Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Well, when you cage a pet it is removed from your pet log. It's honestly the same concept. You can even have up to 3 battle pets, so you just remove 1 specifically and the other 2 remain. Same would work for multiple heirlooms (Rogue daggers/etc).
    Except that in the case of pets its removing a spell from your book and creating an item. Doing it the other way around isn't necessarily the same thing, coding-wise. I'm pretty sure they also want a solution that would preserve any enchants or upgrades, which this wouldn't do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Except that in the case of pets its removing a spell from your book and creating an item. Doing it the other way around isn't necessarily the same thing, coding-wise. I'm pretty sure they also want a solution that would preserve any enchants or upgrades, which this wouldn't do.
    True, that is one of the downsides, damn wonderful enchants *grins* I don't think the upgrades would be a problem.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I'm not trying to argue and all, but when you first learn a pet it's being removed from your invy and created into the book. I agree on the enchants/upgrades though, that would probably make things more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I don't understand it when they said that. You can buy pets, mounts, and the helms now (actual pieces of armor) from the cash shop that go to all your toons but Blizz says that they just can't make it so heirlooms can be sent because it's too hard.

Believe it or are they just BS'ing? Any computer programmers here think it really is to hard for them to do that?
    I'm pretty sure this wont be a problem when 5.4's Virtual Server come out speaking we have the client strings that were datamined.

[QUOTE=Gehco;21789195]But that would go against the original idea, of the item being from you. Pretty sure they don't want you have the heirlooms like you have mounts/pets, that would mean "unlimited" access to heirlooms - they want the item to be yours. Your job to send it around, your job to store it.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhh why would it matter if you had unlimited access to heirlooms you already bought for your own account? you quickly run out of classes to use them on and they can only be used by you. Starting over for free on a different realm is the point and is also the reason it hasn't happened. blizzard has been getting rich off the money for every mule character that loads up on shit and pays 25/30 dollars to move there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They could, but it would still need to be made unobtainable for other characters (unless you had 2 for example)

They most likely don't want you to just have free looms because you had 1
    what the hell are you talking about? you bought the item it is a BOA you are allowed to send it to yourself however many times you want. how is it "free" it is account bound it cannot be traded to others

- - - Updated - - -

Gehco you're honestly concerned about people 'duping' an item for THEMSELF that today they just mail around to their characters over and over. the only change is the amount of times you have to mail the damn thing back to your other characters name and the copper you save

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=coldrain;21789887]
    But that would go against the original idea, of the item being from you. Pretty sure they don't want you have the heirlooms like you have mounts/pets, that would mean "unlimited" access to heirlooms - they want the item to be yours. Your job to send it around, your job to store it.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhh why would it matter if you had unlimited access to heirlooms you already bought for your own account? you quickly run out of classes to use them on and they can only be used by you. Starting over for free on a different realm is the point and is also the reason it hasn't happened. blizzard has been getting rich off the money for every mule character that loads up on shit and pays 25/30 dollars to move there

- - - Updated - - -

what the hell are you talking about? you bought the item it is a BOA you are allowed to send it to yourself however many times you want. how is it "free" it is account bound it cannot be traded to others
    You haven't even read the whole thread? The main point, as they have said before, is that the items are yours. The system is your your items that you have, be it 1, 2 or 3 shoulders - but that is also your limit. They don't want you to have unlimited heirlooms for what ever character you want. The whole idea is for you to have your already worked for items, not just click and go "Swooosh" because you don't have to worry about where you heirlooms are.

Think the main idea is still, it's your job to make sure who has the items, and it's your job to still manage your heirlooms. Not just be able to put them on where ever you make a character. That's why I agreed to the previous idea of extracting from a list (like pets gets caged). So, you pull the heirloom from a list of 1 or more of the same thing, then you'll have that one less. When you've reached the max you had of looms, then you can't extract more from the list until the previous ones are "learned" / "Placed" back to the list.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-07-17 at 07:31 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

the only items they could have two of are the trinket slots and duel wielding. "someone might dupe a trinket/weapon they didn't buy with justice points that are thrown at everyone for doing a random dungeon, this feature cannot be allowed"

- - - Updated - - -

so logging into all your characters and searching their bags/banks to find out where the damn heirloom currently is to use it on another character is really your problem? people saving time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    the only items they could have two of are the trinket slots and duel wielding. "someone might dupe a trinket/weapon they didn't buy with justice points that are thrown at everyone for doing a random dungeon, this feature cannot be allowed"

- - - Updated - - -

so logging into all your characters and searching their bags/banks to find out where the damn heirloom currently is to use it on another character is really your problem? people saving time?
    Yes, it actually is your problem where you place your heirlooms. They aren't signing a babysitter service for you. Many people I know, gather all unused heirlooms on the same character.

strange thing, the technology for crossrealm mounts is here.

Just quit the boring game for good, if you can't be arsed.

but it's perfectly alright for them to babysit where our mounts and pets are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    strange thing, the technology for crossrealm mounts is here.

Just quit the boring game for good, if you can't be arsed.
    Not the same coding once more, their plan isn't for you to just have all the looms by the click as soon as they are unlocked. Its for you to use your heirlooms you bought, managing them. As said before in this thread, not only by me, it's not the same coding.

If it were, then the heirlooms would be expected to be more expensive if they were to be on every character by a click without managing where they are, or where in use.

Gehco so if you were developing WoW all our mounts and pets would still be character bound, the system the way it is now is a babysitting service

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    The technology has been there since you could cage pets.
    Pretty much this. If you can cage one item and transfer it anywhere you want even across multiple accounts on the same battle.net why couldn't you do it with others? Yeah it's all about the server transfers I know many people who farm the fishing rings and other looms just to transfer them over to other servers. Lets face it we will never see crossrealm heirlooms and the reason behind it is $$$$$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Maybe if they showed they gave 2 fucks about their players, subs would stop declining for once
    With that logic it most mean that Swtor, Guildwars2, Aion and Rift really don´t give 2 fucks about their players since they start declining in numbers before even lasting 3months.

10+ Year Old Account
    but it's perfectly alright for them to babysit where our mounts and pets are?
    True, there's that point. But what are you saying then, you want the game to be more automated? I hope not.

But if it's so much of a problem for you to just remember where things are, then I might suggest gather the unused on one chatacter bank? Or learn to remember?

As said before, hoping more for the mail system to become a reality, sending your heirlooms around. Then the players take responsibility of where they are and manage where they go.

- - - Updated - - -

Gehco so if you were developing WoW all our mounts and pets would still be character bound, the system the way it is now is a babysitting service
    Nope, not really. Mounts and pets are different in my book. It's just plusses to have around. Can live with 3 mounts, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I don't understand it when they said that. You can buy pets, mounts, and the helms now (actual pieces of armor) from the cash shop that go to all your toons but Blizz says that they just can't make it so heirlooms can be sent because it's too hard.

Believe it or are they just BS'ing? Any computer programmers here think it really is to hard for them to do that?
    The framework is not in place to send mail from Server to Server. That has nothing to do with mail going from Blizzard to Server.

Given how old the WoW source is, yes, it can be absolutely very difficult to implement framework for such a thing without breaking a thousand other things. It's NOT as simple as dropping in some code. The reward vs. the time and frustration invested in to such a thing is hardly worth it too.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Pretty much this. If you can cage one item and transfer it anywhere you want even across multiple accounts on the same battle.net why couldn't you do it with others? Yeah it's all about the server transfers I know many people who farm the fishing rings and other looms just to transfer them over to other servers. Lets face it we will never see crossrealm heirlooms and the reason behind it is $$$$$$$.
    I'm amazed at people comparing pets you can cage to sell on auction or give to other players to BOAs. you cannot make gold having unlimited BOAs

- - - Updated - - -

Gehco with all the changes made to the game over the years, including today's blizzard store concerns, people saving time using their BOAs is not much of an issue. and It's not that we're lazy or unwilling to find or remember where the items are, i'm honestly surprised you feel the way you do about this

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm amazed at people comparing pets you can cage to sell on auction or give to other players to BOAs. you cannot make gold having unlimited BOAs

- - - Updated - - -

Gehco with all the changes made to the game over the years, including today's blizzard store concerns, people saving time using their BOAs is not much of an issue. and It's not that we're lazy or unwilling to find or remember where the items are, i'm honestly surprised you feel the way you do about this
    Still, having unlimited BoA defeats the original goal of actually earning your item. You pay for what you have and that is what you manage. I level chatacters on a large plan, and I mostly just transfer a lvl 85 away from the server to level a new character with my heirlooms.

I can understand your view, but again, I disagree that a player should have free access on all characters just because you bought the heirloom once.

The cage idea wasn't an idea for selling, the original idea was not as a "cage". The idea was that you had a list containing your heirlooms, and then you "extracted" the heirlooms you needed from the list to your character to use. Of course this item would disappear from the list till it's put back, but the idea is good and you still have some self management.

And of course, I dislike looking for it, but I know it is a responsibility if you want to have this "perk" (if you can call it that). I mean, Blizzard already alerts you if you forgot mail or heirlooms on a char that you are about to delete. We don't need to much babysitting. And again, you'll perhaps bring up mounts and pets - and really, that's a luxury too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    You might wish to scroll through the thread? It's already datamined that they are working on crossrealm mail via the new Virtual Realm system.

Not the same coding once more, their plan isn't for you to just have all the looms by the click as soon as they are unlocked. Its for you to use your heirlooms you bought, managing them. As said before in this thread, not only by me, it's not the same coding.

If it were, then the heirlooms would be expected to be more expensive if they were to be on every character by a click without managing where they are, or where in use.
    This is, in no way an excution to not make the heirlooms crossrealm, its a request that is there since they exist. The mount managment just is an example. Do you work for Blizzard, or why do you defend this so hard? Like talking to a propaganda machine. This is really annoying, dude.

btw, i have on 3 different servers all the heirlooms, just you know where i am coming from. Your turn.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-07-17 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Well, when you cage a pet it is removed from your pet log. It's honestly the same concept. You can even have up to 3 battle pets, so you just remove 1 specifically and the other 2 remain. Same would work for multiple heirlooms (Rogue daggers/etc).
    I assumed everyone would think the heirloom system would be like this had they any experience with the pet journal. the game remembers what we have and don't have. when you're done with a heirloom on one character they could make it exactly like put in cage. the ability to dupe them would not exist

character hits 80-85. cage heirloom. next character use heirloom, repeated forever

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You might wish to scroll through the thread? It's already datamined that they are working on crossrealm mail via the new Virtual Realm system.[/QUOTE]

I still don't feel crossrealm mailing would be needed at all had they had a system for boas in place. crossrealm mailing would allow us to mail anyone on any realm or just send stuff to ourselves? i doubt theyll allow mailing to other people, when you cannot trade items to people you are grouped with from other servers except conjured/mage food