pay off. It will help with the lore of Jaina going mad over this decision, have fights with Varian, maybe in future create a split Alliance, half peaceful with Varian and half extremists with Jaina, then the horde goes to help solve the problem between them...

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with the current status of Alliance ONLY & ONLY they do something about Theramore. that place was my favorite questing zone. and now it's gone :|, tell you what. they should move the Worgen refugees from Darnassus there and build a dark-themed Theramore with victorian style architecture. and make us quest about a serial killer loose in the city, and ghost busting quests. I don't see how even Horde players can object to this awesomeness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    The issue I have with the story telling as of late is that the Horde seem to get a really good bang for there buck in the "war" part of world of warcraft while the Alliance side of story telling seems to be more on the lines of "lets do what they are doing. Last expac with us following around thrall and protecting / aiding him felt really wierd from an RP POV (being on US-feathermoon yes RP does come into play) as we were basically tossing out all the past about him being the war chief and basically sworn enemy etc to help.

Now in this expac it started off great... there was conflict and hatred and you could see that basically both sides were fighting for the upper hand on this new land... however to the end again we seem to fall in to the "help" role and we are going in to help the horde kill off Garosh and then once we have helped the horde rid themselves of there corrupted leader we are going to go back to "ok we hate you again but only after we were in your capitol with our army and gave it back to you".

From a lore POV it just does not add up that we would not help / leave with some condition or upper hand in the end. You got to think the horde at this point in time is not as strong as the alliance due to the rift and not being fully unified. The alliance could technically stand back and watch Garosh's horde fight the rest of the horde and then once that fight is over swoop in and finish off what is left. This is after all modeled after mid-evil warfare and this would have been the tactic used if you saw 2 of your enemies fighting each other... let one wipe out the other and then lop off the head of the weakened one to claim the land.

However... we help... then leave... and go right back to equal footing while gaining nothing but the death of our soldiers as a thanks? It just seems silly that this is how they will end an expansion from the Alliance story point of view! While the horde reclaim there city, dethrone a dictator, gain a new warchief and start to rebuild there nation...at least there losses are going to an over all good cause for there faction!

just my .02!
    ^^^ this. It doesn't make sense.

No one said you needed to come into the thread.
    If that's your only response than you have no argument. Everything I said is true, you just need to get past the denial stage.

Also...

By stop acting like a child
    LOL

If that's your only response than you have no argument. Everything I said is true, you just need to get past the denial stage.
    I dont have an argument. You're complaining about people complaining. Crybaby.

Just offer something constructive instead of bitching about people. How does that make you any better than them?

Couldn't have said it better myself, though the last line seems a bit harsh.

I ask myself this same question all the time. It's what I did a couple years back. Started in early 07', was Alliance up until mid WotLK, grew tired of the crybabies on Alliance, rerolled Horde, never been happier.
    Hmm I wonder why. What would Horde have to complain about for the entire Cata and MoP. Maybe that's why you are happy because Blizzard actually gives more love and care to your beloved red faction.

I dont have an argument. You're complaining about people complaining. Crybaby.
    Oh that's rich, an Alliance player calling me a crybaby. Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh today.

Deleted
    Both sides lost, Horde lost its foundation and has to go into a rebellion to dethrone the Warchief, which never happened before and the alliance lost Theramore and territory.

Most importantly they lost lifes.

Maybe both sides should have learned more in Pandaria, not fighting, walking away from one another without bloodshed.

Maybe someone would notice that war is not about gaining something, its about losing, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Azshara never belonged to the Alliance anyway. What makes you nitwits think you ought to control a zone with a door into a Horde capital city?

Well there is the fact that the Nelves lived on Kalimdor before the orcs probably even learned how to make axes over on Draenor. But I guess that kinda slipped your mind.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it