Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sargeras should kill elune.

when the burning legion invades, elune should attempt to stop them and be killed/eaten by either sargeras or someone powerful in the burning legion.

this would both

A get rid of elune
    B make the legion look strong again
    C cause alot of controversy and make lots of people angry.
    D create a huge moment in warcraft lore and a huge shift in the way night elf culture works
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Well, I really like Elune and think this is good idea, but I don't want Night Elves to lost their beloved God.
    I'd rather see someone other, like Kil'jaeden killing A'dal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Well, I really like Elune and think this is good idea, but I don't want Night Elves to lost their beloved God.
    I'd rather see someone other, like Kil'jaeden killing A'dal.
    yeah but nobody cares about the naaru. weve already had a naaru die before in sunwell and nobody cared. for the playerbase a'dal is just one more windchime in a sea of wind chimes. someone like elune would have a much bigger impact on players in my opinion
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah but nobody cares about the naaru. weve already had a naaru die before in sunwell and nobody cared. for the playerbase a'dal is just one more windchime in a sea of wind chimes. someone like elune would have a much bigger impact on players in my opinion
    I completely agree, but where would they fight? In the Azeroth? I think Sargeras would wipe whole planet the moment he stand on it(well, maybe I'm overreacting but it's still much). I think we're still not ready for Titans/Sargeras yet.

This is the reason why I'd like to see someone strong(but not as strong as Sargeras) to kill a "good guy"/"good lady" and make a really big impact on the lore.

I prefer the non-physical Elune and thus not seeing her take part directly in battle. I'm still dreading her reveal as a naaru herself, though. I fear Blizzard will do it....

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I completely agree, but where would they fight? In the Azeroth? I think Sargeras would wipe whole planet the moment he stand on it(well, maybe I'm overreacting but it's still much). I think we're still not ready for Titans/Sargeras yet.

This is the reason why I'd like to see someone strong(but not as strong as Sargeras) to kill a "good guy"/"good lady" and make a really big impact on the lore.
    yeah i agree we shouldnt see sargeras anytime soon.

in my head if it were sargeras who killed/ate her it would be like the legion is about to open a portal and she flies through the portal and instead of really doing anything to sargeras all she manages to do is close the portal.

kinda like broxigar.

but it would work just as well with say kil'jaedan or someone like that. in fact it may even have a bigger impact if it isnt sargeras who were to do it since everyone already knows sargeras is super strong, having someone else just completely annihilate elune might make the legion look even stronger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I prefer the non-physical Elune and thus not seeing her take part directly in battle. I'm still dreading her reveal as a naaru herself, though. I fear Blizzard will do it....
    thats why i think maybe she should be killed off (but in a really epic way) since it seems like blizzard doesnt really know what they wanna do at all with elune and everyone is always like "what is she" and "if shes really a god why the hell doesnt she do anything other than talk to tyrande". and if they bring her in as some super god like some people want it would probably just ruin the story and if they make her just another windchime a bunch of people will flip out because there "super god" was relegated to just another wind chime.

Deleted
    Dunno if its really worth to throw her out like that. If it does come to that the biggest reaction we will get from lore savvies would probably be something along the lines of "oh... so she DOES exist".

10+ Year Old Account
    “Can even Elune stand up to the darkness of Sargeras?” --Malfurion, The Sundering
    “What is Elune to the great Sargeras?” --Azshara, The Sundering

10+ Year Old Account
    thats why i think maybe she should be killed off (but in a really epic way) since it seems like blizzard doesnt really know what they wanna do at all with elune and everyone is always like "what is she" and "if shes really a god why the hell doesnt she do anything other than talk to tyrande". and if they bring her in as some super god like some people want it would probably just ruin the story and if they make her just another windchime a bunch of people will flip out because there "super god" was relegated to just another wind chime.
    Doesn't that have more to do with the situation how the Night Elfs have no progression story in the game at all?
    All we ever see is glimpses here, glimpses there. The Nelf Empire crumbles to pieces caused by the Cataclysm and Garrosh's military machinery. Malfurions' return was the biggest disappointment in all of WoWs story progression imo so far. He was used as a "supporting actor" during the Cataclysm storyline in the game, with very little exposure, and barely any display of his actual powers.
    Elune and Tyrande. The connection we know from almost ancient times of the story before WoW. In the game. Elune's presence goes unnoticed. Tyrandes' main job is to stand around in Darnassus and look pretty. If it wasn't for Mt Hyjal raid, few players would even know who she actually is. Oh, on that note...
    I still believe she has the hottest and most epic mount of all mounts in the game. Her tiger is unmatched by any other mount to date.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Naaru vs corupt Titan. What does a naaru do anyway? Shoot lasers?
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Just hook up a frequency generator to some massive speakers, dial in the resonant frequency, and those wind chimes are dust.

whether she ends up as a naaru or not, thats kind of the point.

when the burning legion invades, elune should attempt to stop them and be killed/eaten by either sargeras or someone powerful in the burning legion.

this would both

A get rid of elune
    B make the legion look strong again
    C cause alot of controversy and make lots of people angry.
    D create a huge moment in warcraft lore and a huge shift in the way night elf culture works
    ..but no one even knows what elune really IS, for all we know elune could just be nothing more than the nightelves' way of accessing holy magic
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah but nobody cares about the naaru. weve already had a naaru die before in sunwell and nobody cared.
    and more people care about and know who Elune is?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    ..but no one even knows what elune really IS, for all we know elune could just be nothing more than the nightelves' way of accessing holy magic
    Holy magic is the same as using fire or ice it doesn't talk to the uses. Elune talks to the night elves and the warcraft universe hasn't got the crazy Invisible god thing going that our world has. So Elune has to have a physical form somewhere and since blizzard started the naaru thing they will most likely go though with it.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the old WoW encyclopedia entry on Elune.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy magic is the same as using fire or ice it doesn't talk to the uses. Elune talks to the night elves and the warcraft universe hasn't got the crazy Invisible god thing going that our world has. So Elune has to have a physical form somewhere and since blizzard started the naaru thing they will most likely go though with it.
    Elune is incorporeal as stated on the official website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone actually seen Elune? In any games/books/etc? Would be nice if Elune manifested herself down on Azeroth to build an attachment to her before she dies, otherwise, I wouldn't really care if she lives or dies, especially since we only see her name on landmarks and spells and such but never the deity herself.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Has anyone actually seen Elune? In any games/books/etc? Would be nice if Elune manifested herself down on Azeroth to build an attachment to her before she dies, otherwise, I wouldn't really care if she lives or dies, especially since we only see her name on landmarks and spells and such but never the deity herself.
    you shall receive answer:
    This is an official pic from the RPG..

More about her here:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Elune
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    So she's basically the Jesus of Azeroth. People say she exists, everyone has different ideals for her and although they don't know what she really looks like, they make her out in their image.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama